Average Joe Hawaii - Reality TV or not! (Is beauty more..

caprice

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 01:11 am
Oh I know! I can't wait to see it. Very Happy
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 01:16 am
If these guys go around and say something stupid - which they might, considering the stupid talk around the detonator- so sad. Come on you know you are on a "game" like show expect things that are weird to occur. Why would you say anything wrong to her "mother"? They are just not the brightest.
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 01:20 am
Do guys really think good looks and a nice bod are enough for them to "get the woman"?
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 01:34 am
Yes, probably just as many as women who do.
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 01:46 am
There was an interesting article in the paper today. I thought it might be online, but it isn't, otherwise I would post a link so you could read it yourself. Essentially it states that more women than ever before are more educated and seek the same in their mates. According to the figures cited in the article, women are surpassing men in terms of obtaining degrees. Because women are more independent that a generation or so ago, they are less willing to commit to men whose intelligence level is less than their own.

I don't think it's a stretch to deduce from that article that good looks and a nice bod are all that is required. There has to be some brain power there too. Not to mention a few other traits. Smile
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 09:25 am
This is true. But to go on a reality show like this, you have to be a few apples shy of a bushel.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 09:40 am
It's like all reality TV. Garbage. Having only seen the ads, it's obvious that it's crap by virtue of the fact that it's got one of the most stunning women on earth trying to find a partner. As if she'd ever have any trouble. It's crap on top of bullsh!t.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 10:02 am
Wilso where did you come up with that opinion? The reason that this show sells is that people are into this reality crap. It's commonly understood in psychological world that these beautiful women often have a internalized picture that is not as described like the outwardly beautiful image the project, hence leading to personality and psyche disorders, where the average Joe does stand a chance at capturing this kind of woman. Take a look around in society - you see it all the time.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 10:05 am
The fact that she's the star of this show makes me believe she doesn't suffer from that particular psychological view.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 10:52 am
It is crap. But I love it!
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 11:01 am
Yeah reality T.V. will never die in my book. I will always be entertained.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 01:16 pm
What I wonder about is - what if the woman was average herself? Would ANY of these guys - average or otherwise - be making ANY effort if she wasn't beautiful?

Apparently the guys are caught talking about her (dressed as her mother) by hidden cameras and it is this stuff that will be explosive. Guys (and gals) say stuff when in pack-mode that they would not always want others to hear, or even hear about later. Some of these guys are too stupid to realize they will look bad. How many times do they have to be told there are cameras around and doing and saying stuff usually gets back to her? Doh!

On the next show the other Michael must get caught saying nasty mommy stuff because I had seen a trailer a while-back where a tall dark-haired guy is eliminated and outside the house he is angry and yelling. Since this hasn't happened yet in the show, methinks next week will be the one where it does!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 01:19 pm
I hope you're right! Although that guy is definitely one of the most entertaining of the bunch, he's an a-hole. Can't wait til next week!~
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 03:43 pm
Heeven wrote:
I had seen a trailer a while-back where a tall dark-haired guy is eliminated and outside the house he is angry and yelling. Since this hasn't happened yet in the show, methinks next week will be the one where it does!

You aren't confusing this with The Bachelorette are ya? Wink
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 03:45 pm
Wilso wrote:
It's like all reality TV. Garbage. Having only seen the ads, it's obvious that it's crap by virtue of the fact that it's got one of the most stunning women on earth trying to find a partner. As if she'd ever have any trouble. It's crap on top of bullsh!t.

But I have often heard very beautiful women describe themselves as being lonely. It's either a case of the wrong type (e.g. obnoxious and boorish) showing an interest or the right types not approaching them because they think how could she possibly be single?
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 04:40 pm
I believe that it's mostly because they don't think anyone is good enough for them.
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 04:53 pm
I beg to differ. I don't have anything I can quote you, but I just recall reading interviews with certain women who were gorgeous, but lonely. They came across as sincere and not stuck-up.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 05:31 pm
Caprice, I think Wilso might have a point. Maybe the interviews you read were different, but I think a lot of very beautiful women have higher than usual standards. Not that there's anything wrong with that. It might be due to other factors though. Maybe the women in those interviews were just intimacy-phobes.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 09:01 pm
While I cannot put my hand on the data Women have it tough. Our culture continues to portray the stereotypes of being perfectly happy, rich and successful. No one has a bad day. The bodies of our ladies throughout time have been manipulated to meet hte latest marketing fad. Women have been trussed and corseted.

Studies do show that a great deal of women are dissatisfied with their body shape\image and this many times results in low self-esteem and low self-confidence. I really doesn't matter if it's your image or her image - beauty is in the eye of the beholder and this is why you see what happens to be the average Joe and Jane with the opposite beauty on occasion.
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 09:02 pm
kickycan wrote:
Caprice, I think Wilso might have a point. Maybe the interviews you read were different, but I think a lot of very beautiful women have higher than usual standards. Not that there's anything wrong with that. It might be due to other factors though. Maybe the women in those interviews were just intimacy-phobes.

Intimacy phobes? How can they be intimate if they aren't even being asked for dates in the first place?
0 Replies