Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

spendius

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 09:59 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Yes, I am saying that the GOD mentioned in the Old Testament is the same GOD mentioned in the New Testament.

Which one? The writers of the OT were never so naive as to attempt to define or describe any God. Before a handle can be got on a verbal image of God it is broken by a rush of fresh images each broken in its turn.

Solomon's wives turned him from God to God as fast he he turned them over in his beds.

You're reading the book the wrong way up.

BTW--Ros Stewart is a pansie. He appeals to pansies and furthers a whole world of pansiness.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 10:26 am
@spendius,
Quote:
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Yes, I am saying that the GOD mentioned in the Old Testament is the same GOD mentioned in the New Testament.

Which one? The writers of the OT were never so naive as to attempt to define or describe any God. Before a handle can be got on a verbal image of God it is broken by a rush of fresh images each broken in its turn.

Solomon's wives turned him from God to God as fast he he turned them over in his beds.

You're reading the book the wrong way up.

You mentioned that you have a passage that says the GOD of the Old Testament is defunct. Would you mind citing the passage again, because the one you gave earlier says no such thing...and cannot realistically be interpreted to mean that.

Quote:
BTW--Ros Stewart is a pansie. He appeals to pansies and furthers a whole world of pansiness.

Could be. But, as I said, the song "Maggie May" is still one of my favorites.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 10:49 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
No but this thread is about those who do or do not doubt Christianity and I just figured if one was going to worship something, I thought an idol that was real may be better than one that was not.

So in other words it was just a jokingly cheap shot at believers?

Do you want to start a worship group for Rod Stewart or something? Or would you have a lack of belief about this worship group? Even though YOU proposed it? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Razz

And you do realize that "those who do or do not doubt Christianity" includes you as well, and not just people who "believe"?
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 10:57 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
So in other words it was just a jokingly cheap shot at believers?

No I was aiming for an agnostic, Did I miss?

Quote:

Do you want to start a worship group for Rod Stewart or something?

Only if you will be a follower

Quote:
Or would you have a lack of belief about this worship group? Even though YOU proposed it? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Razz

I was thinking that Frank might have an interest but you are welcome to come along.

Quote:
And you do realize that "those who do or do not doubt Christianity" includes you as well?

That's why I am here silly. Rolling Eyes
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 11:08 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
No I was aiming for an agnostic, Did I miss?

Yes, you did mate...And by a wide margin...As no Agnostic (I am almost certain) would say they worship a God...Or an "idol"

But hey, I could be wrong...there are agnostic-theists out there...Wink Razz

Quote:
Only if you will be a follower

No thanks...I'll stick to my "imaginary idol"...Because he has done more for me, that Rod Stewart has Wink....But hey, I have not tried to pry to Rod Stewart either...Wink Razz

Quote:
That's why I am here silly.

Well, as long as you understand that your first comment in the first post you have made about this...Doesn't really make any sense then, I guess I am cool with it, and you being here....Wink Razz

I am just having some fun mate....I mean no harm....I am just very bored...right now... Cool Very Happy
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 11:14 am
@reasoning logic,
LoL...wait a second though....

And you do realize that "those who do or do not doubt Christianity" includes you as well?

Quote:
That's why I am here silly. Rolling Eyes

If you are being sarcastic about this...Then that means you do NOT realize it means you? Why are you here then?

LoL...

LMAO....

Thanks for the laugh mate...Wink Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 11:14 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:

I am just having some fun mate....I mean no harm....I am just very bored...right now

Hang in there mate its almost breakfast time. Shouldn't you be standing behind the pulpit today?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 11:17 am
@reasoning logic,
I will do my prying later tonight mate..
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 11:18 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank, good luck to the G-men...I see it is a real long shot...But they still could make it in...
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 11:24 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I think it is a very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very long shot, but it still is breathing.

Thanks for the good wishes. I am hoping they at least do their part...with a win.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 11:25 am
@reasoning logic,
Hey Logic...Would you be interested in trying to create a very, very, very difficult riddle for others to try to solve?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 11:26 am
@Frank Apisa,
Yes mate...It would be nice just to see them win, to know they gave themselves a chance...Even if it is almost insignificant at this point...
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 11:32 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

I like Maggie May, but that's about it.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 11:37 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
.Would you be interested in trying to create a very, very, very difficult riddle for others to try to solve?

How about an easy one first?

I was 46 when the bible was rewritten, I love psalm 46 and if you count forward 46 times you will find half of me and if you count backwards 46 time you will find the other half of me, Who am I?

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 11:46 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I thought you might like this what JLNobody shared.

Knock, knock.
God: Who's there?
JLNobody: Me.
God: Go away!
Years later
Knock, knock.
God: Who's there?
JLNobody: You.
God: Come in.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 11:46 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Re: XXSpadeMasterXX (Post 5212113)
Quote:
.Would you be interested in trying to create a very, very, very difficult riddle for others to try to solve?

How about an easy one first?

I was 46 when the bible was rewritten, I love psalm 46 and if you count forward 46 times you will find half of me and if you count backwards 46 time you will find the other half of me, Who am I?

Reasoning Logic???
spendius

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 11:47 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
I thought an idol that was real may be better than one that was not.

Don't be ridiculous rl. Look how gold has been torn down from its mighty pedestal by science. How can an item with a nucleus of 79 protons and 118 neutrons with 79 electrons whizzing around it be an idol. Fort Knox is a religious delusion.

And as for going to the toilet!!!

0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 11:48 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Reasoning Logic???

Out of context Frank "I was not alive when the bible was written and I is I "that is who I is
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 11:53 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
You mentioned that you have a passage that says the GOD of the Old Testament is defunct. Would you mind citing the passage again, because the one you gave earlier says no such thing...and cannot realistically be interpreted to mean that.

Take a tip from oralloy Frank and save yourself typing time. Just say "no it isn't".
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 12:07 pm
@reasoning logic,
http://www.ewisdom.org/secrets/Secret%20Code%2046%20(Shakespear%20bible).htm

"Forty six is the (clue to the) answer. 46.

Forty six tells you who wrote the bible, in a secret code written in the bible itself. Just go buy the King James Authorised Version (completed in 1610 AD) unless you have one already. By the way, 1610 = 35*46 in case you hadn't noticed; more numerological evidence proving that 46 is the correct clue!

Remember 46 is the key to the secret code in the bible answering your question "Who wrote the bible (or translated the 1610 version into English at least)?

So turn to Psalm 46 please. Now count through the words and write down the 46th word thereof. Now go to the end of Psalm 46 and count back 46 words from the end, writing down that word just behind the first one.

If are wondering Psalm 46 is the exact center of the King James Bible

The answer to your question "Who wrote the bible?"!
Those two words are "shake" "spear".

More proof needed? In 1610 (when the bible was completed) Shakespear was 46 years old."

"Shake" "Spear"