Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 03:51 pm
@Arella Mae,
Never saw him in person, AM...but I enjoy many of his songs. Seems incredible that he has made a career as a vocalist considering that gravel sounding set of vocal cords that he has.

But...I do enjoy his songs.
spendius

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 04:24 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
In 1962 he had his first serious relationship, with London art student Suzannah Boffey (and a friend of future model and actress Chrissie Shrimpton); he moved to a bed-sit in Muswell Hill to be near her. She became pregnant, but neither Rod nor his family wanted him to enter marriage; the baby girl was given for adoption and Rod's and Suzannah's relationship ended.
Arella Mae

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 04:57 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I know what you mean. His voice was never "star" quality but there was just something about him. I loved his ballads more than anything. But, I think this is my very favorite. I don't know how to embed videos. Sorry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9eQShsxkj4

Um........no, this one really is my very favorite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6yk9wWNB08
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 05:08 pm
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
I know what you mean. His voice was never "star" quality but there was just something about him. I loved his ballads more than anything

I agree that he was great along with many others in my opinion.

Here is a remake by a young girl I thought did a fantastic job but in my opinion not trying to be mean but I have not seen any other of her work that I found to be great.

I will also include below it something I found to be inspirational

There is a more inspirational or should I say a faster tempo of this song

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 05:25 pm
@reasoning logic,
I like Elton John's version of the song much better but it is a cute remake. The second was okay but again, not my cup of tea.

I am in a nostaligic mood right now so I doubt I'm going to find many remakes of anything as good as the originals.
Laughing
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 05:33 pm
@Arella Mae,
I can not find anyone who can out do Elton but as far as the last one "You may try the other version, but still it may not be your cup of tea.

spendius

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 05:53 pm
@spendius,
Gee--a straight quote from Wikipedia has been thumbed down.

Can you believe that folks.

The wanker got the young lady he claimed to love in the pudding club and then abandoned her. How very ******* romantic I must say.

And a few swelling major chords make it all seem alright, respectable and even admirable.

Goodness gracious me!!!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 06:01 pm
@reasoning logic,
Now, THAT I like.................a lot! Laughing
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 06:35 pm
@Arella Mae,
I am glad to hear that we both like something similar.
I will add that the bible is the most intellectual book that I have read in my opinion only because I enjoy the moral philosophy that can be gained from it.
I will be nice and not talk about the evils that I learned from it.
I have studied the bible more than any other subject but that does not mean that I have a very good understanding of it.
I just wish people would not believe me nor anyone else but rather come to their own understanding about reality.

Would it be wrong if I asked this of Muslims or any other religion that is different than ours?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2012 02:18 am
@reasoning logic,
I do not have to worry about laced weed, since I do not smoke weed...But I did have some Jack...But I would not say it was too much....
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2012 02:40 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
I just wish people would not believe me nor anyone else but rather come to their own understanding about reality.

It is good that you say this Logic...Because I do not believe that anyone believes you... Razz
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2012 05:38 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
If are wondering Psalm 46 is the exact center of the King James Bible

Spades this seems to be incorrect from what I have seen. The link that you shared does not work for me.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2012 06:36 am
@reasoning logic,
I know mate...I tried it a couple of times myself....And even tried to requote the website...making sure it was correct...But it did not work...Even though I quoted it twice like it said...That is why I physically typed everything the website said in my post...

I do not know what the problem is....

But I did memorize how to find it...

Go to google....And type in "who was 46 when the Bible was written..."

And you will find the link I posted at the top...

I don't know what you have seen or read...that it is different...

So you would have to quote or post what you have seen or read...
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2012 08:19 am
@reasoning logic,
Did you find it mate? What did the one you have heard, seen or read say?

Was it basically the same, but without the center part?
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2012 08:45 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Was it basically the same, but without the center part?

The center part was the part that I was asking you about. I think that the rest was correct.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2012 08:55 am
@reasoning logic,
So then it was just the center part then?

Did you find the link I posted?

It would be easy to find out if the center part is true or not...

You should just be able to google what is the exact center of the English translation of the KJV Bible...
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2012 08:59 am
@reasoning logic,
http://www.amatteroftruth.com/what-is-the-exact-center-chapter-of-the-bible

http://www.zoklet.net/totse/en/religion/christianity/psalmcenteroft179718.html

http://prayerfoundation.org/not_center_verse_of_bible_118_8.htm

The first says it is around psalm 117...And the latter two say it is psalm 118:8

So I would agree with you...that psalm 46 is not the exact center...And then it is not even possible anyways that Shakespear would have been considered God...Or he did not try to put himself in the exact center anyways...

And the first website I linked was wrong about that...Or most people would think it is incorrect...
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2012 09:24 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I would have found it really cool if Shakespeare was the center and the center word. Wink

Maybe He thought that he would have taken it to far or that he tried but it would have been found out and people would stop believing
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2012 09:43 am
@reasoning logic,
Or he was just not trying to make himself the middle? Because he thought the Bible was beyond him? Or was not correct to make it look like he was this God...If he believed in this God? Or had no reason too, if he did not believe?

It would have been cool...But it would have sparked a whole conspiracy theory...Which I know you hate...

RL...I have asked you this I think 3 times now, and you still have not answered me...

Did you see the original link I posted? And where it said that? Or no? Just so that other people know I did not make that up...
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2012 10:03 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:

Did you see the original link I posted? And where it said that? Or no? Just so that other people know I did not make that up...

I was not able to bring it up "it said something about an error