15
   

Today is the end of the Glenn Beck Show...

 
 
msolga
 
  3  
Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 01:55 am
@hawkeye10,
For someone who calls himself a socialist, hawkeye, you certainly have unusual tastes in your tv watching. Wink
0 Replies
 
Finn dAbuzz
 
  -1  
Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 01:57 am
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

Quote:
Please give us several examples.

No.
As if I could be bothered to go looking for examples ...

OK..that about says it all.

But I have seen enough of his hysterical antics (plenty, actually) via the internet (including plenty here on A2K) to feel pretty confident I'm probably fairly correct in my assessment.

How nice for you that you have a solid self-confidence based on your impressions. A lot easier that way.

YouTube is full of examples, if you want check I'm not fibbing Wink .
http://www.google.com.au/search?q=Glenn+Beck+%2B+youtube&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a

Please explain how you know this to be rubbish. Posting a link doesn't prove anything.

I don't think you are fibbing. I'm sure that you believe Glenn Beck is full of rubbish. I don't think you can intelligently support such a claim, but that's something far different than fibbing.

(btw, that was meant to be a fairly light-hearted comment, Finn.
I think someone's cranky today.)

You are a strange and sometimes exasperating individual. I would very much like to meet you in person because I hold out the hope that you cannot possibly be the person you appear to be on A2K.

"Fairly light-hearted?"

I'd hate to see you in full bore insult mode.

You're always full of rubbish, but I mean that in a fairly light-hearted way.


Finn dAbuzz
 
  -1  
Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 02:01 am
@dlowan,
Yes dlowan.

Despite the fact that I wrote that I'm not a Beck fan, I "probably" am losing one of my gods.

But what difference should that make. You have your narrative about Finn as you do a narrative about Beck, Palin, Limbaugh, Ryan, FOX News, and why let something like facts alter them?
0 Replies
 
msolga
 
  5  
Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 02:02 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
As I said, Finn, I have seen enough to feel pretty confident about my opinions of the man.
Of course, you can find examples to show me how wrong I am! Smile

If you're looking for a fight, you've got the wrong person here.
I couldn't be bothered.
Certainly not over Glenn Beck.
Besides, I'm going out to dinner soon.
Sorry.


tsarstepan
 
  2  
Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 02:32 am
@msolga,
Bon appetite MsOlga!
msolga
 
  1  
Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 02:35 am
@tsarstepan,
Thanks, tsar.
0 Replies
 
failures art
 
  4  
Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 06:39 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn - Do you actually care to know "several examples," or are you at your normal game of posturing as indifferent, but getting your jollies by sending others on a goose chase. How many things would you need to see to demonstrate that MsOlga's statement was well founded?

I mean, you can for yourself (if you were actually interested) watch the video attached to the OP. You'd find plenty of gems in it.

Cut the bullshit Finn. You can't win by defending Beck, so you'll settle for trolling the people celebrating his TV departure. MsOlga is not playing into your game, so you're trolling her by suggesting that since she refuses to play, you have some sort of superior ground.

Do yourself a favor: If you don't like Beck, don't go out of your way to make yourself into a jackass trying and score points against his critics.

A
R
T
parados
 
  1  
Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 08:48 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Beck goes out with the fourth highest rated cable news program, averaging almost 1.8 million viewers, the man is extremely talented. I will be interested to see his next act, it will likely be pretty good.




By that rating Beck isn't even close to Charlie Sheen.

Sheen's show is the second highest rated syndicated show with 9.3 million viewers
AND
11.6 million viewers in reruns of the current season.

Oprah averaged 8 million viewers for her show, and her network is struggling.
0 Replies
 
djjd62
 
  3  
Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 08:54 am
i loved it when he explained that bruce springsteen's born in the usa wasn't a patriotic song

and it only took him about 30 years to figure it out

plus the recent crying clip, sure his name isn't glenda beck?

