1

Moving company or do it yourself? Why or why not?

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 01:40 pm
Do you keep going back to a moving company or would you rather move your own stuff?

Butrflynet

1  
Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 03:02 pm
@AlliTiger,
I've used moving companies for two household moves in California and was very pleased with the company. It was the same one I dealt with as the relocation coordinator for my employer when we moved office locations.

When I moved from California to New Mexico I could not afford a moving company and moved myself. I used U-haul and hired a couple workers to help me load the truck. I towed my car behind the van.

The hardest part about the whole move was trying to find places to park the large truck and towing trailer configuration at hotel and meal layovers. The other hard part was being double sure of the navigation in unfamiliar territory to eliminate the need for making sharp turns to reverse course and get back on track.