Casey Anthony found not guilty of murder

Arella Mae

Thu 7 Jul, 2011 07:39 am
Soooo, it looks like the most time Casey could possibly spend in jail is one year or so depending on her time served. On a better note, if Casey does write a book or sells movie rights, she will probably have the court costs and investigative costs to pay? I believe the jurdy did right for what evidence they were presented but I do believe a child murderer is going to be walking our streets again way tooooooooooooooooooooo soon.
Arella Mae

Thu 7 Jul, 2011 09:46 am
Quote:
[Updated at 11:34 a.m.] Casey Anthony will be released on July 13, 2011, according to a court spokesperson.

The spokeswoman said she would release more information about the calculation as soon as it was available.
0 Replies

Linkat

Thu 7 Jul, 2011 10:26 am
@Arella Mae,
The only positive is the judge did the max he could. Although the defense tried to claim this should be considered one judgement - they judge went for the max.

Unfortunately she gets out next week (due to time served and good behaviour).

I was just reading an article about the weirdos outside the courtroom protesting and one man..."Nearby, a handful of supporters also turned out, including a man who held a sign asking Casey Anthony to marry him."

Arella Mae

Thu 7 Jul, 2011 10:33 am
@Linkat,
I was talking to our receptionist here at work earlier. She said, "where is she going to go? She probably should leave the country." I told her, "Oh, she'll find a place, WITH PEOPLE JUST LIKE HER." The "man" asking her to marry him I'd say is just like her. How sick and sad is that? A child was murdered and that guy wants to marry her?

I like the Judge. I don't think he was happy that there was no more that he could do.
Linkat

Thu 7 Jul, 2011 10:41 am
@Arella Mae,
I liked the judge too.

Oh my, I just read this....
"In a 2010 jailhouse letter to a friend, Anthony said she would like to adopt a child from Ireland "accent and all.""
Arella Mae

Thu 7 Jul, 2011 10:46 am
@Linkat,
There is a "rumor" that Casey is pregnant. Came from the Enquirer so who knows. I think it's going to take awhile for people to get over this. With OJ, it was adults involved and though people were angry they were able to cope. I'm not so sure everyone is going to be able to cope so quickly in this case.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Thu 7 Jul, 2011 11:37 am
I honestly hope that she will not be followed by a lynch mob. No one deserves that. Court systems were created partly to put an end to lynch mobs.
djjd62

Thu 7 Jul, 2011 01:32 pm
@wandeljw,
i would much prefer that people whisper "baby killer" when they pass her, then it will be up to her to respond to something that no else heard, that would be fun, almost makes me wish i lived near her
hawkeye10

Thu 7 Jul, 2011 01:57 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

i would much prefer that people whisper "baby killer" when they pass her, then it will be up to her to respond to something that no else heard, that would be fun, almost makes me wish i lived near her
I kind of like that...it shows just how little respect you have for the American "justice" system.
djjd62

Thu 7 Jul, 2011 02:00 pm
@hawkeye10,
i have great respect for the justice system, there was little to no chance they could get a conviction on most of the charges, that doesn't however mean i don't think she either killed the child or has direct knowledge of how the child died
0 Replies

Mame

Thu 7 Jul, 2011 02:00 pm
@hawkeye10,
Just because she was not convicted doesn't mean she wasn't guilty. Seems like the whole of NA thinks she murdered or covered up the murder of her daughter. So, dj's idea is innovative... what's wrong with that?
djjd62

Thu 7 Jul, 2011 02:03 pm
@Mame,
i bet that members of the jury thought she murdered her child, but under the charges they were given as a jury they came to the right conclusion, there simply wasn't enough direct evidence to convict
Arella Mae

Thu 7 Jul, 2011 02:04 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

djjd62 wrote:

I kind of like that...it shows just how little respect you have for the American "justice" system.

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/3190/lol045.gif

ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS COMING FROM YOU!
Linkat

Thu 7 Jul, 2011 02:05 pm
@Mame,
She's been proven she was involved. To me, by simply not reporting her missing she is involved at least indirectly. If she reported her missing right away and she did not know anything, there was potential for the police to find the child while alive.

By not reporting her missing - as a parent she is responsible for her safety and well being - she had at the very least prevented the child from being found.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Thu 7 Jul, 2011 02:06 pm
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
How so?? I have been very clear how little respect I have for the American system as it currently operates.
Linkat

Thu 7 Jul, 2011 02:07 pm
@djjd62,
From accounts reported, the jurors were crying over the verdict they felt they had to make.
Mame

Thu 7 Jul, 2011 02:12 pm
@Linkat,
what accounts were those, linkat?
Arella Mae

Thu 7 Jul, 2011 02:16 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
How so?? I have been very clear how little respect I have for the American system as it currently operates.
I thought you were being sarcastic to dj and I did find that funny. I obviously misunderstood you were being serious. Please forgive me for that. Do you live in the USA? You idea of justice is a bit strange as far as I'm concerned. Had too many dealings with you and your being persecuted by feminists.
hawkeye10

Thu 7 Jul, 2011 02:20 pm
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
Do you live in the USA?
Currently, my wife is a soldier so we have lived 6 years in Germany.
Linkat

Thu 7 Jul, 2011 02:27 pm
@Mame,
"Juror No.3, a Largo, Fla., woman named Jennifer Ford, agreed to talk to ABC without compensation, the network said. In an article on the network’s website, Ford explained the verdicts left her and other jurors "sick to our stomachs."

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/national/south/view.bg?articleid=1350217&format=&page=3&listingType=natsouth#articleFull

There was another article I am trying to find that had the above, but also stated how the jurors were crying - about the verdict, and not just the females.