Steve 41oo

Wed 22 Feb, 2006 12:51 pm
its garbage but also dangerous.
0 Replies

Perplexed

Mon 27 Feb, 2006 07:50 pm
ummm, I hate to disagree, but the Qur'an has no puncuation that I'm aware of. Even if it did have western style puncuation, why would there be 994,194 MORE full stops than there are verses?

Please check your facts before posting them, in accordence with the rules of this forum, it will create a better public image for all of Islam.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Mon 27 Feb, 2006 08:24 pm
Quote:

it will create a better public image for all of Islam.

That wouldn't be too hard, it couldn't get much worse.
0 Replies

Perplexed

Mon 27 Feb, 2006 08:35 pm
Doktor S, I'm worried.

I'm beginning to become aware of an anti-muslim bias amongst the members of this board.

Would I be better off leaving now, before an incident occurs, or do you think I'm over-reacting to a vocal minority?
0 Replies

Doktor S

Mon 27 Feb, 2006 09:00 pm
No, I think someone that can reasonably represent the muslim position is exactly what this board needs.
The bias arises from the plethora of semi literates proclaiming 'islam' that came before you that fecked it up for the rest.
You understandably have somewhat of an uphill battle to undue the damage done....
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Tue 28 Feb, 2006 05:50 am
Perplexed wrote:
..I'm worried. Would I be better off leaving now, before an incident occurs...
What on earth have you to be perplexed about Worried One? Sorry but as my mother use to tell me to remember

Sticks and stones may break my bones but WORDS they cannot hurt me.
0 Replies

Setanta

Tue 28 Feb, 2006 06:16 am
It's a miracle that silly idjits haven't sent one another to kingdom come already . . . mornin' Boss, how's life in Merry Old these days?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Tue 28 Feb, 2006 06:21 am
Setanta wrote:
It's a miracle that silly idjits haven't sent one another to kingdom come already . . . mornin' Boss, how's life in Merry Old these days?
And good morning to you (actually afternoon here). Friggin freezin is probably the best description. Strong N wind from the Arctic.

What sort of incident do you think the Perplexed One was Worrried With?
0 Replies

Setanta

Tue 28 Feb, 2006 06:23 am
I suspect that, as is the case with so many others, he anticipated the violent hurling of electrons in his general direction. This is even less threatening than having scornful Frenchmen fart in one's direction, as electrons are (apparently) odorless. However, many people who come here seem to dread the lowly electron.
0 Replies

mesquite

Tue 28 Feb, 2006 11:05 am
Perplexed wrote:
ummm, I hate to disagree, but the Qur'an has no puncuation that I'm aware of. Even if it did have western style puncuation, why would there be 994,194 MORE full stops than there are verses?

Please check your facts before posting them, in accordence with the rules of this forum, it will create a better public image for all of Islam.

Would you please provide a reference as to what post or poster you are responding to here?
0 Replies

Perplexed

Tue 28 Feb, 2006 10:00 pm
the very first one.
0 Replies

mesquite

Tue 28 Feb, 2006 10:20 pm
Ah, yes that one. I don't believe you will get an answer from hamid. He dropped by, made that one fine post, and has not been heard from since.

There was some interesting discussion about the early Koran in this thread beginning on page three.
Perplexed

Tue 28 Feb, 2006 10:33 pm
Oh well, better to just drop it I suppose, I made my point.
0 Replies

ayaan

Fri 15 May, 2009 11:21 pm
@caprice,
What I find odd about Islamic prayer shown on t.v. is that I never see women. Why is that?
because an islamic women are not allowed to stand with unknown people

What about physically disabled people? How are they supposed to perform Islamic prayer?
physically disabled people offer Islamic prayer with symbolic gestures
0 Replies

sabqat

Sat 11 Jun, 2011 12:21 pm
@Frank Apisa,
femalle are to cover themselves. it is for many reasons. like for exp protection from pollution(don't mind but dishonnered phisycally)etc. about the disabled all the ways of prayer for all circumstances are expllained in the hadis
SpeakIslam

Thu 3 Nov, 2011 02:10 pm
@caprice,
That is probably because us women do not like to be videoed whilst we are praying and because we like our privacy.
Physically disabled people still pray, but only in the way that they are capable. For example, if a person is completely paralyzed, they would pray simply by blinking etc.
Physically disabled people are very much cared for in our religion and are treated equally.
0 Replies

monching58

Sat 27 Jul, 2013 07:11 pm
@caprice,
respect is given to women praying, actually they are not required to go to the masjid to pray, but they can do it at home.

i have seen a man without both hands but doing his ablution using his right foot. prayer can be done, lying or sitting for sick or disabled muslims.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 6 Nov, 2013 10:15 pm
@sabqat,
Quote:
femalle are to cover themselves. it is for many reasons.

Females cover themselves because every part of the female body is for the mans sexual enjoyment. It is strict Sharia law.

It is called "Awrah" which means sexual organ. Women amount to a blow up doll that breathes.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 6 Nov, 2013 11:11 pm
@mesquite,

Quote:
There was some interesting discussion about the early Koran in this thread beginning on page three.

That was about Orientalists and the concept that Eastern religions are to mystic and impossible for a westerner to understand.

A guy Said wrote that book and it is an apologetic whitewash of Islam and the beginning of this kind of propaganda. Also the beginning of pro Palestinian activists.

Also that Arabic is the language of God and impossible to translate unless your are a believer. Right.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 7 Nov, 2013 01:27 pm
Did anyone know the "Mien Kampf" is required reading in Islamic schools?

Why do you think that is?