Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2012 10:30 am
@reasoning logic,
I'll see ya later mate....My family is here, and I will be busy all day long....

Have a great Holiday to everyone...
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2012 04:47 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
I'll see ya later mate....My family is here, and I will be busy all day long....

Have a great Holiday to everyone...

I hope you had a good day, my family just left. we had a great time. Even though I do not believe in God I prayed that you may get that gift card but i did not expect an answer.

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2012 07:07 pm
@reasoning logic,
I got a lot of nice things but not that gift card...I maybe did not get it because you said the prayer but did not believe in God? Why would a prayer come true if you do not believe it could? 2 Cents

Would God have any authority to actually make it happen?
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2012 07:13 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Would God have any authority to actually make it happen?

I do not know but you may be right and he does not have the authority to make me a believer by making my prayer come true. Who knows maybe he is just as helpless as you or me.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2012 07:25 pm
@reasoning logic,
No mate, it is not that at all...If you want something to come true you must believe that it could...Because if you are praying but do not believe it could and are raping that prayer of expectation, Then by God not allowing it to happen is him answering that prayer...And is showing you he is real once again, because you asked him to show you it, but did not believe it would...So if he is real, he is going to not allow it to happen and answer that prayer...

If he did it would mean he is a God who does not understand everything...If he took a prayer you did not believe and had no expectation of and made it come true...Or he would be a spiteful god...

Can you give me just one good reason why God would answer a prayer that you did not believe would come true?
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2012 07:33 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
No mate, it is not that at all...If you want something to come true you must believe that it could...Because if you are praying but do not believe it could and are raping that prayer of expectation, Then by God not allowing it to happen is him answering that prayer

Are you suggesting that God is limited to a certain standard? Why couldn't a God do what ever he wanted to do to help people see that he is real? Do you think that he is limited to only what you believe to be true?
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2012 07:34 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:

If he did it would mean he is a God who does not understand everything..

Are you saying if he wanted to do it he would not be God?
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2012 07:37 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Can you give me just one good reason why God would answer a prayer that you did not believe would come true?

No I could not give you any reasons what so ever for a God to answer a prayer.
If you want an answer you may want to ask him. If you think he exist.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2012 07:39 pm
@reasoning logic,
No, but I believe if you want to be able to know or see him, or have him answer a prayer it would be a good idea to believe he could do this...Because if you do not, he would be forcing you to believe him, and there would be no free will...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2012 07:42 pm
@reasoning logic,
No, I am saying he can...But a God who understands everything, would be a God who would show he understands everything, and does not do things just because....And part of being able to do and know everything would mean...If you are asking for a prayer but do not believe it will happen....Then the only way he could answer that and show he understands everything, would be for him to not make it actually happen just to prove he exists to people not looking...

Because it would show he is an evil god or does not care about what we think or feel...but only what he would want
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2012 07:44 pm
@reasoning logic,
I already think I know the answer and do not have to ask him...If you do not believe a prayer could come true, he would have no reason to make it happen unless you prayed it would, and believed it could...

And I did not say I thought God has no reason to answer prayers...I said one that you do not believe could come true, but are praying for it to come true...
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2012 07:54 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Spade I may seem to come across as being a hard ass but I find it to be important for you to understand my point of view. Regardless I still love you as if you were my psychopathic brother and I truly do not mean this in a hateful way.

I find your explanations to be either retarded or psychopathic but regardless I mean no harm to you or others.

Quote:
I believe if you want to be able to know or see him, or have him answer a prayer it would be a good idea to believe he could do this...Because if you do not, he would be forcing you to believe him, and there would be no free will..

Do you think he is forcing me to believe in a brick wall that he created or the grand canyon that he made? If he wants me to know him I will not find it to be disrespectful if he showed me in a way that he may have showed us other marvels but he could direct them at me specifically, "if he wanted to show me personally.
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2012 08:01 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
No, I am saying he can...But a God who understands everything, would be a God who would show he understands everything, and does not do things just because...

Are you the one who makes these decisions for him?

Quote:
..If you are asking for a prayer but do not believe it will happen....Then the only way he could answer that and show he understands everything, would be for him to not make it actually happen just to prove he exists to people not looking...

And this is empirical knowledge that God shared with you?

Do You think that most Theist and Atheist alike would find your statement to be retarded and if not why? Are you afraid to test my premise? I am willing to bet if you and me were to test this together I think that the majority of people would find your comment to be insane.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2012 08:07 pm
@reasoning logic,
I really can't understand why you would think they are psychopathic...Or retarted, because it truly should not seem that way at all...I am not saying crazy things...Nor am I not understanding what you are saying...And if you disagree, that is cool, but it does not equal those things with respect....And I do not understand how you arrive at that conclusion...I do not think the same logical way as you do...But it would be illogical for me to say you are a psychopath or retarted because I do not agree with you, if I can understand what you are saying to me...

Quote:
Do you think he is forcing me to believe in a brick wall that he created or the grand canyon that he made? If he wants me to know him I will not find it to be disrespectful if he showed me in a way that he may have showed us other marvels but he could direct them at me specifically, "if he wanted to show me personally.

