New York New York!

ossobuco

Mon 25 May, 2015 12:45 pm
@jcboy,
Saw a headline earlier today about Italy being next.

I figure that would be a wild and wooly mess of situational difficulties.. town by town, region by region, mafia by mafia, politicians romping.. the vatican popping..

Where is Fellini now that we miss him so..

I need to see Amarcord again.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Mon 25 May, 2015 12:56 pm
Bobby Jindal: "Every time someone takes a sip of Guinness, a part of straight marriage dies."

Louisiana Breaks Off Trade Relations with Ireland - The New Yorker
Following Ireland’s legalization of gay marriage, Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal has used his emergency powers to ban all Irish products from the state.
WWW.NEWYORKER.COM|BY ANDY BOROWITZ
0 Replies

jcboy

Thu 28 May, 2015 05:04 pm
Does anyone even care what this common criminal thinks? Cool

Well, this is a problem with the majority of Americans that now support marriage equality.

Tom DeLay: Americans Must 'Rise Up' Against SCOTUS If It Rules For Marriage Equality

Quote:
Former House GOP leader Tom DeLay stopped by Houston talk radio host Sam Malone’s show last week to discuss his efforts to stay active in politics since leaving the House of Representatives in a cloud of corruption accusations, or, as Malone called it, “the persecution of Tom DeLay.”

DeLay said that despite attempts to “destroy him,” he is still “working on all kinds of political angles and issues,” such as his work with far-right activist Janet Porter convincing Sen. Ted Cruz and Rep. Steve King to introduce bills in Congress that would block the Supreme Court from ruling on same-sex marriage.

“The Supreme Court is about to put out a ruling on marriage and they have no jurisdiction to do so, they shouldn’t have even heard this case, they have no right to redefine marriage and hopefully the American people will rise up and really undermine the legitimacy of the Supreme Court,” DeLay said.

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Thu 28 May, 2015 06:57 pm
DeLay was guilty, but Republicans reversed a Democrat's court.
0 Replies

jcboy

Sun 31 May, 2015 07:14 pm
Think about it very carefully America, do you want a President that goes against Supreme Court decisions and pushes his/her own agenda and not the rule of law? If so then you believe in a dictatorship and not democracy. Sad state of affairs if the Republicans win the election but it's not like this halfwit will ever live in the White House. Cool

Rick Santorum Will Fight The Supreme Court If It Legalizes Gay Marriage

Quote:
Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum said on Sunday that if the Supreme Court legalizes gay marriage later this year, he would dispute the decision, saying that the court "doesn't have the final word."

"Of course I'd fight it," he said on NBC's "Meet the Press." "Roe versus Wade was decided 30 some years ago, and I continue to fight that, because I think the court got it wrong. And I think if the court decides this case in error, I will continue to fight, as we have on the issue of life ... We're not bound by what nine people say in perpetuity."

Santorum justified his stance by arguing that the executive and legislative branches are obligated to challenge the judicial branch.

http://media1.s-nbcnews.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Video/__NEW/2015-05-31T13-30-58-1Z--1280x720.video_560x315.jpg
jcboy

Mon 1 Jun, 2015 04:28 pm
@jcboy,
Hmm seems there is a significant number of divorced heterosexual couples, which split family loyalties and feelings. Then there are those hetero families who are sticking it out or the children but the kids can sense what is going on. How can he quantify that gays have any less loving family units than heterosexuals? Seems presidential qualifying thought processes and conclusions should be based on verifiable facts. Is it even possible he could be dumber then is brother?

