reasoning logic

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2012 04:48 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
You are probably correct in what you are saying. Smile
FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2012 04:56 pm
@reasoning logic,
Good evening RL Smile

Whilst most can't cope with life either, very well. MOST of the most famous singers of today and yesterday, had such a disturbing up-bringing and consequently the need to feel "special" and consequently, the desire to succeed and not stop until they did...

I see no different with those that had to fight to survive... in this situation, the desire to win would be inevitable I think.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2012 05:02 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
Good evening RL

Good evening FS How have you been? I also wonder how Ryan has been doing, I hope he is well.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2012 05:08 pm
@reasoning logic,
Morning for me, was hoping I got it right for you lols.

I've been quite good. We are finally heading for Spring a week or so and we should be full on into it.. I've been more in a creative mood than work mood, so I've been creating advertising for my business. I realised working, working, working, isn't as much fun Wink

Can plan some catch up dinners now with friends - Aussie style? BBQ's maybe Smile

You?

People come and go but I am hoping that Ryan is ok.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2012 05:15 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
You?

I have been having the time of my life with my wife and my son. Well the wife got sick on the first glass bottom boat ride so she missed out on the seadoos and the dolphin adventure along with snorkling. but things are going good other than that on our vacation. Tomorrow is our last night. Sad
FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2012 05:19 pm
@reasoning logic,
SOOOOOOOOOOO Jealous, I need a holiday.

Good for you.. There is nothing like it is there, togetherness, not worrying about anything and breathing in what ever surrounds you.

Sorry it's your last night, tomorrow ;( I am sure you will make the best of it.
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2012 06:04 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
I need a holiday

I hope that you see one soon.
I had one last month but it was a working vacation, installing a sprinkler system in my yard. I need to stop having working vacations because they are no fun.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2012 06:08 pm
@reasoning logic,
lols.

Being an Agent & Property Manager, means really, I only get 2 weeks off a Christmas. You are always on call as a PM, something always is going on, maintenance, break leases etc. And, sales, well you can't go pfttttttt don't feel like opening this weekend.....

Having said that, I can start when I want, finish when I want, never work evenings, take time off during the day, work around my own hours basically, so that's got to be better than the 17+ years i spent in the hospitality industry Wink
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2012 05:43 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
Being an Agent & Property Manager, means really, I only get 2 weeks off a Christmas. You are always on call as a PM, something always is going on, maintenance, break leases etc. And, sales, well you can't go pfttttttt don't feel like opening this weekend.....

Having said that, I can start when I want, finish when I want, never work evenings, take time off during the day, work around my own hours basically, so that's got to be better than the 17+ years i spent in the hospitality industry

You seem to have a good job in my opinion. I have been looking for something different that I could invest into but I have not found the right thing as of yet.

What I am looking for is something to invest into that I can do myself as a job.

My job is pretty easy but the pay is mediocre for the hours I am away from the house. It seems that property management could be something that a person could do from home to some degree but maybe I have it wrong. I do realize that you may have to show some of the property and meet with people for other reasons but I really do not know anything about it.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2012 03:01 am
@reasoning logic,
When I started, I was a salesperson.. I honestly viewed Property Management wrong.

There is so much to it and I do not know if it varies from Country to Country but in short....

Here. You have to have a license "Business Diploma" or someone has to manage the Trust Account.

Each new listing "here" is worth at least $500 up to $900 to advertise and let out, then a monthly fee of $80 - $100 pending price of the rental..

So, with 40 properties as an example, you will achieve $3500 - $4000 a month.

Then on top there is re-let fees, new lease fees as per $500 - $900 and if you have a sales license as well, obviously commission, so $5000 - $8000 ..

In addition here, you can sell your rent roll. So 40 properties ie) would sell for 2.4% of the turnover per year so for instance $100 is $1200 a month, x 2.4 x the amount of properties .. Good superannuation.

I love doing both and I am on a mission now Smile

You do have to handle maintance problems, tenants complaints, landlords requirements, have a system set up for legislation.. do quarterly inspections, know which is the "right tenant to put in and the wrong" etc, etc. It's not easy but it's not hard if you have smarts and for 40 properties as an example it's probably 15hrs a week work.

Food for thought? Smile

I can PM you my company if you want to look at it, I add "accessories makeovers" for free and other stuff... ensuring that the picture tells the story, pends on how far you want to take it.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2012 03:08 am
@reasoning logic,
What's the old adage? 'Find a gap in the market and fill it.'

