West Memphis 3 Are Going To Be Freed!

firefly

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2011 06:55 pm
@JTT,
Quote:

No, there are other issues that are much more important than flogging a dead horse, FF.

It's a little harsh of you to characterize BillRM as being "a dead horse", although he does, admittedly, lack horse sense, indicating some demise, at least of grey matter.. Laughing

The flogging is consensual, he asks fot it--in fact, he begs for it.
JTT

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2011 06:59 pm
@firefly,
Actually, this time Bill was not my focus, FF.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2011 08:28 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
It's a little harsh of you to characterize BillRM as being "a dead horse", although he does, admittedly, lack horse sense, indicating some demise, at least of grey matter..

This from the woman who gotten taken in by a third world con woman.
firefly

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2011 09:06 pm
@BillRM,
Why don't you go play with your cats--that won't overtax your capacity for meaningful thought. Laughing
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2011 09:32 pm
There seems to be some confusion about whether the West Memphis 3 can profit from their story.
Quote:
Can the WM3 Profit From Their Story?
Monday, 22 Aug 2011
Scott Madaus

Memphis, Tn - Damien Echols' Attorney Patrick Benca tells Fox13 news that the recently freed West Memphis 3 are now free to make money by way of book and movie deals.

"There was no stipulation that they couldn't profit off their stories," said Benca.

But, Memphis area attorney Karen Nichol says according to state of Arkansas law, that might be easier said than done, "Any money made off of a crime would get paid into this fund, the question is that law covers people who made guilty pleas."

The fund Nichol is referring to is a state appointed account that goes to finance assistance programs or the even the victims themselves.

But, the 3 made Alford Pleas, which allowed them to plead guilty while maintaining their innocence.

"I'm wondering if their lawyers are thinking that because of the Alford Plea they get out of that statute," reflected Nichol.

If the West Memphis 3 can profit from book and movie deals, the question then becomes can the victim's families then take the group to civil court?

"The Victim's Rights Law does encompass a 5 year statute of limitations time period where they (the victims' families) could get compensation from the plea," said Nichol

The problem with this particular case is that there are two pleas.

Nichol isn't quite sure, "The original plea was back 18 years ago, but now we have a subsequent plea, and whether that 5 years will run from their current plea, or they'll look back at the original plea we'll have to see."
http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpp/news/arkansas/can-the-wm3-profit-from-their-story-rpt-20110822

The legal issues with this case may never end...
trying2learn

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2011 01:12 am
@Arella Mae,
I found out about this case because of you. Am I going to read back page after page, NO!!! I was happy to hear the news and I can only hope for the families sake, the truth comes to light.
BillRM

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2011 06:14 am
@trying2learn,
Be careful as they, AM and Firefly, had attacked posters on this thread for not knowing all the details and following the case for years before posting.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2011 07:18 am
@trying2learn,
trying2learn wrote:

I found out about this case because of you. Am I going to read back page after page, NO!!! I was happy to hear the news and I can only hope for the families sake, the truth comes to light.

It is so nice to have someone not try to fake their way through this case! I am glad you are happy for them. Thank you for posting that.
BillRM

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2011 08:32 am
@Arella Mae,
Just remember trying2learn only posts that you are overjoy that those men got to walk free and never suggest that there might be real questions if they are indeed innocent of killings the three young boys.

AM and Firefly know far more then the 24 men and women on two juries that found them guilty beyond a reasonable doubt in the first place.

If you have any question just watch, the to date three films, showing that they are innocent and do not think that the fact that the film company is making a mint out of that story line might be coloring how they do the filming.
Arella Mae

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2011 08:57 am
@BillRM,
You act as if firefly and I have only watched TWO films and made our decision. IF you had bothered to read the very first post I ever made on this case I HAD NO IDEA WHAT TO THINK. It was after FOUR years of research reading, searching, etc., that I came to firmly believe these three young men did not commit this crime.

You, on the other hand, have made your decision on what? You made your decision based on the fact firefly and I think they are innocent! You are the height of hypocrisy. Spewing your advocacy for the unjustly accused and imprisoned and yet, in this case, a case HUNDREDS of people, including most of the family members of the murdered children have come to the conclusion these three boys DID NOT commit this crime. You have not taken the time to research this and make a truly informed decision even though we tried to help you with the facts.

The next time you post anything about how the juries on cases were wrong in any case, trust me, I WILL REMIND YOU OF YOUR HYPOCRISY in defending these two juries.

Let me put this as plainly as I can, bill. I don't like you. I tried to like you. I tried to believe there was good in you. I have found none.

You make other non-believers look bad. You taunt, insult, berate, etc., until I get upset and say something I should not. Once I do that, you do not hesitate for a second to throw my Christianity in my face. What kind of a person does that make you? What kind of a person INTENTIONALLY does that?

There are lots of non-believers on A2K and 99.9% of them are decent civil people that do not sink to the levels that you do.

