New York New York!

jcboy

Wed 7 Dec, 2011 03:35 pm
@Ragman,
Michele Bachmann got verbally bitch slapped by an 8 year old boy. Serves her right.

failures art

Wed 7 Dec, 2011 04:49 pm
@jcboy,
I have the same headphones as that kid. Either he or his mother have excellent taste in stylist electronics.

A
R
Tunes to listen to after meeting Bachman: Jay-Z - 99 problems
jcboy

Thu 22 Dec, 2011 05:40 pm
@failures art,
In the tradition of walking a mile in another's shoes, this man should be gay for a month and see what his son finds attractive. Since changing sexuality is obviously like changing a shirt, we can all do it. Pat should test the waters as well. My mom used to say to me, you don't have to eat everything on your plate, but you at least have to try it. No takers! Maybe it isn't a choice.

I am no more capable of changing my sexuality than I am changing the color of my skin, in fact I might be more successful changing my skin color!

Quote:
Televangelist Pat Robertson insists that gay people can "un-acquire" their homosexuality during an appearance on CBN's The 700 Club.

http://www.advocate.com/News/Daily_News/2011/12/21/Pat_Robertson_Tells_Man_His_Gay_Son_Can_Unacquire_Homosexuality/
realjohnboy

Thu 22 Dec, 2011 05:49 pm
@jcboy,
I find it more than a bit grating, jc, that this kid - an 8 year old - was cajoled by his mom to "catch" Bachmann on YouTube.
jcboy

Thu 22 Dec, 2011 06:03 pm
@realjohnboy,
I have to agree! What the mother did with her child appeared to be using the child to be confrontational. I think kids have every place in this movement with their families but using a video recorder to capture the shot of your supportive son barely able to speak or look in the eyes made it look irresponsible. I hope people don't use it to portray all gay parents.
0 Replies

jcboy

Fri 23 Dec, 2011 09:16 pm
"The fact that the governing majority in a State has traditionally viewed a particular practice as immoral is not a sufficient reason for upholding a law prohibiting the practice." Lawrence v. Texas

It takes one person to make a difference.

http://www.metroweekly.com/poliglot/2011/12/john-geddes-lawrence-of-lawren.html
0 Replies

jcboy

Sat 24 Dec, 2011 06:19 am
It is somewhat ironic that so many of the very loudest defenders of "traditional" marriage are the worst at keeping their vows. I genuinely want to see the religious have better morals than the rest of us, but just don't see it in practice.

Thy rod and thy staffer comfort me? Smile

Quote:
Minnesota Senate Majority Leader Amy Koch's resignation amidst allegations she engaged in an "inappropriate relationship" with an unnamed male Senate staffer has prompted an apology from her state's lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/23/amy-koch-affair-scandal-lgbt-community-apology-_n_1167644.html

Finn dAbuzz

Sun 1 Jan, 2012 02:20 am
@jcboy,
There are certainly notable examples of proponents of traditional marriage who have not lived up to their vows but it's a real stretch to suggest that "so many of the very loudest defenders...are the worst at keeping their vows."

Clearly this is simply an impression you have formed based upon your personal bias.

I'm good with same sex marriages, but I don't see how opposing them necessarily demands fidelity in the relationships of the opponents.

If the opponent's argument is based on morality then he or she would be wide open to charges of hypocrisy, if fidelity was of no value in their relationships.

All arguments for traditional marriage, however, are not based on morality.

Promoting traditional marriage between a man and a woman is a very conservative concept. Traditional marriages have been the norm for thousands of years, and if one believes that the basic family unit is the building block of societies, one is likely to be concerned about fiddling with its basic construction.

Why do you want to see "the religious" have better morals than "the rest of us?"

There is an implication here that you expect immorality from the non-religious, but are disappointed when those who claim to be religious make the same mistakes. You're not a closet zealot are you?

Since when are "the religious" required to be saints?

While their religiosity may compel them to strive harder for a thoroughly moral life, it certainly doesn't provide (nor demands) assurance that they will succeed.

Those who genuinely strive to abide by a moral code and fail have not proven themselves to be immoral hypocrites, but human. Is it, somehow, preferable for those who fail a test of morality to have never strived to pass it?

Is it somehow honorable for the immoral among us to engage in their anti-social behavior while refuting any moral code?

This is the sort of bent philosophy of which so many Liberals seem bound to promote:

If you make no pretense to being moral, your immorality is at least authentic and in some way admirable.

On the other hand if you subscribe to a moral code and come up short in terms of compliance, you are a hypocrite and somehow worse that the guy described above.

What is truly ironic in terms of this issue is that while legally recognized same sex marriages are a Holy Grail for Liberals, stable, long term marriages are not.

Before too long, same sex marriages will be generally accepted, and become something of a norm. Once that happens however, the novelty will have worn off and we will see just as many gay people with multiple, frivolous marriages as we now see with heterosexuals.

How ironic that in an age when so many heterosexual couples don't see a whole lot of substantive value in marriage, homosexual couples feel they have to fight for the right.

By and large, homosexual couples are not really different than their heterosexual counterparts. I doubt they are any more or less inclined to infidelity, nor perceive, to a greater degree, that marriage is a sanctified holy union of two people.

Once they win and get to marry they will quickly slip into the statistical pattern of heterosexual couples. Divorces will be common place and "living together" will be favored prerequisite to wedlock.

Oh how we long for that which we cannot have.

izzythepush

Sun 1 Jan, 2012 05:43 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
I'm good with same sex marriages, but I don't see how opposing them necessarily demands fidelity in the relationships of the opponents.

You sound like a side dish.
Finn dAbuzz

Mon 2 Jan, 2012 04:51 pm
@izzythepush,
I'm quite piquant.
0 Replies

jcboy

Thu 5 Jan, 2012 07:23 pm
Very Well said!

Adam4Adam

Fri 24 Feb, 2012 08:06 pm
@jcboy,
Hey sexy, haven't seen you around in a while, text me!
hawkeye10

Sat 25 Feb, 2012 02:24 am
@Adam4Adam,
Adam4Adam wrote:

Hey sexy, haven't seen you around in a while, text me!

did you miss the memo? That boy is hitched, and he claims that he does not sleep around.
Adam4Adam

Sat 25 Feb, 2012 08:29 am
@hawkeye10,
I’m familiar with his relationship status. Text me isn’t gay slang for a hook up.
0 Replies

BeachBoy

Sat 25 Feb, 2012 12:29 pm
Morgan was never the hook up kind of boy, trust me it's not like I didn't try.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Sat 25 Feb, 2012 05:11 pm
Who is Morgan? We're talking about Jeff and Larry here.
Adam4Adam

Sat 25 Feb, 2012 05:52 pm
@Butrflynet,
Larry is one of my best pals! Smile
0 Replies

jcboy

Sun 26 Feb, 2012 09:14 pm
New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is a piece of garbage. He has vetoed the marriage equality bill passed by both houses of the NJ legislature. He wants the issue to go before the general public. Listen, shithead, the PEOPLE elect legislators to PASS LEGISLATION. They did that. You decided to take a political stand and score points with conservative Republicans by vetoing it. Governor Christie has officially begun his campaign for president in 2016.
Rockhead

Sun 26 Feb, 2012 09:15 pm
@jcboy,
who would wanna get married in Jersey, anyways...?
jcboy

Sun 26 Feb, 2012 09:16 pm
@Rockhead,
Isn't that the smelly state? Wink