0 Replies
 
dlowan
 
  3  
Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 09:51 am
@failures art,
Let him find several examples of Beck being reasoned and impartial.
0 Replies
 
firefly
 
  4  
Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 10:11 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
the man is extremely talented

At weaving conspiracy theories...
Quote:
Beck goes out with the fourth highest rated cable news program, averaging almost 1.8 million viewers


And those suckers will continue to follow Beck...
hawkeye10
 
  -1  
Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 12:05 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
And those suckers will continue to follow Beck.
yes, we all know about those hoity-toity airs of yours...

Quote:
At weaving conspiracy theories..
at getting attention, at being a showman.
firefly
 
  4  
Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 02:02 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
at getting attention, at being a showman.

He sure is good at that. And definitely good for a few laughs...

"Fox News announced today that Glenn Beck will leave his show later this year. It's nothing personal. He just wants to spend more time with the voices in his head." –Jimmy Fallon

‎"The only real difference between Glenn Beck and Paul Revere is that when Paul Revere told you the British were coming they were, in fact, coming." –Jon Stewart

"I was devastated. In fact, last night I went home and finished off a whole pint of George Soros' Caliphate Crunch. Rum raisin with chocolate-covered micro chips." —Jon Stewart on Glenn Beck's departure from Fox News

"Fox News is dropping Glenn Beck's show. He spent the whole day crying his eyes out, and then he heard his show was getting dropped." –Craig Ferguson

"Glenn Beck retired or got fired...and a lot of people are asking who will now speak for the raving lunatics who startle you outside of a parking garage?" –Bill Maher

"I am just about the world's biggest Glenn Beck fan. I follow him even more closely than the shadowy forces tracking his every move." -Stephen Colbert

On Glenn Beck's complaints that critics of Arizona's immigration are making Nazi comparisons: "Glenn Beck is offended! Glenn Beck thinks playing the Nazi card is going too far. Glenn Beck — this is a guy who uses more Swastika props and video of the Nuremberg rallies than the History Channel." —Lewis Black, in a brilliant Daily Show rant in which he demonstrated that Glenn Beck has "Nazi Tourette's"

"It's 'Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon, except there's just one degree, and Kevin Bacon is Hitler. Can I play? Let's see. Mother Teresa had a mustache. Hitler had a mustache. Mother Teresa is Hitler!" —Lewis Black, on Glenn Beck's frequent use of Nazi analogies

"James Cameron, who directed 'Avatar,' is in a feud with Glenn Beck, because Cameron called him a mad man. The two are very different. One makes millions creating fictional stories, and the other is James Cameron." –Craig Ferguson

"New Rule: Glenn Beck has to stop being so hard on himself. After his Eric Massa interview, Beck said, 'I think this is the first time I have wasted an hour of your time.' Oh Glenn, that's so not true. First of all, we never make it through the hour. But when we flip by your show and you're standing on your desk, dressed in lederhosen and holding back tears, etching something about Woodrow Wilson on your crazy board, believe me those two minutes aren't wasted. They're the funniest part of our day." –Bill Maher

"Our good friend, Sarah Palin, former governor of Alaska, is a contributor to Fox News. Only been there a couple days. Already making friends. Today, she loaned Glenn Beck some mascara that does not run when you cry." –David Letterman

"Some critics are saying that Palin won't last on Fox because she's an over-emotional woman who gets the facts wrong. But I disagree. It's working great for Glenn Beck, so she'll be fine." –Craig Ferguson

"But here's how it works. Here's the official line of succession in control of the Republican Party. If Rush Limbaugh is disabled in any way, then control of the party is passed to Glenn Beck. That's the line of succession." –David Letterman

"Yesterday, President Obama prank-called a Washington radio station, calling himself 'Barry from D.C.' Then, just to mess with him, Obama called Glenn Beck's radio show as 'B. Hussein from Kenya.'"

