Turkey, Greece April 2012

Mame

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2011 03:26 pm
So I'm thinking of taking Alex to Athens and Turkey for a month next year. I've been to Greece a couple of times (5 weeks each time), but never to Turkey. From what I've found, it's best to get a Turkish tour or travel outfit to arrange things for you as some hotels, etc are unreliable and they often get you a discount (not that is a big deal). Has anyone ever been to Turkey or used a travel agent to help you arrange getting around and what not?

I'd like to fly in and out of Athens and do approx. 2 weeks in Turkey. I don't mind ferrying from Piraeus to Samos or another island, overnighting it and then going on to Ephesus or wherever... but would be it better to fly from Athens to Istanbul?

What places did you like best, what would you recommend, etc. We both love history and not running around in a panic. He also likes to sleep in (at least 10:00 a.m.) and I'm an early bird so I'd like a place where I can walk out for coffee or breakfast.

Should we take a car or rely on buses or some other form of transportation?

Any and all advice appreciated!

Merci beaucoup.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,644 • Replies: 0
No top replies