Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

reasoning logic

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 12:30 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Give me a few more minutes mate...please...

It's cool mate I understand what it is like to be in the middle of defeating you opponent. Twisted Evil
nothingtodo

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 12:34 pm
@reasoning logic,
Are you serious?
How can he possibly win, even this single argument?
If one includes the potential for slight human interpretive parallel explanation of most harsh (still) truth.

OP:
Take my advice, hit the next guy with 'you have been sarcastic' he should walk.

I am having some logical difficulties with the methodology in place here.
It slows down people amidst 'eh?'
As a thought, that does not make you superior BTW.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 12:38 pm
@nothingtodo,
Quote:
Are you serious?

No
nothingtodo

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 12:40 pm
@reasoning logic,
Thank you.
Giggles I can tolerate, I suppose you loop like ferrets together.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 01:04 pm
@nothingtodo,
Quote:
Giggles I can tolerate, I suppose you loop like ferrets together.

I am not sure about that but my wife did have a room in our home dedicated to about 5 ferrets, talk about a stinky room. I did not go in there often. She loves animals thank goodness they all died and she did not have a desire to replace them.
nothingtodo

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 01:07 pm
@reasoning logic,
Well, yes, I smelt one once too, really the worst stink.. I have smelt some bad uns' too.
0 Replies

nothingtodo

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 01:40 pm
@reasoning logic,
When you are dealing with the mentally incapacitated, TEMPORARILY!
You should show some respect, or when I am placed as your keeper you WILL squirm. DO YOU READ?!

Do some digging about that and what I mean or do not. Your tactics are not for the absolute seekers of RIGHT.

The pair of you....

Humor simply does not seat in arguments like that when in a pained existence.

It looks as though a shocking horror is still befalling the world and no amount of truth will fix it.

And no, 'they are this and they are that, does not prove a thing!'

Also no, I am not superior to the subject of that little escapade, in strength or form, I have no comprehension as yet as to the level of anguish. Though have sat under demons for months before at those areas. It debilitates, but it cannot be seen through and it remains believable that something is slightly off with the world..... Polar values, of self, should not be pitted off axis.

What I have written is sufficient, questions here end MOFO! You are children in the realms of Gods!
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 01:52 pm
@nothingtodo,
Quote:
You should show some respect, or when I am placed as your keeper you WILL squirm. DO YOU READ?!

Do some digging about that and what I mean or do not. Your tactics are not for the absolute seekers of RIGHT.

I like Einstein's approach.
If you understand something well then you should be able to explain it so that my own grandmother could understand it and my grandmother may not have been the genius that Einstein's grandmother was so if you could rephrase that in more simplistic or layman's terms I may be able to reply.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 02:09 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
But that does not mean that they are there because they were incapable of making proper decisions because of the Church or Bible.

The bible and those who promote it are promoting delusional thinking even they do not realize it.

If I were to promote slavery and the capture of young virgin girls in time of war so that I can make them my sex slaves and their off spring my laboring slaves would I not be promoting a delusion when it comes to moral philosophy?
spendius

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 02:12 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
The bible and those who promote it are promoting delusional thinking even they do not realize it.

In what way?
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 02:14 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
In what way?

I guess that you did not read the way in which I described?
spendius

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 02:45 pm
@reasoning logic,
Okay--In what way does the Bible promote delusional thinking and how does it not realise it?
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 02:51 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
Okay--In what way does the Bible promote delusional thinking and how does it not realise it?

The bible is not able to realize anything unless you see it as some Muslims see their book "As the living word of God."
I do not think that the bible has a conscious do you?

The bible promotes slavery and the capture of young virgin girls in time of war so that men can make them their sex slaves and their off spring laboring slaves. Would the bible not be promoting a delusion when it comes to moral philosophy?
spendius

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 04:13 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
The bible promotes slavery and the capture of young virgin girls in time of war so that men can make them their sex slaves and their off spring laboring slaves.

It sounds a pretty good idea to me rl.

Do you think such practices make the tribe stronger or weaker under the circumstances of the particular stage of development it was in at the time they were the norm.

How would you have gone about changing such practices from an atheist point of view when compassion for the weak was unheard of?
Arella Mae

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 04:21 pm
@spendius,
This is one thing that really bothers me. You are talking about what happened in the Old Testament. God doesn't do things that way anymore. Is that not good enough for you?

IF you understand that IF God is SOVEREIGN then you would understand He actually would have the right to do with creation as He sees fit. He does not deal with us in such a harsh manner anymore. We now have grace. So why do you (general you and not specifically you) want to keep bringing up the way He was before grace? Should we do the same with your mistakes? I am not saying God makes mistakes because He does not but I am speaking of the principle of change.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 04:27 pm
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
God doesn't do things that way anymore.

Who says? Did he find this to be immoral as he gained a better understanding of morality?
Arella Mae

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 04:36 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Quote:
God doesn't do things that way anymore.

Who says? Did he find this to be immoral as he gained a better understanding of morality?
The New Testament says. Now you are going to be concerned about WHY he changed the way he deals with us? What will be good enough for you?
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 04:42 pm
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
The New Testament says. Now you are going to be concerned about WHY he changed the way he deals with us? What will be good enough for you?

The only thing that is good enough for me is the truth even though I do not know all of it.

I have been told by some people that I consider very intelligent that what happened was that many of the intellectuals of that time thought that the old testament was harsh and cruel and a new book needed to be written so we have the New testament.
Do you think that it maybe possible that we have an even more in depth understanding of moral philosophy now and maybe we should write a new book?
spendius

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 05:59 pm
@reasoning logic,
The truth is, rl, that you are using Christian moral philosophy whilst at the same time rejecting it because the sexual inhibitions it imposes are a bit inconvenient for your personal needs.

Any new book differing from the NT can only be heading back towards the OT.

Your statue is too big for its pedestal. It is a form of Momism and what the "men in long black robes" are dedicated to annihilating.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 06:08 pm
@Arella Mae,
Quote:

Are you saying that the New Testament tells us that some of the stuff that used to offend that god...no longer offends it???

Jesus said he was not here to change the law...but even if he was just kidding and actually did change it...does that mean that the god who thought homosexual activity was such an abomination it warranted death...no longer feels that way?

I gotta read that. Do you mind citing a passage?