Whats One Thing You Hated About School?

GracieGirl

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2011 05:45 pm
@Sturgis,
Awesome! But I have to be honest....

Here goes.............

I was being sarcastic. Or trying anyway.

HaHa! But you can take it as a compliment if you want. Very Happy Laughing Laughing Very Happy Mr. Green

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2011 05:57 pm
@GracieGirl,
I will be the dumper here. That may be my role.

I get it that you are smart, and we do, including me, like you a lot, Gracie, but you flub up while being enthusiastic.

You were way off on history re Republic and Oligarchy and republicans and democrats (political parties with histories) and came out with some startling enthusiasm based on misconception.

You were way out re religion, whether or not you choose wisely for you in time to come for religion or not.

You seem to like everyone who pays attention to you. Relax on that. (Including on me if you are irritated.) The attentive are not always the smartest, and you have put yourself out there as needing attention (that is not a complaint, just saying).

You seem bored almost all the time including looking at threads others post. This will wear thin, we will get tired of answering all your questions to make you happy. If you want to know stuff from online, you will need to learn to search and read and not wait for others to just answer for you. The cuteness will wane.

The good news is that if you engage on reading, we'll engage back in a normal way, which would be a good thing for you and us.

Is your father reading this?
Thomas

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2011 06:06 pm
@GracieGirl,
Words and rules are best learned by immersion in the language. When I was around your age, my parents started sending me to France, and later to America, to spend time in French and American families. Hearing a language used makes it much easier to learn intuitively than when by cramming vocabulary and grammar books.
GracieGirl

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2011 06:25 pm
@ossobuco,
Okay, Thanks ossobuco but,

I was just saying what I remember about the video we watched in class. I have it early in the morning and I was kinda tired so I could have got confused a little but I think most of what I said was right. The video was called 'overview of America and its at JPS.org (our teacher has a link on our eBoards). You should be able to watch it on youtube too. I wasnt trying to say things wrong about political stuff, its just what I was taught. Embarrassed

Yea, I suck at religion. Im still trying to learn some stuff about that.

I guess I do say stupid things sometimes. I just type whatever comes in my head or whatever I'm thinking.

I like people because they're nice to me. Not becasue they give me attention. I dont want attention, well maybe a little, but I mostly just like talking to people here. I cant really talk to them about their threads because most people talk about serious stuff or stuff i dont know about. So, I just ask my own questions. But I answer other peoples questions too, sometimes.

But, yea, I'll try to engage and hold back on the enthusiasm. Wink

Im not always bored. I like it here, I like talking to people here. But I guess the asking a ton of questions will get old too.

This is a looong post. Haha! But Im not trying to be annoying, or insult people because I say weird or wrong stuff or ask lots of questions. Sorry guys! Embarrassed And I like you too ossobuco! Very Happy

I'll shut up now. LOL And no, my dad knows I have an a2k account, but he doesnt have my password or anything so he doesnt really check stuff. He's barely home on weekdays anyways. He asked me why Im on this website about a month ago and I just told him I was asking stuff about school, or girl stuff, or if other people's mom's had left. Which was true at the time. After that he never asked again. I dont think he cares really.

GracieGirl

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2011 06:26 pm
@Thomas,
Yea! I bet if I moved to Spain, I'd know Spanish like the back of my hand!
ossobuco

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2011 06:39 pm
@GracieGirl,
I doubt you were taught that our republic is best represented with republicans.

As a thirteen year old girl, do NOT like people because they are nice to you. Some of those will be good people and some not.
This is a huge learning experience. The good news is that most persons are basically good.

These are tricky years, as you need to get into discerning re how to make choices.
At the same time, people are yelling about choices.

So - among the classes I wish I took before university, was Logic. I wish I had that in elementary school.

ossobuco

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2011 06:43 pm
@GracieGirl,
I would like your dad to have an overview.
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2011 06:50 pm
@ossobuco,
I know that there are Republicans and Democrats. My dad's a democrat. The video said that USA was meant to be a rebublic though. Thats what the founding fathers wanted. We're both democrat and republic now though right?

Okay, I hear what your saying and I get it. I'll try to remember all that. Smile

Why do you want my dad to 'overview' it. Whats he have to do with anything?
ossobuco

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2011 07:00 pm
@GracieGirl,
These are wholly different. The u.s. as a republic is not about the parties that formed and changed. You are not getting it at all, but rest about all that, you've time enough to get interested.

My comment re your dad had to to with watching out for you. I want him watching.
Your particular dad - I might differ with some other dad. I assume already that he lets you speak freely, and has fostered such a ballsy child (laughs). But I would like him to attend in an overall sort of way.

GracieGirl

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2011 07:28 pm
@ossobuco,
Haha! Okay!

And you assume right! Mr. Green I dont want him to read my a2k stuff though. he read my Twitter account and made me delete it. Besides, he's always working or with his friends. I dont think he thinks my a2k account stuff is worth reading. Atleast I hope so.
roger

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2011 08:02 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Texas is part of the Union now, David. So is New Mexico, fyi.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2011 08:08 pm
@GracieGirl,
Too bad you don't want him to see what you post. Tell him I want to talk with him.
GracieGirl

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2011 08:17 pm
@ossobuco,
Why? What are you gonna say? Are you gonna get me in trouble?
ossobuco

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2011 08:22 pm
@GracieGirl,
No, not at all. Are you kidding?
Thomas

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2011 08:26 pm
@GracieGirl,
GracieGirl wrote:
Why? What are you gonna say? Are you gonna get me in trouble?

I think Ossobuco wants to protect you from yourself. And from the comments I read in other threads of yours, she's not the only one. But since the only way from those commenters to your parents is through you, it's up to you if you let them.
GracieGirl

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2011 08:28 pm
@Thomas,
Fine.
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2011 08:29 pm
@ossobuco,
Okay, fine. How do you want to talk to him? You want his email? You want him to get on my account? I dont want him on my account though. Sad
roger

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2011 08:37 pm
I'm guessing the warnings are getting kind of tiresome. It's either sunk in, or isn't going to, and I don't see a thing wrong with having a place where you can talk about texting in class, or whatever the most recent issue happens to be.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2011 08:38 pm
@Thomas,
That's true. Gracie has every right to post by herself and for herself, age wise.
So I may even disagree with myself re overview.

On the other hand, Gracie is strongly likeable to almost anyone at all, ready to agree cheerfully about all sorts of stuff, and I'd like to see parental overview, if the parent is a regular sane person, which it sounds like her father is, a not too worried guy who has raised a ballsy daughter. I don't mean constant monitoring, but overview.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2011 08:39 pm
@GracieGirl,
GracieGirl wrote:
Okay, fine. How do you want to talk to him? You want his email? You want him to get on my account? I dont want him on my account though. Sad

If you don't want him reading the posts from your account, the only safe way to prevent it is to not give out his contact info. Indeed, come to think of it, this is just as well. Identity protection begins at home. You are here of your own free will, but your family's contact info is not yours to give away to us. You probably shouldn't give out other people's contact data just because someone here asks for it. And, sorry Ossobuco, that includes you.