Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 8 Jul, 2012 08:52 am
@reasoning logic,
Thanks for the video mate, was interesting...Now I can see exactly how it works, too!

Our eyes see things upside down, also, don't they? And our brain flips it back up?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 8 Jul, 2012 09:03 am
@reasoning logic,
Logic, I am watching this show...You have to check it out...It is called American Ninja Warrior...It originated in Japan....And only 3 guys have ever beaten the last course...They are doing Crazy ass Obstacle courses...And you are timed, and they take a certain amount for the final....To see who is the best...Whoever has the best time on the last course, in Vegas...It is called Mt. Modoriama...wins 500,000$
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 8 Jul, 2012 09:06 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Our eyes see things upside down, also, don't they? And our brain flips it back up?

The brain is amazing isn't it. Have you seen this one? It is true "you can make this lady spin in any direction if you try. Smile

http://theness.com/neurologicablog/index.php/left-brain-right-brain-and-the-spinning-girl/
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 8 Jul, 2012 09:09 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
It is called Mt. Modoriama...wins 500,000$

I have not seen that one, I will have to check it out but it is time for me to go back to working on those sprinklers. I will be back in a little because I love taking a lot of breaks in between. Wink
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 8 Jul, 2012 09:24 am
Here is one just describing someone training....It is pretty gut wrenching when the African American guys falls though...So just look away if you do not want to see it...

0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 8 Jul, 2012 09:24 am
@reasoning logic,
OK mate...

Here is one for later mate....Where you can see some of the stuff they do...And you can see one of the Japanese men, who have actually done the course...You can see how extremely difficult it is...But I can not find one with the whole course on it...This should give you an idea

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 8 Jul, 2012 10:09 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Those were some tough videos, it kinda brings back memories when I use to do flips and so forth " it was amazing that I never got hurt badly" I have not done anything as hard as what those men were doing but I was better than the average person gymnastically at one time. I could really pull off some amazing things on a low diving board as well but I was not very good on the high dive I guess, being I was not exposed to one often.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 8 Jul, 2012 04:07 pm
@izzythepush,
See (no punt intended Smile ) That's just too busy for me. If I am going to walk along a beach, I just want to see the sand and surf, not a whole lot of ugliness in front of me by way of landings, constructions although the boats are nice.

The best beach I ever had the pleasure of being on was in Bali, I'll try to locate a picture..

I felt like I was in one of those Pirate movies as sunset fell, all the boats with lanterns went out to sea to catch the seafood, whilst the beach was decked with 30 odd restaurants with tables and chairs and candles (on the beach) it was amazing sight to see.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 8 Jul, 2012 04:25 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=jimbaran+bali&qpvt=jimbaran+bali&FORM=IGRE#x0y2394

Can't save the pictures haha... Only know how to do this in PhotoBucket...But there are some photos of the boats and restaurants on the beach...

Need a holiday now, looking at those ......................
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 8 Jul, 2012 04:36 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
That does look like a place I would like to visit.

Quote:

Can't save the pictures haha... Only know how to do this in PhotoBucket

Don't feel alone because I have not learned the different ways to copy and paste pictures but I hear you can show any photos online if you know how. I think Izzy may know, "Maybe he or someone else would be kind enough to tell us how it is done. Idea Idea Idea Idea
spendius

Reply Sun 8 Jul, 2012 04:58 pm
Will someone kindly wake me up, gently of course, when this escapist, hagiographic nonsense ceases.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 8 Jul, 2012 05:55 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
Will someone kindly wake me up, gently of course, when this escapist, hagiographic nonsense ceases.

Wake up spendius the pub is closing, "last call was two hours ago.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 8 Jul, 2012 10:21 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Don't feel alone because I have not learned the different ways to copy and paste pictures but I hear you can show any photos online if you know how.

You type [img]......[/img} in there like youtube...and it should work
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 8 Jul, 2012 10:36 pm
@reasoning logic,
After 3 hrs of competition...The first 50 or so...Only ten made it past the first part...You have to do one of 4 sections in 2 :30 minutes time...Or you fail, and if you fall into the water, you fail...10 guys made it to the second part...50 more to go tomorrow....On 3 hrs....Channel G4...9 Pm> eastern
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2012 02:44 am
@reasoning logic,
Go on google images. Click on the pic you want, then click on full size image, on the right hand side of the screen. This isn't always possible, sometimes you go straight to the website, or get a message about the image being copyrighted. If that happens choose another image.

If you can get to full size image, it's just like posting a link or a youtube video, but instead of [url]http[/url] or [youtube]http[/youtube] it's [img]http[/img].
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2012 12:39 pm
@reasoning logic,
So, what other moral teachings by Jesus...(other men) do you not like?
spendius

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2012 01:04 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
That sacrificing human beings bring the tribe good luck and the more they are tortured the more good luck.

That killing and eating prisoners enables warriors to turn them into **** and digest their strength and ferocity.

That is is the finest etiquette to offer a wife to a visitor.

That a suitor of a Chief's daughter has to prove himself worthy by hanging all night off two hooks through his nipples.

That torturing people is not a perversion of human intelligence.

That aborting an unborn baby is all for the best for the little mite.

That a jockey who loses a race he should have won should be shot.

That a woman should be immolated on her husband's funeral pyre to discourage her from poisoning him.
spendius

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2012 01:06 pm
@spendius,
If you want some more Spade read Herodotus. Or Rider Haggard's African tales.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2012 01:45 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I have read what most people would consider a "very great deal" about the antics of humankind. Not enough for my liking.

It seems to me after allowing all I had learned to marinade, and it's not ready yet, that Christianity is a scheme for us men to get our end away with the least possible inconvenience given all the circumstances. The perfect Christian wife being as close to perfection as it is possible to get.

I will not attempt to describe her having taken a leaf out of Laurence Sterne's book. We each have our own foibles regarding such an important matter. In Uncle Toby's position Widow Wadman would suffice for me. Assuming she could remember how many sugars I take in my tea.

Of course, it is incumbent upon us men to provide such a deserving lady with the means to satisfy her instinctive urges, and your guess is as good as mine about them, with the least possible inconvenience given all the circumstances.

Keeping in mind at all times Bill Greenwell's justly famous line "The last rasping gasp of the mantis's groom." The mantis having a place on Darwin's Tree of Life. Scientifically I mean.

It is our failings which are the circumstances causing us to fail to reach such an idyllic state of being and not Christianity and the irreligious are projecting their failings onto Christianity to avoid the finger being pointed at them.

That's obvious. They attack an institution which has very little influence left for the failings of the institutions that do have influence. It's like machine-gunning the bodies in the trench which are riddled with bullets from the advance corps. And they are causing more failings and thus getting more and more vociferous with their projections.

0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2012 04:22 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
So, what other moral teachings by Jesus...(other men) do you not like?

I guess what you are referring to when you say "other men" is when I said that "I think that the immoral scriptures that were suppose to be Jesus. were instead by men who were immoral? ...If not please explain.

Most of what Jesus said was extremely good moral philosophy and many of the miracles may have been moral philosophy as well but man distorted them into signs that people seek after.

What is the greater miracle???
Making a blind man see physical things or making him see a better way to live? What would be better healing a person who is physically crippled or healing them in a way that would enable them to walk though life's challenges without stumbling over their own ignorance? what would be better, to heal someone who can not hear sound or to heal them of their inability to hear wisdom when it is spoken to them?