how young is too young?

ksenia

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2011 10:43 am
hey guys well i'm 12 and i'm dating a guy who's also 12...my parents think thats waaay to young? why? they say they will give me approval of datin at 18! i think thats too old school...what age do you think is acceptable?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 7 • Views: 3,489 • Replies: 6
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2011 02:52 pm
@ksenia,
What do you mean by "dating"?

Around here kids seem to start dating around that age, but "dating" mostly means admitting that they like each other, and maybe doing a bit of hand-holding. (My daughter is 10 but some of her friend's older siblings are dating, and that's what she reports. I trust her but the older siblings may be leaving some things out in their accounts to their younger siblings -- I don't know.)
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2011 04:00 pm
@ksenia,
I don't know what's too young, but I have to agree that 18 is way above any reasonable limit.

As soz says, it might depend on just what you mean by dating.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2011 10:18 pm
@ksenia,
Wouldn't it be appropriate where you live, what cultural background you are, and what religious (if any) background you are, before commenting.

18 in western countries is considered to old. But I daresay within western countries there are groups of people who don't consider it too old.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 05:39 am
What is a "date" for a 12 year old?

Seeing him? in a group situation? during the day?
that seems OK.

But they call that "hanging out" around here, not dating.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 01:41 pm
@ksenia,
I would consider that 18 is a bit too long to wait to be allowed to date. At the same time, if by dating you mean going out to a movie (just the two of you, dropped off by parents) then I think your parents are correct and you are too young. Of course, if by dating you mean simply considering the two of you "boyfriend and girlfriend", then I guess you can do that without any parental say so.

Finally, no matter what your parents say, I am a firm believer in following their rules as long as you live under their roof. If they really won't let you date until you are 18, then I would suggest you abide by that. But then I am old school and believe that parents should be obeyed in all things (unless of course by obeying it puts you in danger.)
0 Replies

harddisk01

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2011 03:08 am
@ksenia,
helo
I cant forget my golden lovly moment..
thanks
Author
0 Replies