Do you think it is a good idea to think he could prove himself to you? If you wanted to be able to see him prove himself to you?

Or do you think it is a better Idea to think it is not possible, and want an all powerful God to prove himself to you? If he did prove himself to you, and you did not believe he could, or ask him to do it...Would you really want to know or see this God at all, if he is not interested in how you actually feel?

But proved himself to you anyways...

When you see those marvels do you believe they are true when you see them?

Or do you think that they are there, and exist because you can see them, but do not believe you can?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2012 08:16 pm
@reasoning logic,
I am not the one who makes the dicisions for him...

Quote:
And this is empirical knowledge that God shared with you?

Yes...

Quote:
Do You think that most Theist and Atheist alike would find your statement to be retarded and if not why?

Maybe I have worded it incorrectly, but the premise is true to me...A God could do anything it wanted to do...But in order to not violate the free will of man...He is not going to prove he exists, Or answer a prayer you do not think or even believe he could answer, because it violates the free will of man...though he could still do it if he truly wanted to do it...

Quote:
Are you afraid to test my premise? I am willing to bet if you and me were to test this together I think that the majority of people would find your comment to be insane.

I am not afraid to test it...I am not interested in what most theists and atheists have to say if they think I am retarted or insane...

I simply do not think like most of them do....And I think I think outside of the box about a lot of different things...In which (in particular) a lot of theists are unwilling to challenge...because they have blind faith...
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2012 08:24 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Do you think it is a good idea to think he could prove himself to you? If you wanted to be able to see him prove himself to you?

Yeah That would be a great idea. If I told you that I had a car that could travel in the past and the future don't you think that it would help you to understand that it was reality if I took you for a drive in it and we were able to drive into the past and into the future?

Quote:
it would be illogical for me to say you are a psychopath or retarted because I do not agree with you, if I can understand what you are saying to me...

I agree with you

Quote:

It would be helpful.

Quote:
If he did prove himself to you, and you did not believe he could, or ask him to do it...Would you really want to know or see this God at all, if he is not interested in how you actually feel?

If he did not care how I feel about him I do not see how it would matter if he was able to prove himself to me.

If a God wanted to prove himself to me it would not be that big of a task for him would it?

Quote:
When you see those marvels do you believe they are true when you see them?

Are you asking me if the grand canyon is reality? if so yes I think it is
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2012 09:36 pm
@reasoning logic,
If you told me you had a car that could do that...Would I have to believe it could, to get in to see if it could? Whether it could or could not? Yes, I would have to believe it could...

Quote:
I agree with you

So then, you also think it is illogical for you to say I am insane or retarted just because you do not agree with my logic? Because you can understand me?

Quote:
It would be helpful.

So if it is helpful, why would a God prove himself, if you do not believe he could? Why would he want to prove himself, if you wanted him too, but do not believe he could?

Would that not make this God evil if he did?

How does that show this God is God?

And how does it show he cares about our thinking? And not just his own?

Quote:
If he did not care how I feel about him I do not see how it would matter if he was able to prove himself to me.

It is not about him not caring...It is about him caring so much that he refuses to prove himself, because people do not want him to do it...Though they say they do....Because if they did, they would want to believe he could, and not ask him to do it...But not want to believe he could even do it...

Quote:
If a God wanted to prove himself to me it would not be that big of a task for him would it?

Probably not a big task at all....But if he did do that...What would be an alternative to life than doing everything that he says to do from that point on? Would you really want him to prove himself to you, if he could?

Quote:
Are you asking me if the grand canyon is reality? if so yes I think it is

No, I am asking you...Do you believe that the Grand Canyon is reality because you believe it is? Or do you believe it is reality because you do not believe it is?

If you can only say it is because you believe it is...Why would you ever believe, that a God exists if you do not believe he could? And why would a God prove himself to you if you do not believe that he could? He would not...Because a true God knows that you do not believe he is real, or could...So he cares more about your own feelings or thoughts than he does about his own ego...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2012 10:02 pm
@reasoning logic,
You do realize that facts and evidence are basically the same exact thing as saying...I believe it is true because I believe it is?

Because facts and evidence (although people think are universally true) are all subjective to each person with how true is it...And what a fact and what is evident actually are...?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2012 10:06 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
If you can only say it is because you believe it is...Why would you ever believe, that a God exists if you do not believe he could?

In other words, why even believe that this is true, if you do not believe this God is? There is no evidence to support he could prove himself if he wanted to, correct? So even believing he could prove himself, if he could...Is believing he is...In a small way
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2012 07:39 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
You do realize that facts and evidence are basically the same exact thing as saying...I believe it is true because I believe it is?

That seems a little silly Spades. If we were to take any amount of believers and non believers from around the world and shave them all bald, would it be a fact to all of them that they have no hair on top of their head or would it be a belief?
Would they all share in this same belief or would they all being experiencing this factual experience in there own subjective way?