djjd62

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2011 12:46 pm
@izzythepush,
i have the series but haven't watched it yet, i also haven't read the books, but i have read 2 of the three novellas (the hedge knight, the sworn sword) set in the same world and quite enjoyed them
izzythepush

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2011 01:10 pm
@djjd62,
Well I've not read the novellas, so there's no common ground. I do intend to read themthough. I saw the series on the television first, and unlike the vast majority of Sword and Sorcery that I see on the television I was unable to predict what was coming next.

I then got into the books and read them really quickly, I was grabbed. After having read the books, I felt the sex on the series was gratuitous (Well, just one scene in particular) especially as I was watching it with my 19 year old daughter. I'm sure it got more viewers that way, but it didn't need it, the acting was brilliant.

The main proble is it's not finished there's still two volumes to go. The last volume came out five years later than promised. I just want to know how the bloody thing ends.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
izzythepush

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2011 06:04 pm
@oralloy,
Thanks for confirming to everybody that you really are a racist ****, and a completely predictable moron.
oralloy

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2011 06:06 pm
@izzythepush,
izzytheNazi wrote:
Thanks for confirming to everybody that you really are a racist ****, and a completely predictable moron.

You trash shouldn't run around falsely accusing your betters of your own racism and stupidity.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2011 06:12 pm
@oralloy,
Have you ever had an original thought? It's just that all your insults tend to be of the, 'No I'm not, you are' variety. It's the sort of thing a small child would say........A backward child.

Now try really hard to say something original, bearing in mind it may cause your brain to explode.
djjd62

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2011 07:13 pm
@oralloy,
and trash like you shouldn't go around falsely claiming to be the better of anyone

oralloy

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2011 08:47 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:
and trash like you

You trash shouldn't run around falsely accusing your betters of your own trashiness.

djjd62 wrote:
shouldn't go around falsely claiming to be the better of anyone

Nothing false about it. You support sending innocent people to prison. You are vermin compared to a human like me.
dlowan

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2011 10:55 pm
@oralloy,
Oh good grief.

Can't this stay on the other thread?
oralloy

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2011 11:16 pm
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:
Oh good grief.
Can't this stay on the other thread?

I wouldn't mind if the nonsense wasn't in any thread whatsoever. In any case, I want to clarify that all of my posts in the fight were responses to unprovoked attacks against me.

However, out of respect for your thread, I will not respond to any more attacks against me that are posted here.

(But I want to state for the record that my silence will not mean the attacks against me are in any way truthful.)
dlowan

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2011 02:18 am
@oralloy,
Thank you...now the rest of you behave or I'll rip yer bloody arms off.

(Shockingly tasteless given the subject matter....but still....)
izzythepush

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2011 02:49 am
@dlowan,
I'm very sorry for bollocking up your thread like this.I decided to post on your thread to avoid right wing bigots like Gunga and Oralboy. I've given him enough rope now, and he has responded exactly how I knew he would. I'll just vote his posts down, not just because they're incredibly offensive, but because they take up so much room. I suppose that's one of the consequences of using wax crayons for correspondence.
McTag

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2011 04:13 am
@izzythepush,

He should read that book, though. It's an easy read in one sense, it's a graphic novel. Shouldn't pose much of a problem.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2011 04:25 am
@McTag,
You would think so wouldn't you? It's hard to read a book when you don't have opposable thumbs.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2011 01:24 pm
@parados,
Quote:
Very very depressing.
parados wrote:
Even more depressing than that.

The latest word is 80 dead at the Youth camp.
Quote:
OSLO, Norway — At least 80 people were killed in a shooting attack on a youth camp in Norway, police said, a devastating elevation of the death toll in twin attacks that included a bomb attack in Oslo.
I 've heard that he is anti-capitalist, anti-Individualist. That is in line with Stalin & Hitler.

David
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2011 02:13 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
've heard that he is anti-capitalist, anti-Individualist.

Perhaps you need a (new) hearing aid?