3

How should we improve the school system?

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2016 06:50 pm
As a 17 y/o student from Italy, this is one of the biggest issues I've encountered troughout my short life. It seems like that even if school systems vary from country to country, everyone of them has the same problems. But first, I just wanna clear out that I like school and I think that education is the most important thing in our lives, and consequently more effort and more money should be involved in this field. The main thing I wanna say is that most kids drop out of school or have a very difficult time going trough it because they are forced to learn things that not only they are not interested in, but also are not useful! With this I only mean that we students should have the possibility to choose from different secondary subjects, while still being forced or at least strongly encouraged to follow lessons about absolutely necessary subjects. I don't know the situation in other countries, but here in Italy we must choose between a technician school (architecture,geometry etc..), scientific (maths, chemistry etc...), classical(mine) (greek,latin etc), and linguistic (various languages etc). The thing I hate about these schools is that, even if they are so different, they still won't prepare properly kids for when they have to enter adulthood, and they also kill our creativity. For example, we are not thaught basic first aid techniques, we don't know ANYTHING about politics and economy, how to get a job, how to make ourselves a family. But still we are thaught every small detail of things we are not interested in and if we don't learn them we could have to study even during summer. This system is literally wasting years of our lives, just like a prison. We learn those basic things only thanks to our parents, but many kids are orphans or are in a troubled family situation. I think we should have the right to be thaught the basis of a subject, and later on choose wether to continue it or choose another we enjoy more.
I thought of this after watching on youtube "#don'tstayinschool" by boyinaband.
By the way I'm sorry if what I said has grammar errors or doesn't count in your country.
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 1,280 • Replies: 1

selectmytutor

-1  
Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2016 04:10 am
@alexpari1,
You should consult your school management.