Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2013 04:52 pm
@reasoning logic,
Or we could admit that we do not have to do that, to me, or anyone else?...Because it is simply feeble to argue on "what if's"?

What does any of that have to do with Moses?
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2013 05:01 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
What did you think about that short transformation video I shared? It had no nudity.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2013 05:07 pm
@reasoning logic,
I thought it was a bit freaky...

I had seen a show once...Probably 10-12 years ago where people would dress up as the opposite to see what it was like from the others perspective...

Mainly because the men would geer at women...at stadiums...

And when they were then dressed up as good looking women...It got them to see what it was like for drunk men to be geering at them...at stadiums...

And how uncomfortable it felt...And how dumb people are while drunk...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2013 05:08 pm
@reasoning logic,
I have to run out mate...I will be back later...
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2013 06:39 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5218729)
I can't say what I mean. It's dynamite and we have young readers.

Ever heard of Dynamic Tension?

Yup...Charles Atlas and the sand kicker were part of my childhood.

Quote:
Quote:
Whatever. There are many more reasons for being bothered by the Church.

Nah!! Nobody would bother about the Church if not because of its teaching on sexual matters. And certainly not to the extent people are bothered about it. It would be just a club for members.

Give me an example.

Ever hear the word "abortion."

Ever hear of the concept of equality for women?

spendius

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 05:07 am
@Frank Apisa,
I was alluding to equality for women when I mentioned DT. But you being such an extreme misogynist must have caused it to pass you by.

Prof. Greer had something to say about men who casually talk of equality for women.

Quote:
There has come into existence, chiefly in America, a breed of men who claim to be feminists. They imagine that they have understood 'what women want' and that they are capable of giving it to them. They help with the dishes at home and make their own coffee in the office, basking the while in the refulgent consciousness of virtue. Such men are apt to think of the true male feminists as utterly chauvinistic.

Talk's cheap. "Basking the while in the refulgent consciousness of virtue" is marking your own homework.

Quote:

Such an extreme method of artificial birth control is possibly the main reason why so many people attack the Church so emotionally. Homosexuality and divorce not far behind.

Are you saying abortion is not connected to sex? I asked for a reason not connected to sex.
spendius

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 05:22 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
I AM paying attention.

That's marking your own homework as well. If you were paying attention you would have pondered why I mentioned Dynamic Tension rather than offer the flip remark you did.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 06:12 am
@spendius,
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5218942)
I was alluding to equality for women when I mentioned DT. But you being such an extreme misogynist must have caused it to pass you by.

Prof. Greer had something to say about men who casually talk of equality for women.

Stop being so clever and actually say what you want to say rather than doing the alluding, Spendius. You are unclear because you want to be unclear...so you can then accuse the people who misunderstand you of not being up to your standards.

Say what you mean to say.

And I really do not much give a damn what Professor Greer has to say about anything unless he/she is willing to come here and discuss it with me.

Quote:

There has come into existence, chiefly in America, a breed of men who claim to be feminists. They imagine that they have understood 'what women want' and that they are capable of giving it to them. They help with the dishes at home and make their own coffee in the office, basking the while in the refulgent consciousness of virtue. Such men are apt to think of the true male feminists as utterly chauvinistic.

Talk's cheap. "Basking the while in the refulgent consciousness of virtue" is marking your own homework.

It is my opinion that I am more concerned with and appreciative of women's rights than you ever will be.

You disagree with me.

Fine...let's move along.

Quote:

Quote:

Such an extreme method of artificial birth control is possibly the main reason why so many people attack the Church so emotionally. Homosexuality and divorce not far behind.

Are you saying abortion is not connected to sex? I asked for a reason not connected to sex.

Street lights can be "connected to sex"...so can algebra books. But an intelligent person can separate them long enough to have a discussion about why he/she has disagreements with the church.

If you can't, perhaps discussions of this sort are not for you.

Hope your day is going nicely.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 06:15 am
@spendius,
Quote:
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5218942)
Quote:
I AM paying attention.

That's marking your own homework as well. If you were paying attention you would have pondered why I mentioned Dynamic Tension rather than offer the flip remark you did.

I you want to say something...say it clearly so it can be understood. If you want to show the word that you can be cute, clever, and obscure...do so. But if doing that causes misunderstandings, have the strength of character to take responsibility for the misunderstanding rather than try to shove it off on someone else.

Great football games yesterday here in the States. Nancy and I enjoyed watching them.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 06:20 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
You are unclear because you want to be unclear...so you can then accuse the people who misunderstand you of not being up to your standards.

I think spendius calls it having fun with sophistry.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 06:26 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5219220)
Quote:
You are unclear because you want to be unclear...so you can then accuse the people who misunderstand you of not being up to your standards.

I'm not sure what he calls it, RL...but it is amazing how often he does it.

And he really should stop...because he is not very good at it...and if he hasn't mastered it by now, I doubt he ever will.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 06:31 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
I'm not sure what he calls it, RL...but it is amazing how often he does it.

And he really should stop...because he is not very good at it..

Try convincing him of that. Smile
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 06:39 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Street lights can be "connected to sex"...so can algebra books.

So are doughnuts. You should see what Ms Greer has to say about them and the Harry Stubbs joke.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 07:09 am
@spendius,

Quote:
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5219220)
Quote:
Street lights can be "connected to sex"...so can algebra books.

So are doughnuts. You should see what Ms Greer has to say about them and the Harry Stubbs joke.

That is why I mentioned it in response to your challenge:

Quote:

If you want to tie "abortion" to "sex" in my response...you have to tie almost everything on the planet to sex.

In any case, my response of the word "abortion" to what I find disturbing about the Church stands. I do not want the Church, or you, deciding what a woman must or must not do with her own body.

And I certainly will never accept that advocacy for women's rights such as I present represents some kind of male chauvinism...while what you are doing is enlightened.

There are, Spendius, lots of reasons for opposing the Church...and for considering it to be a net negative to the plight of humanity. That is not the same as saying it is useless or that it does nothing positive...nor that it does not provide a necessary refuge for some people.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 07:12 am
@spendius,
Quote:

This is what I was talking about above, Spendius.

Say what the hell you mean to say...rather than using these obscure references. Just SAY WHAT YOU MEAN TO SAY. Or understand when people misinterpret what you were trying to say, but actually didn't!
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 08:23 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
What does any of that have to do with Moses?

It was the smoke from the burning bush that made him come up with the story of parting the sea and all that crazy stuff?
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 08:29 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
I thought it was a bit freaky...

Some people call that walking on the wild side.

0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 08:45 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:

Give me an example of a sophistry rl. Anybody can sit there ladling out smears and slurs when not required to back them up. It's infantile.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 08:49 am
@spendius,
Quote:
Give me an example of a sophistry rl.

That's to easy, it can be summed up in just one word. "spendius"

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 08:50 am
@spendius,
Quote:
Quote:
Re: reasoning logic (Post 5219227)
Quote:

Give me an example of a sophistry rl. Anybody can sit there ladling out smears and slurs when not required to back them up. It's infantile.

Hummm...."it's infantile"...seems to be a smear and a slur!

Wonder where that leads?
0 Replies