What did you think of Donald Trump's Apprentice show?

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 02:32 pm
There's not an accomplished salesperson amongst them, not that salesmanship is necessarily required of an administratrive executive. Well, except if you consider, one has to sell themselves just as much as any product or service. Get my point?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 02:34 pm
This is beginning to look even more like the Peter Principal in action -- the one who can do the least damage, the safest one, will be asked to head up Trump's new chain of lemonade stands.
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 02:50 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
There's not an accomplished salesperson amongst them, not that salesmanship is necessarily required of an administratrive executive. Well, except if you consider, one has to sell themselves just as much as any product or service. Get my point?

Troy
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 03:50 pm
I had the same thoughts about Tammy...she's not long for her duties.

I gotta give props to Troy as well, hes a hell of a salesman.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 04:11 pm
Troy set himself up for the close by letting those who were less adept at negotiation and sales go before him. Pretty schrewd but his leadership skills still haven't come to the crucial test. I still don't buy into any of them being able to head up a company unless groomed for the job for many years. I'm aware that most middle management are promoted from within and that many top executives are imported. I just don't see that any of them have the credentials to even begin learning how to run a small corporation. This makes the whole show a lot of sound and fury signifying nothing. The proof of the pudding will be what happens to the person that wins. My bet is they don't last out a year working for Trump and less likely that they would ever end up running one of his companies. Troy has the best possibilities, to be sure, but I still don't see it. I also don't see Trump all that encouraged.
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 04:53 pm
There are doing a second one.
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 01:21 am
Lightwizard wrote:
The proof of the pudding will be what happens to the person that wins. My bet is they don't last out a year working for Trump and less likely that they would ever end up running one of his companies.

Based on a comment I heard from George Ross during Sam's second time "in the board room", I get the impression that whoever wins will be more of a figurehead than a real company president. George made the comment in reference to Sam -- he didn't think too much of him and said something like "I have to work with whoever wins and I don't want to work with someone who is stupid." Not exact words, but the sentiment is the same. I think it will really be George who runs it, or will be a very hands on sort of mentor to the winner.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 08:01 am
Trump would be a fool to let any of these "apprentices" have a position of authority within any of his companies.
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 02:46 pm
Anyone can look stupid with camaras on them 24/7
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 11:47 pm
BlueMonkey: George made his assessment of Sam being stupid based on watching what Sam was doing since he (George) was there at the time.
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 12:47 am
Someone said that none of them could become president of a company. I was encompassing everyone of them into my statement that everyone looks stupid in font of a camera, especially to people who think they can do better.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 08:03 am
Oh I am sure some of them could become presidents of some company somewhere someday but I certainly hope it's nowhere near me. Going on a TV show like this which is being edited to garner ratings was a poor decision. As a professional business-person they lose respect not only of the general public but also of the other companies out there doing the hiring. Donald, I am sure, is doing it for publicity but the apprentices, even the smarter ones who might have had excellent potential, come off as desperate - desperate enough to go on a TV show and open themselves up to ridicule. This is not some students living in a loft, this could adversely affect their employable futures.
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 12:14 pm
Heeven
Only for people who are up tight. It is a TV show. They were daring enough to go on it. They took a risk. That is what many people like. It is good to see this many facets of them. Also it means they have strong skin. They knew what was going to happen, reality tv has been on a while, so they knew the kind of comments that would come. Tough skin is good for the business and ability to take all kinds of crap from a hating public.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 01:48 pm
I am not uptight in any way but I wouldn't respect any of those folks from the show if they arrived at my workplace and were announced to be my new boss.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 01:52 pm
Heeven
Heeven, I fell asleep in my chair as the auction was underway and don't know what happened after. Is this a symption of a boring show? SNORE!

Who won and who got fired?

BBB
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 03:17 pm
Jessie got fired. Omarosa chose the two other women - Jessie and Heidi. I have to admit Jessie was the weakest on the project, although Kwame didn't shine either with his efforts. Anyway Omarosa insulted both Jessie and Heidi in the boardroom front of Trump and even though Omarosa was rude (and Trump repeated this several times) apparently he was more disappointed with Jessie for allowing Omarosa to get away with being so rude that she got the can.
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 04:58 pm
You wouldn't want anyone as your boss if they were on that show. The things you would see. As said before no one is good infront of a camara 24/7
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 05:07 pm
You got that right. I'd hate to see how I'd be perceived as a result of being caught on tape and other people editing for public amusement.
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2004 01:19 am
BlueMonkey wrote:
Heeven
Only for people who are up tight. It is a TV show. They were daring enough to go on it. They took a risk. That is what many people like. It is good to see this many facets of them. Also it means they have strong skin. They knew what was going to happen, reality tv has been on a while, so they knew the kind of comments that would come. Tough skin is good for the business and ability to take all kinds of crap from a hating public.

I agree with Heeven. Regardless of how their decision to go on a reality show may be perceived, it is the the impression (or lack of one) they make in front of the camera that counts. Consider a CEO looking for an executive and one of the applicants is from this show. Consider that the CEO has seen this show. The applicant made a less than stellar impression to the viewing audience on this show. Certainly the CEO would realize a person will likely not always be seen in the best light on reality t.v., but do you think they would want to risk the chance that what they viewed on t.v. is a true reflection, rather than just a rough day? I think the CEO would not hire such a person. Then again, it's unlikely a CEO would watch this tripe anyhow. *L*

As for taking crap from a hating public, I don't think those people high up the ladder of corporate business would have much contact, if any, with the public.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2004 08:52 am
Well I am pleased to see Tammy go, although I think Omarosa was lucky that her team won the challenge or her butt might have been booted to the street last night.
0 Replies