Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 09:31 am
@reasoning logic,
I think it would have been funnier if that man missed a step on the platform he was on, and feel into the water...Wink

I don't find pranks like that funny mate....Much like the show Family Guy...Because I do not see the reason why people use religion to get laughs...

It is one thing if it is harmless fun...It is another thing entirely if someone exploits religion to get people to laugh...Because it is offensive to people out there...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 09:33 am
@Frank Apisa,
How are they out mate? Is it because of Seattle?

Cause if the Giants win, and Dallas loses again...Don't the Giants still get in over Dallas?
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 09:54 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
I don't find pranks like that funny mate..

I just like to see the expression on the peoples faces when they see Jesus walking on water.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 09:59 am
@reasoning logic,
Yeah, I understand why people would find it funny...But as a believer, I just think it is crossing the lines a bit...
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 10:10 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5205445)
How are they out mate? Is it because of Seattle?

Cause if the Giants win, and Dallas loses again...Don't the Giants still get in over Dallas?

They are not out absolutely...and I mentioned there are scenarios that will backdoor them into the playoffs. I think that even if Dallas loses again...the Giants need more help in order to be the second wild-card. Not really sure, but it bothers me that they disintegrated again and need a backdoor entry.
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 12:48 pm
@spendius,
The Bible says everything...Mate...

Quote:
Tell us what Acts was saying then. You like puzzles.

It was First Thessalonians...But anyways...

Test everything to the word of God...The Bible...If you are walking in the Spirit, The Holy Spirit will make all things known to you...
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 01:20 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Test everything to the word of God...The Bible.

Does it say anything about testing itself against Logic, science or philosophy?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 01:31 pm
@reasoning logic,
Well, I would look at test everything as in test everything...I did not say that I fully agreed with that interpretation...

That is just the common interpretation I have heard about that passage...

As you well know I see that interpretation and test the Bible as well...

If the goal of the Bible is to become prudent...Why would it hurt to test the Bible with people and the world? And not just embrace blind faith?

And you know I think I walk with the Spirit...And my path was not a common Christian one...
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 01:35 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Look Ryan I think you should know by now that I also find great value in the bible but I also find information that seems sociopathic. It was written by man so I would not expect anything less.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 01:37 pm
@reasoning logic,
What does that have anything to do with what I have just said? I just said I do not interpret that interpretation that way....And test everything myself, including scripture because I do not think people should embrace blind faith...
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 01:38 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
If the goal of the Bible is to become prudent...Why would it hurt to test the Bible with people and the world? And not just embrace blind faith?

We are caught up in some very strong sociological currents and if we were Muslim we may be talking about the Koran and arguing about it's superiority.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 01:38 pm
@reasoning logic,
Please call me Spades and not Ryan mate...
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 01:39 pm
@reasoning logic,
Well, this may be true for you...But I do not believe it is true for me...
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 01:39 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:

And you know I think I walk with the Spirit...And my path was not a common Christian one...

Neither was my path but I still consider myself to be a Christian atheist.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 01:44 pm
@reasoning logic,
So then why the post about look Ryan? Do you not realize we were both basically saying the same thing? That we test the things we do not believe are apart of any living God that may exist just because it is in a book? But true understandings of God would come from being prudent and not just word for word from one book, in which it also says that not everything is in there alone...So it can't possibly be everything to test everything...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 01:53 pm
@reasoning logic,
I did not mean to offend you mate...I just would like people to call me spades...But if you are cool with Ryan it is cool with me....I did not mean it as in I lost respect for you or anything like that...

BTW do you know how to make a signatures come up on posts?
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 01:59 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
So then why the post about look Ryan?
Because I was making a statement.

Quote:
Do you not realize we were both basically saying the same thing?

Are you suggesting that you are testing the bible against Logic, science and philosophy?

Quote:
Well, I would look at test everything as in test everything...I did not say that I fully agreed with that interpretation...

Quote:
But true understandings of God would come from being prudent and not just word for word from one book, in which it also says that not everything is in there alone...So it can't possibly be everything to test everything...

What if you and me are both wrong? lets say that we are both wrong and you think that there is a God and I think both God and the devil are BS but in the end we find out that the devil is behind everything we thought was God or by chance?
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 02:00 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:

BTW do you know how to make a signatures come up on posts?

no
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 02:09 pm
@reasoning logic,
I meant why the post in general? because it was very close to the same thing...

Quote:
Are you suggesting that you are testing the bible against Logic, science and philosophy?

I test the Bible and people and religion with my own religious thinking and what I hear is explained to me...I do not test it to try to survive scrutiny if that is what you mean, because I believe the people who wrote it certainly knew God...

Quote:

Not that I know of...

Quote:
What if you and me are both wrong? lets say that we are both wrong and you think that there is a God and I think both God and the devil are BS but in the end we find out that the devil is behind everything we thought was God or by chance?

If that is the case and what the Bible says the Devil is is God...Then we are all screwed and it would not matter...But if the Devil is God...Then the Bible must be half correct...So it does not make sense that this is even possible...More likely a loving God is God...Or none exists...
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 02:11 pm
@reasoning logic,
I got it, if you go to your account info...you can click show sigs...And even if you do not have one, it shows everyones who does...
0 Replies