You are the biggest hypocrite I have ever run across. You lie and then swear it's the truth when you are shown over and over again it is not.

You are no better than some bully on a playground. It's not just me and firefly you do this to so don't be thinking I am "poor me'ing".
BillRM

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2011 09:32 am
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
You make other non-believers look bad. You taunt, insult, berate, etc., until I get upset and say something I should not. Once I do that, you do not hesitate for a second to throw my Christianity in my face. What kind of a person does that make you? What kind of a person INTENTIONALLY does that?

Sorry as far as religion fairy tales are concerns any one who bring such to the public table is opening themselves to being question.

For centuries on end the bullies was the religion people who would kill and or torture anyone who believes was not 100 percent in line with whoever was in the local faith leadership at the time.

Nuts had ran planes full of people into buildings killing thousands with their last words being god in great.

Words of logic concerning such silly and proven dangerous believes system on your computer monitor is hardly bullying.
Arella Mae

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2011 09:45 am
@BillRM,
So what do you propose to do with us believers? Lock us up? Exterminate us? You want to berate me for what people in the past did? People I don't even know? You want to judge me for what people in the past did? Since you are an unbeliever should I judge you like every unbeliever in the past? I have news for you. Not ALL monsters from the past claimed to be Christian.

You feel so superior that YOU can demean someone else all the while claiming it is believers that feel superior? I have never one time tried to throw you into hell, said I wanted to kill you, etc., etc. I can't even fly an airplane. I have never in my entire life killed or tortured anyone who was not 100% in line with my beliefs.

I see, since they are words of (your) logic then surely they are not harmful?

You are such a hypocrite. You want tolerance for all of your beliefs and your actions but IF SOMEONE ELSE DOESN'T LINE UP WITH YOUR BELIEFS then you are perfectly justified in your behavior towards them? Ooops! Sounds like you are doing what you accuse me of and I am not even doing it.

How's that for logic?
BillRM

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2011 10:09 am
@Arella Mae,
Here AM is a personal example of real bullying by a man of god if not as bad as flying planes into buildings.

My grandfather on my father side was a Minster and his idea of serving god was to have his wife and him going to my mother parents home and informing them that they did not wish their son to continue dating my mother as they did not have the require social standing!

Now my mother was brighter then my dad earning top honors in high school to the point she was offer a complete scholarship.

Her father earned his living in the same manner that Jesus and his father is claimed to had done by being a master carpenter and in fact very likely had an income greater that of my Dad Minster father.

Let see my mother father also did not drink or smoke and all in all was an outstanding member of society beside being a second father to me.

The man of god behaviors just got worst over the years to the point that my Dad needed to break off all contact with his own parents in order to protect his wife and son.

Footnote no this is not the major reason I had rejected religion as my parents did a wonderful job of shielding me from this nonsense and I did not get the full story until early adulthood long after coming to the logical conclusion the Christian god was a fairy tale.
Arella Mae

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2011 10:11 am
@firefly,
There are some videos of the hearing from last Friday here:
http://www.wm3.org/
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2011 10:12 am
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
So what do you propose to do with us believers? Lock us up? Exterminate us?

No just limit your power in society to do harm to others and allow people who is just giving lip serve to having a religion belief to be comfortable with not doing so.
Arella Mae

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2011 10:13 am
@BillRM,
THAT HAS NOT ONE THING TO DO WITH HOW YOU TREAT ME AND OTHERS!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2011 10:15 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
So what do you propose to do with us believers? Lock us up? Exterminate us?

No just limit your power in society to do harm to others and allow people who is just giving lip serve to having a religion belief to be comfortable with not doing so.

How do you propose to do that? What harm have I done in society? And who gets to decide who is giving lip service? A non-believer?
BillRM

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2011 10:40 am
@Arella Mae,
The harm you are doing is by supporting a believe system that had a few thousands years track record of doing great harm to individuals and society as a whole.

Limit your power by fighting to the max such efforts as to block the teaching of real science in the public schools and or the teaching of religion nonsense as a science, challenge the rewriting of history and false claims such that the US was founded on "Christian principles" as a Christian nation or that there exist any prove outside of the bible that such a man as Jesus had any real existed. On and on we go................

Help bring the people who are only given lip service to religion out of the closet by encouraging people who are non believers to be very open in their non believes.
Arella Mae

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2011 10:41 am
@firefly,
I am at lunch and watching the hearing of the WM3 with tears streaming down my face. I am so happy for them. Each one said I am innocent but it is in my best interest to take this plea. Can you imagine how all the people that have been working on this for the past 18 years feel? What an accomplishment to be part of saving three innocent men from wrongful punishment. It must give us all hope that things can work out!

Oh that poor man! Terry Hobbs interrupted the hearing. How awful for him. I sure hope someday he can find peace.
BillRM

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2011 10:47 am
@Arella Mae,
Terry Hobbs one of the parents of the murder children?

It too late to give him peace if that is the case.

Must be very interesting seeing a party of happiness over the released of three men convicted of killing his child.