Today is the end of the Glenn Beck Show...

wmwcjr

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2011 12:50 pm
@izzythepush,
Laughing Laughing Laughing
raprap

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2011 03:48 pm
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/9a/Akaufman1.jpg = http://earthfirst.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/glenn-beck.jpg?

http://100gf.wordpress.com/2011/03/15/is-glenn-beck-the-andy-kaufman-of-the-21st-century-npr/

Rap
wmwcjr

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2011 04:11 pm
@raprap,
http://coveringdelta.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/beck.jpg

http://selfdeprecate.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/glenn-beck-fired4.jpg

http://selfdeprecate.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/glenn-beck-fired1.jpg
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2011 05:10 pm
@wmwcjr,
There's another guy who's as annoying, Max Keiser. He's as insanely left wing as Beck is right wing. And, like Beck he's got a really whiney annoying voice. He's just been dropped by RT (Russian Television), because he's too far out for them. He's currently on Press TV (Owned by Iran). If some media company put the two of them next to each other I'd watch it.
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2011 05:13 pm
@izzythepush,
It sounds like if you put this Max Keiser and Glen Beck next to each other in back to back TV slots... KABOOM!

Like adding matter and antimatter together!
izzythepush

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2011 05:22 pm
@tsarstepan,
Well, the world will be short of two arseholes. Is that a bad thing? By the way, Keiser is not a mouthpiece of either Russia or Iran, he has his own agenda, which suited Russia, and now suits Iran. It would be a good fight, and I honestly don't know who I'd want to win.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2011 05:28 pm
@hawkeye10,
Hawk - do you often pay attention to what you write?

for example this:
Quote:
Not me, I have almost never watched him, in fact I rarely watch news or cable news channels on tv anymore, I ditched that bad habit years ago. My family has it on so I catch some of it sometimes though.

Came not 10 posts after this:
Quote:
Beck goes out with the fourth highest rated cable news program, averaging almost 1.8 million viewers, the man is extremely talented. I will be interested to see his next act, it will likely be pretty good.

So you have firm opinions of his talents that you rarely watch and you can't wait for his next act, having ignored his last one? One, or both, of us is confused.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2011 06:49 pm
@hingehead,
Quote:
So you have firm opinions of his talents that you rarely watch and you can't wait for his next act, having ignored his last one? One, or both, of us is confused.
Yes, I have over my lifetime probably watched him for two hours, and I have read many things said about him, this is enough information to allow me to come to the conclusion that he is very talented. It all depends on how well we know the subject matter and how perceptive we are when it comes to speed of accurate judgements, for instance on the job I can tell within three minutes if a candidate for a position will be a good fit, and be right 95%+ of the time...watching beck for two hours is far more time than is need to tell that he is very good at what he does.
farmerman

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2011 06:55 pm
@hawkeye10,
I look at it more this way;

You dont have to eat the whole bowl to know youur soup is bad.

He is like the ANdy Griffith character in the 50's movie "A Face in the Crowd". He has many people fooled that what he says is deep, but, just like Newt Gingrich, Beck is usually just full of two things
1Himself and
2Hot air.

His "analysis "of Islam was laughable and many real cholars told him
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2011 06:59 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
You dont have to eat the whole bowl to know youur soup is bad.
and you dont need to handgout with a woman for a half hour to figure out if she is someone you want to hang out with....almost always. The theory of the criticism of me is whack, which tells me that it was gratuitous...as does the plus 4 popularity tab. Some people are desperate to find some reason to ignore me, which I take as evidence that a lot of what I say strikes too close to home for their comfort.
hingehead

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2011 07:01 pm
@hawkeye10,
You've mentioned your ability to be accurate in making snap judgements about people quite often on these boards, but for position candidates I think you'd agree that scientifically your measure of accuracy is somewhat flawed unless you are employing the candidates you don't think will be good to see if 95% of the time they fail. Picking the ones you think will be good and being right 95% of the time in that choice doesn't mean your gut feeling is 95% right. That's a minor quibble, but I thought I'd point it out.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2011 07:16 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
people are desperate to find some reason to ignore me, which I take as evidence that a lot of what I say strikes too close to home for their comfort
Thats merely the opinion of one who is ignored and is seeking some solace that he or she isnt just a bore or a whacko. I love to engage and dont run from anyone here. However I do ignore one person who is merely a broken record and is as predictable as a bagel.
If you feel that Beck is a "comic genius" Maybe Id agree. He does a parody of a right wing zealot just as good as Colbert. BUT I dont think thats what hes trying to get across. I think he believes his spiehl.

I dont wish him ill, I am just glad that hes gone from a number of radio stations as well. His narcissistic views on everything were a big bore. Now, on several of his stations, theyve got some really good local talent with more educated conservative views that dont require what HAnnity, Beck, Obrien, and Limbo engage in, that being the one sided attaks at liberals and carefully editing calls in to make the host sound better.

Ive listened enough to marvel at how people can be so dumb as to buy much of that, and I wonder why no liberals are allowed to call in and get it on.

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2011 07:23 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Ive listened enough to marvel at how people can be so dumb as to buy much of that, and I wonder why no liberals are allowed to call in and get it on.
Do you also expect reality TV to be reality?? Beck is a showman, in the tradition of PT Barnum and Buffalo Bill, and he is very good at his craft.
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2011 07:28 am
@farmerman,
Didn't Andy Kaufman think he could wrestle? Beck started as a showman, now his character has become his trap. Beck needs to meet his Jerry Lawler and get his mind right.

Rap
farmerman

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2011 08:03 am
@raprap,
Id love to see a mano a mano between him and Jon Stewart. Talk about showmen
raprap

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2011 08:23 am
@farmerman,
I remember when O'Reilly made some statemet about wrestling Al Franken after Franken wrote in his book O'Reilly lied. My money'd be on Franken--at one time he wrestled.

Rap

farmerman

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2011 10:48 am
@raprap,
I have that book "Lying Liars..." Franken gutted Oreilly.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2011 12:31 pm
@farmerman,
I have the same book. I'd never even heard of O' Reilly until I read it. I particularly liked the Jesus cartoon.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 06:34 am
Well Beck is back in the news on Norway.

Time for a recap:
http://www.pastemagazine.com/blogs/lists/2011/07/the-10-best-jon-stewartglenn-beck-gotcha-moments.html
izzythepush

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 06:44 am
@hingehead,
I need to correct something I posted earlier, Max Keiser is still on RT. Press TV must have bought his show. They tend to be in the market for anything anti-American. Sorry if I misled anyone, it was unintentional.
0 Replies