"Fox News host Glenn Beck has lost over 30 sponsors since he called President Obama a racist. And the latest sponsor that he just lost is Clorox bleach. That's amazing. Even a company whose sole purpose is to make things whiter thinks Glenn Beck has gone too far." --Conan O'Brien

"Yesterday on Fox News, commentator Glenn Beck said that he believes President Obama is a racist. Well, to be fair, every time you watch Glenn Beck, it does get a little easier to hate white people." --Conan O'Brien

"And as you know, Santa Claus is working very hard with his elves to make sure every child gets at least one toy this Christmas, or as Glenn Beck calls that, 'socialism.'" –Jay Leno

"Glenn Beck had an emergency appendectomy, but he'll be back on the air tomorrow. That's right. However, for his first day back, doctors are warning Glenn to take it easy and only compare Obama to Hitler three times an hour." –Conan O'Brien

"During the middle of his show, Fox News commentator Glenn Beck was rushed to the hospital for an attack of appendicitis. Yeah. Apparently, Beck was crying and screaming incoherently, so his audience assumed everything was normal." –Conan O'Brien

"A new survey found that the average man cries about six times a year. That number would be a lot lower if it weren’t for Glenn Beck." --Jimmy Fallon

And, for die-hard Beck fans, like you, Hawkeye, there is always The Glenn Beck Conspiracy Generator which you can use until he resurfaces somewhere.
http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/bl-glenn-beck-conspiracy.htm
Be sure to put on your tin foil hat. Laughing
hawkeye10
 
  0  
Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 02:18 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
And, for die-hard Beck fans, like you, Hawkeye
Not me, I have almost never watched him, in fact I rarely watch news or cable news channels on tv anymore, I ditched that bad habit years ago. My family has it on so I catch some of it sometimes though.

Quote:
Be sure to put on your tin foil hat
the problem for you is that I have a habit of being substantially correct, being proven correct, with what you claim are outrageous views. I understand that you have a knee jerk response to try to dismiss anything that you dont want to hear, but luckily most people are better listeners than you are, so you will not get far with your claims that I am a lunatic.
parados
 
  6  
Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 03:39 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
the problem for you is that I have a habit of being substantially correct, being proven correct, with what you claim are outrageous views.

I guess if being correct is in the eye of the beholder and has absolutely nothing to with facts, you would be correct.
failures art
 
  2  
Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 10:06 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

Quote:
the problem for you is that I have a habit of being substantially correct, being proven correct, with what you claim are outrageous views.

I guess if being correct is in the eye of the beholder and has absolutely nothing to with facts, you would be correct.

You took the bait. This is just hawkeye's bid to get put up on the "Things that people say that would make great signature lines" thread.

A
R
T
hawkeye10
 
  -2  
Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2011 01:20 am
@failures art,
Quote:
You took the bait. This is just hawkeye's bid to get put up on the "Things that people say that would make great signature lines" thread.
I keep challenging you to prove me wrong FART, so why does it so rarely happen?
failures art
 
  3  
Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2011 06:26 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
You took the bait. This is just hawkeye's bid to get put up on the "Things that people say that would make great signature lines" thread.
I keep challenging you to prove me wrong FART, so why does it so rarely happen?

Challenging? The opinion of your efforts is noted, but the reality is anything but. What challenge do you think you provide? I'll praise you for something though: You at least have the courage to make wrong predictions.

A
R
T
0 Replies
 
izzythepush
 
  3  
Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2011 06:36 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

[I keep challenging you to prove me wrong FART, so why does it so rarely happen?


Next time you break wind, don't feel that you have to share it with the rest of the world.
Setanta
 
  2  
Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2011 09:27 am
'That's really hilarious. Hawkeye posts drivel by the truckload, but if asked for evidence for his claims, he'll toss of something such as that he is not one's research assistant, or, my favorite, he is "zen" and doesn't deal in proof.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Oddities and Humor - Discussion by edgarblythe
Let's play "Caption the Photo" II - Discussion by gustavratzenhofer
JIM NABORS WAS GOY? - Question by farmerman
Funny Pictures ***Slow Loading*** - Discussion by JerryR
Caption The Cartoon - Discussion by panzade
Geek and Nerd Humor - Discussion by Robert Gentel
Caption The Cartoon Part Deux - Discussion by panzade
IS IT OK FOR ME TO CHEAT? - Question by Setanta
2008 Election: Political Humor - Discussion by Robert Gentel
 
Copyright © 2019 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 10/16/2019 at 08:38:14