Give this a lot of thought, if I had a property I wanted renting out I wouldn't choose someone who knew nothing about it.

Similarly a lot of restaurants close down early on because people automatically think it's a doddle, and it's not.

What are you good at? Can you branch out in whatever it is you're doing now?
FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2012 03:19 am
@izzythepush,
Reading a book Smile Got passed onto me.

Good point Izzy.... and post.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2012 03:38 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Thank you, try not to have nightmares.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2012 08:56 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
What are you good at? Can you branch out in whatever it is you're doing now?

FS has admitted to 17+ years in the hospitality industry. (Adding a smirk emo.) So we know one thing she was good at. Smiling through clenched teeth.

If you watch sporting presentations you will see what the qualifications are in the hospitality industry. Well-- not exactly see them but they are easy enough to figure out. From the evidence of FS's photograph she looks not much more than 35 so she must have been a young lady during those years.

I have had many dealings with property management methods and I would say that the hospitality industry is more honest.
spendius

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2012 09:01 am
@spendius,
Come on FS--tell us about your years in the hospitality industry.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2012 03:54 pm
@spendius,

If you are watching sports presentations focus Spendi, not on the 18 something waitresses that have to grit their teeth on occassions..... But, don't you believe Customer Service is a good start for a teenager to learn? I do....

Actually, I started as a filest clerk, ewe, boring.... Hospitality is full of communication, laughter, service, and off course running of the business and all that goes with it, including Marketing...

I stepped out of it, for a while and had a business publicationwith exhibitions and seminars, then a promotional company with advertising on whiteboards and then Private Investigations which was 'really interesting' and off course now Real Estate, so 35 is way too young for me and I happy to be Elle McPherson's age.

Can you add the years up now Spendi? Smile

And, you may note, I'm just a work a holic, Property Management helps pay my bills, maybe if I am lucky one day, pay off my debts.. Selling is what I do best and what I am passionate about where work is concerned. Hospitality, was long hours, late nights, too much partying after but a whole lot of fun, then.....
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2012 03:57 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
When spendius quoted

Quote:
FS has admitted to 17+ years in the hospitality industry. (Adding a smirk emo.) So we know one thing she was good at. Smiling through clenched teeth.

I think he may have been hoping that you would go into detail about stripping or something but surly I could be wrong. Wink
FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2012 04:06 pm
@reasoning logic,
Oh RL,

That is why I told him to stop perving at the teenagers pouring drinks whilst watching TV....

But, just in-case he was insinuating that you don't need brains to be in that Industry? Couldn't help myself, but to provide him with a little more background to work with.

Funningly enough however, when I worked in Private Investigations, not as a PI rather running the debt collection section, I did dabble a little, I was going to get my liscence, I went out on a few jobs with some PI's and on one occasion, I hat to try to work out how to get the household person to open the front door so we could try to see if this guy was inside, who was faking work cover and I did, I knocked, asked for "John" which was not his name, and let her presume I was a Prostitute and had the wrong house Wink

Is that the sort of stories you wanted to hear Spendi?
spendius

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2012 05:22 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Nah--that's run of the mill boring imo.

How did you get started in the HI? Let's go from there. Were you head hunted at 18?
FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2012 05:35 pm
@spendius,
lols. Well I was a stripper for a while then, is that better?

I really wanted to be a reporter to be honest. The "filest clerk" thing just erked me, wasn't me.. Boring and I was a bubbly person, hope, still am. No I wasn't head-hunted. After I left the clerk job well actually I was fired, I became a Nanny to two little girls..

Realising that's not for me either, I applied for a waitress position in a large corporation and got it. I became Assistant Manager at 24 and it went from there.

I used to sing weddings and Mothers Day, etc as well and promoted theme nights, such as Gangsters and Moles for the regulars with cocktails and finger food. Kind of loved doing all of that and even the bookwork, but it was the marketing I think I liked the most and people.

Without that, I wouldn't be able to do what I do today, as it's a mixture of advertising, marketing, sales and customer service.

That is why I stated that I think it's the best industry for kids to start off in.

The owner recently died. I guess he was my mentor, he was only 63, cancer..

I recall him saying to me "you are just like me, from the gutter".. I left home at 16 and had to find my way in life but never studied, just went with the gut with everything..

So, I think this calls for you "wise one" to spill something about your career...