Jeb Bush Says Same-Sex Couples Can’t Provide Loving Families, Believes in Legalizing Discrimination

Quote:
After reading his newest comments, it’s safe to say that Bush has firmly embedded himself in the tangled web of the Evangelical Christian right, hoping to win over their votes while not giving a damn about equal rights. Not only did Bush say that he doesn’t believe gay Americans should have the right to marry, but he basically said that they can’t be loving parents or provide good families for children. “I don’t, but I’m not a lawyer, and clearly this has been accelerated at a warp pace,” Bush said when asked if he thought marriage was a Constitutional right. “To imagine how we’re going to succeed in our country unless we have committed family life, a child-centered family system, is hard to imagine,” he continued. “Irrespective of the Supreme Court ruling, because they’re going to decide whatever they decide, and I don’t know what they’re going to do, we need to be stalwart supporters of traditional marriage.” Oh, but it gets even worse. “If we want to create a right-to-rise society, where people, particularly children born in poverty, if we want to have them have a chance we should be—a core American value,” Bush said, “we have to restore committed, loving family life with a mom and a dad loving their children with their heart and soul.” In other words, according to Jeb, gay couples apparently can’t provide loving, stable homes for children. Apparently he believes they also lack the ability to love “their children with their heart and soul.” And going by these comments, he seems to think that marriage equality will eventually lead to the downfall of the United States since he doesn’t understand how “we’re going to succeed in our country unless we have a committed family life” – which he clearly doesn’t believe gay parents can provide. He also went on to say that “absolutely” businesses should have the right to discriminate against homosexuals based on religious beliefs.

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Mon 1 Jun, 2015 04:37 pm
Seems guys like Jeb Bush and Rick Santorum ought to consider the fact that a significant number of homosexuals lobbying for same sex marriage...were born to heterosexual parents.

That should be factored in.

Know what I mean!
jcboy

Mon 1 Jun, 2015 07:13 pm
@Frank Apisa,
He used to not be so far to the right when he was governor of Florida, particularly on religious matters. Now he’s just playing up to the Fundamentalist base, which is a no win situation IMO.
Frank Apisa

Tue 2 Jun, 2015 03:01 am
@jcboy,
They simply have no shame.

Our governor, Chris Christie, is reversing himself on so many issues it is becoming a merry-go-round. He became governor in a predominantly blue state by being as sane as a Republican can be on issues...but now that he want to be president, he has had to cave in to the bat-**** crazy element.

It is not a pretty sight.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
jcboy

Tue 9 Jun, 2015 03:56 pm
Good. Close all the hypocrite churches. Let's give them the insanity they keep predicting. Seize guns too. Why is it always the republicans? Idiots! Cool

GOP Senator: Churches Could Be Forced To Close If Supreme Court Rules For Same-Sex Marriage

Quote:
Watch as one Republican Senator wildly fear-mongers about what "could" happen if the Supreme Court finds a right to marriage equality.

EqualityFLSTPete

Fri 26 Jun, 2015 08:37 am
Free at last! Very Happy

Gay Marriage legal in all 50 States!
tsarstepan

Fri 26 Jun, 2015 09:53 am
@EqualityFLSTPete,
This a2k hamsters won't mind if I double publish this glorious sentiment in this thread!
http://i62.tinypic.com/3329ys5.jpg
0 Replies

Sloan

Fri 26 Jun, 2015 06:33 pm
@jcboy,
Happy Prude Morgan. Love you bunches!
0 Replies

jcboy

Sat 8 Aug, 2015 08:42 am
There's Hope: Couple Marries After 45 Years Together

Quote:
If this doesn't give you hope in love nothing else will. After 46 years of love and commitment, Lewis Duckett and Billy Jones publicly tied the knot at New York's Riverside Church.

The pair has reportedly been together since the days of the Vietnam War, with Jones having been deployed during his first year in the military.

http://post.aazah.com/sites/post.aazah.com/files/styles/noded/public/field/image/video-vows-duckett-jones-videoSixteenByNine1050-v2.jpg?itok=fw6XbsGh

http://post.aazah.com/sites/post.aazah.com/files/b9b5ef8881e7ca864193a85f964dfa50.jpg
0 Replies

jcboy

Sat 11 Mar, 2017 09:12 am
So far, gay marriages are lasting on average longer than straight marriages. So some religious people are getting cranky and claiming (as they generally do) that marriage is "under attack" in some mysterious way, when the reality is just that we're doing your **** better than you. Cool

http://oi66.tinypic.com/357kepv.jpg
0 Replies