Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2011 04:52 pm
@Butrflynet,
also ty...butrfly, this next post may come out screwed up or take along time, because i am going to try to do the quote button....
0 Replies

wayne

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2011 05:08 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
modern day Christianity, at least the way" many" people show it today could in fact be wrong....but that certain principals are correct. like Jesus is the Savior etc...I "feel" I show what Christianity is ALL about so it wouldn't matter what I called myself, point is I HAVE JESUS IN ME and people can "see" it...

I read this to mean, you have developed your own version of christianity,
And you like to brag about yourself.
It's becoming increasingly obvious that this thread is about you're own doubts, and you're attempts to deny them.

Faith cannot exist without doubt.
You go to great lengths to construct elaborate proofs, in order to hide your doubt from yourself.
Or do you think God doesn't see you are naked behind that fig leaf.
"Yes, even you Peter"
Butrflynet

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2011 05:12 pm
@wayne,
Isn't that also what editors of many versions of the bible do?
wayne

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2011 05:24 pm
@Butrflynet,
I think to some degree at least. What they all seem to miss out on is humility and the fact that there is no such thing as perfect faith, in this life.

This guy shows up every so often to set up an opportunity to brag about his faith. Expounding on his proofs, denying his doubt.
It's ridiculous past comedy.
hingehead

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2011 05:32 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
ahhh...but him bringing you into Heaven for several hundred thousand years, IS a MIRACLE isn't it? what else then would be sufficant to believe?

So you're saying the existence of heaven would be a miracle? - I thought it was a christian fact?

My point was that an eternity of anything would be hell. In my opinion. If I could stand several hundred thousand years of existence anywhere then that would be be a fair indicator that it was as close to heaven as I could imagine.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2011 05:37 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
modern day Christianity, at least the way" many" people show it today could in fact be wrong....but that certain principals are correct. like Jesus is the Savior etc...I "feel" I show what Christianity is ALL about so it wouldn't matter what I called myself, point is I HAVE JESUS IN ME and people can "see" it...

If you show what christianity is all about I expect a rise in the number of atheists and other religions. Does it not strike you as enormous hubris to say you have Jesus in you? That you 'know' what ' principles' of christianity are correct is when so many other people have it wrong?

Call me crazy but you sound like the beast talking.

If Jesus is the savior can I assume that everyone who died before he was born has not been saved?
MonaLeeza

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2011 05:50 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

I am curious mostly to Atheists as to if Jesus did come in the second comming and said to you. I am Jesus, what will I have to do to prove to you I am the savior and God in the flesh....

What would you ask Jesus to do for you to prove he is the savior??

As an atheist I find this a ridiculous question because I see the chance of a 'second coming' is about as likely as meeting Thor, Zeus, the Rainbow Serpent or any other mythical being. It's not going to happen. I have never heard one argument on or offline that has convinced me that there is even a possibility that a god might exist and if I met someone who claimed to be Jesus or the Rainbow Serpent I wouldn't waste my time asking for proof. I would just assume he was suffering a mental illness and let him go about his business.
The only way I'm interested in being saved is as compost for my camellias.
hingehead

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2011 06:12 pm
@MonaLeeza,
Your point is reasonable ML, but as a mental exercise I don't think it's without merit. I could have just as much fun imagining what someone claiming to be Doctor Who or Spiderman would have to do convince me.

The problem isn't with the question so much as the questioner, who has no real interest in our answers, his only interest is to attract attention to his imagined godhead. Thank God he is an anomaly compared to most religious folks on this board.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2011 06:15 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
in ANY event who ever said he was going to send you to hell for being gay??
my guess as to asking Jesus why your gay is, because you actually LIKE being gay...(my own opinions here, I don't think you were created that way, but choose that lifestyle)

You said exactly what I expected you to say which tells me you don’t have a clue what you’re talking about. Why did you choose to be straight? You didn't choose to be straight, you just are. That's the same story with gay people. They don't choose to be gay they’re born that way! I personally don’t believe sexuality is chosen. We are who we are!
MonaLeeza

