0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Tue 27 Apr, 2004 03:43 am
Lettuce pray for forgiveness
0 Replies

QKid

Tue 27 Apr, 2004 08:28 am
Steve,

Comon man, how could u say that there is nothing a person claiming to be a prophet can bring to validify his statement? If it were to be just belief, then everyone in the world is just following blindly (even Muslims).

Think about it. If the Creator (who has unlimited power) wants to reveal things to mankind through a person, then wouldnt the Creator supply the person with things so that the people could validify that the person is really a prophet? Orelse noone would believe that he is a prophet.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Tue 27 Apr, 2004 11:17 am
What proof has any prophet ever offered?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Tue 27 Apr, 2004 11:22 am
P.T. Barnum was a prophet in my mind, just for saying "there's a sucker born every minute."
0 Replies

fresco

Tue 27 Apr, 2004 02:50 pm
"Fear prophets and those prepared to die for the truth, for as a rule they make many others die with them, often before them, at times instead of them."

Umberto Eco
0 Replies

cavfancier

Tue 27 Apr, 2004 02:54 pm
Mmm....Eco...nice 'refrain' there fresco.
0 Replies

dlowan

Tue 27 Apr, 2004 03:25 pm
I want MIRACLES from my prophets - nice, scientifically verifiable MIRACLES - performed under laboratory conditions - at demand.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Tue 27 Apr, 2004 03:39 pm
Right now, I would prefer profits, which could possibly involve a miracle.
0 Replies

QKid

Wed 28 Apr, 2004 10:51 am
Steve,

Dont give up. I know u know it. What do u think about dlowan's comment?
0 Replies

QKid

Tue 4 May, 2004 10:10 am
Steve,

what happened? where are u? u havent answered my last post.
0 Replies

QKid

Fri 14 May, 2004 08:21 am
Well I see that Steve has not answered. Does anyone want to take over for him on this thread?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Fri 14 May, 2004 10:35 am
ok Qkid, I hear you.

Are you suggesting genuine prophets come with official id cards issued by God's Propaganda Ministry?

Or are you saying that a great work such as the Koran is sufficient proof of divine inspiration?

What did I think of Dlowan's comment? I go along with it. All miracle workers to undergo annual assessment in double blind laboratory tests. The Amalgamated Union of Prophets, Soothsayers and Miracle Workers will object, but they're just a bunch of trouble makers.
0 Replies

dlowan

Fri 14 May, 2004 04:03 pm
Yes - they resent bench-marking and best practice indicators.
0 Replies

Ahmad

Mon 17 May, 2004 01:36 am
QKid wrote:
Hamid,
Yo bro, these pictures dont mean anything. I dont know what you are trying to prove. Islam does not need these pictures and images to promote it. I just wanted to say how sad this is Hamid. Bro, pictures dont mean anything when it comes to religion.

This site with pictures can help you:

http://www.miraclesofthequran.com
0 Replies

QKid

Tue 18 May, 2004 06:25 pm
Steve,

Sorry for the delay. I dont want you to agree with dlowan just because of no reason. I just want to know if you agree that if a person claims they are receiving revelation from the Creator (a prophet), then the ONLY way they can prove themselve is with a miracle. There is no other way as you have tried to show in this thread. If you agree to this, then we can move on, but if you dont, then keep thinking of how a person claiming to be a prophet may prove himself.

Ahmad,
What does pictures have to do with Islam bro?
0 Replies

swolf

Tue 18 May, 2004 10:45 pm
Re: Islam miracles.
hamid wrote:
hello everyone....

Islam is the way.........
the islam knows more then 124.000 prophets.
Jezus whas not Allah's son, but one of his great prophets.

If there ever was such a thing as a prophet, which is highly problematical, then the last real one died about 2700 years ago at the time of Zechariah.

Prophecy, oracles, and every sort of thing in the world like that stopped working at about that time, i.e. somewhere between the time of the Trojan war and the time of Alexander of Macedon, and part of the message of Christ was basically this, that whereas ancient religions amounted to attempts to communicate with the spirit realm directly, in our own age, we know the spirit realm only through faith.

There is nothing in the bible claiming Jesus was a prophet and in fact the book of Hebrews starts straight off thusly:

Quote:

CHAPTER 1
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto he fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

Which clearly delineates the difference between Christ and prophets.

Speaking of later-day "prophets" like Mohammed, Christ said

Quote:

15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them....

The nature of the fruits if islam is obvious enough to anybody who reads much...
0 Replies

swolf

Tue 18 May, 2004 10:55 pm
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:

How can you verify if one who is claiming to be a prophet is really a prophet? What is the criteria for someone claiming to be a prophet?

Simple: he should radiocarbon date to about 2500 years or thereabouts; that's about how long ago the last real prophet died.

A philologist at Princeton by the name of Julian Jaynes wrote a book on the subject in the late 70s and did a fairly good job of documenting the phenomenon.
0 Replies

QKid

Thu 20 May, 2004 09:37 am
Thanx wolfman for your opinion. But I am waiting for Steve's response.
0 Replies

swolf

Thu 20 May, 2004 11:22 am
I'd rate that one as a couple of tads better than an opinion. The book in question was called "The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind", and it was pretty thorough. You might could still find a copy of it.
0 Replies