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2011 07:46 pm
@jcboy,
The argument that homosexuality is a choice doesn't make any logical sense. Why would so many men 'choose' to sleep with men if God had made them only attracted to women? And in particular why would they 'choose' to sleep with men (despite their natural attraction to women) in those times and places when being found out would bring about severe persecution and punishment, and even not being found out could bring enormous psychological pain? Apart from our own understanding of being 'who we are' , the argument for homosexuality as a choice just doesn't add up.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2011 07:57 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Have him turn me into an immortal billionaire with a body of a fit and healthy 30 year old that never ages. I won't ask for a fit teenager's body. I'm not that greedy.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2011 08:46 pm
@jcboy,
Exactly. Just like those individuals who keep repeating those antiquated lies chose to live in the dark. That is an unfortunate choice for them to remain ignorant despite what common sense dictates.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2011 10:57 pm
@jcboy,
Quote:
You said exactly what I expected you to say which tells me you don’t have a clue what you’re talking about. Why did you choose to be straight? You didn't choose to be straight, you just are. That's the same story with gay people. They don't choose to be gay they’re born that way! I personally don’t believe sexuality is chosen. We are who we are!

again I know of people who claimed to be gay but now know there not...so what then does this mean to you then? if sexuality is NOT a pro choice?? Also, I have "chosen" to be straight because I don't "feel" attracted to other men...the SAME way you choose to be with other men and NOT be with Women....but on the basis of life springing attomatly do you think humans will survive if men partner with other men? or women with other women?
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2011 11:03 pm
@MonaLeeza,
so then is it fair to say that if I fantasize about you in my head, to feel gratification...I am being who I am? or am I in the wrong there?? and do you think your right to "feel" offended? if you think about it there is no difference they are "both" pro choices....people can try to delute the fact they are bad bloody sinners all they want (and I am One myself) but its all the same in the end, except, difference is people who are true to Jesus (if he exists) accept they are blind, naked, misserable, reached, poor....as WE ALL ARE...
hingehead

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2011 11:11 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I think you should tell us why your A2K handle is XXSpadeMasterXX.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2011 11:16 pm
@hingehead,
or an EVEN better one, why does your image looks like a thumb with eyes??? Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green
Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2011 11:17 pm
@MonaLeeza,
MonaLeeza wrote:
I see the chance of a 'second coming' is about as likely as meeting Thor, Zeus, the Rainbow Serpent or any other mythical being. It's not going to happen.

Oh, I agree with that totally. But that's no reason not to discuss the hyptheticals. After all, we've had threads on such subjects as who'd win in a fight between, say, Spiderman and Captain America. All good, clean, intellectually stimulating fun.
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2011 11:26 pm
@wayne,
Quote:
I read this to mean, you have developed your own version of christianity,

No I have not, I "feel" I follow what Jesus means more than some who twist his words or are severe hypocrites to scripture and don't even know it...so I guess you can say they kinda don't even know Jesus...

Quote:
And you like to brag about yourself.

these are your opinions...matter of fact I am a VERY humble person...

Quote:
It's becoming increasingly obvious that this thread is about you're own doubts, and you're attempts to deny them.

again your OWN opinions, the doubts I do have...are about things that are probably complete opposites as you have expressed...

Quote:
Faith cannot exist without doubt.
You go to great lengths to construct elaborate proofs, in order to hide your doubt from yourself.
Or do you think God doesn't see you are naked behind that fig leaf.
"Yes, even you Peter"

"show me" where this is present because this is NOT how I "feel" so either your perception is wrong...or my reply's are written wrong....
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2011 11:43 pm
@hingehead,
Quote:
If you show what christianity is all about I expect a rise in the number of atheists and other religions. Does it not strike you as enormous hubris to say you have Jesus in you? That you 'know' what ' principles' of christianity are correct is when so many other people have it wrong?

Call me crazy but you sound like the beast talking.

If Jesus is the savior can I assume that everyone who died before he was born has not been saved?

if you ever read the Bible, there in fact WILL be a rise in Atheists till the end of earth and the reign of the beast is here...I think its clear to see "anyone" who has Jesus in then appossed to ones who "claim" they know him or have his spirit in them...but by the grace of God we can 'all" be saved...

what in me sounds like the beast talking??

you should never assume, they too were saved, because they had faith in the Father, the same one and ONLY God, but they probably acknowledged Jesus before "they" were risen into Heaven...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2011 11:51 pm
@wayne,
Quote:
I think to some degree at least. What they all seem to miss out on is humility and the fact that there is no such thing as perfect faith, in this life.

Is it then fair for me to say, there is no such thing as life off of "evidence" or proof only?

Quote:
This guy shows up every so often to set up an opportunity to brag about his faith. Expounding on his proofs, denying his doubt.
It's ridiculous past comedy.

AGAIN your opinions, in which case your perceptions on me are WRONG!
0 Replies