How should I approach someone I met on YouTube to apologize to him?

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2011 05:39 pm
I met someone on YouTube. He blocked me from responding to his videos. I unintentionally offended him- he took what I said the wrong way and blocked me. I thought about what I said, and I want to apologize to him for coming off as sounding rude and abrupt and for sounding like a jerk. I want to patch things up with him. I did not make a good first impression when he saw my comments to one of his videos and when I tried to talk to him. He has a Face-book page and a personal email address he uses. How should I contact him to apologize to him, and what should I say to him? I would like to be friends with him, and I would like to be able to comment to his videos again. Please help- thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 4,521 • Replies: 50

jcboy

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2011 06:22 pm
@JGoldman10,
Just be honest, tell him you’re Christian and you just can’t help yourself from being rude and obnoxious. I’m sure he’ll understand.
JGoldman10

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2011 06:38 pm
@jcboy,
Are you serious or trolling?
jcboy

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2011 06:40 pm
@JGoldman10,
Of course I'm serious, I don't do trolls.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2011 06:42 pm
I am going to wait for OTHERS to respond.

The first thing I would do is admit to the guy I was wrong for being so abrupt and brash towards him, and that it was not my intention to offend him.
Reyn

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2011 07:46 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:
... The first thing I would do is admit to the guy I was wrong for being so abrupt and brash towards him, and that it was not my intention to offend him.

Will you be doing that for us poor folks here at A2K as well?
Sturgis

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2011 08:16 pm
@JGoldman10,
Leave him alone, the best way to show true contrition is by not stalking. Do you really think that going after him on facebook or through a personal e-mail is the way to handle it? You made a mistake and offended (gee what a surprise), he blocked you, that means at least for now he doesn't want any contact from you. If you insist on chasing after him he may try legal actions against you.

Say! There's an idea! In about 10-15 years after you are released following the conviction for stalking and harassment, maybe your parole officer will be able to offer you some advice.

Seriously, get past the error and let the man live his life in peace.
JGoldman10

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2011 09:27 pm
I will wait a while, and then PM him or talk to him via Youtube. I WISH to contact him.

I did something WRONG- it is BEST to MAKE AMENDS. That is what JESUS would do.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2011 09:32 pm
This is what I was told, by two people:

1. if you can, contact them on their facebook and/or email. and if you cant, then try to ask another youtuber to send them a message saying you apologize and didnt mean to

2. You should approach someone whom you met on YouTube to apologize to him for offending him with a comment by mailing them an apology. Say how you took time to fit into his shoe and understand how he must have felt for what you said. Then make a positive comment in the apology by posting on his Facebook page how you are looking forward to have a good relationship with him.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2011 10:20 pm
@Sturgis,
You are an IDIOT and a PESSIMIST WHO DOESN'T KNOW WHAT IN THE WORLD HE IS TALKING ABOUT. I WISH to BUSINESS with him- he has something I am interested in. You are NOT HELPING by SPEWING NEGATIVITY.

I made a MISTAKE AND I AM GOING TO MAKE AMENDS. THAT IS WHAT JESUS WOULD DO. I GAVE HIM THE WRONG IMPRESSION ABOUT ME AND I WANT TO PATCH THINGS UP WITH HIM.
JGoldman10

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2011 10:23 pm
@Reyn,
I have you and those UNCIRCUMSIZED PHILISTINES Sturgis and Farmerman ON IGNORE FOR A REASON.

When you people:

STOP TRYING TO CONDEMN ME, STOP TRYING TO STICK YOUR NOSE IN MY PERSONAL BUSINESS, STOP TRYING TO PIN SOME MESS ON ME, STOP TRYING TO ANTAGONIZE ME AND STOP TRYING TO FIND FAULT WITH WHAT I AM DOING, STOP TRYING TO PROMPT ME TO GO OFF, AND STOP TRYING TO MAKE ME LOOK LIKE I AM THE BAD GUY HERE, THEN WE'LL TALK.

AND THAT GOES FOR PEOPLE LIKE BUTERFLYNET AND JESPAH.

I AM NOT GOING TO GET ANGRY AND I DON'T HAVE TO.
JGoldman10

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2011 10:34 pm
@Sturgis,
IT IS OBVIOUS YOU DO NOT LIKE ME - KEEP YOUR NEGATIVE COMMENTS TO YOURSELF. YOU ARE ON MY IGNORE LIST.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2011 10:48 pm
If you want to BUSINESS with SOMEONE it is PROFESSIONAL COURTESY to admit when you made a mistake and apologize to that person and patch things up with them.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 02:36 am
@Sturgis,
IN JESUS NAME I DO NOT RECEIVE WHAT YOU ARE SAYING TO ME.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 02:38 am
Like I said, if I was a jerk to someone and unintentionally offended them, it is of my best interest to APOLOGIZE and MAKE AMENDS and PATCH THINGS UP with them if I WANT TO BUSINESS WITH THEM.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 04:05 am
I can see why he blocked you lol
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 08:33 am
@JGoldman10,
Jgoldman10 wrote:
I GAVE HIM THE WRONG IMPRESSION ABOUT ME[/quote ]
Sure ya did.

jgoldman10 wrote:
I have you and those UNCIRCUMSIZED PHILISTINES Sturgis and Farmerman ON IGNORE FOR A REASON.

How can I break this news to him, I am neither a Philistine nor uncircumcised, oh the curses of being on Goldie's ignore list. even though he keeps responding directly to me as is seen here:

jgoldman10 wrote:

YOU ARE ON MY IGNORE LIST.
Oh, okay.

jgoldman10 wrote:

IN JESUS NAME I DO NOT RECEIVE WHAT YOU ARE SAYING TO ME.
Most likely due to me being on your ignore list.

0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 08:54 am
More funny stuff. Smile
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 08:56 am
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
I AM NOT GOING TO GET ANGRY ...

But you just did ... Sad
Sturgis

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 09:03 am
@wmwcjr,
he's a heathen....oops, I meant a Christian so it's hey diddley diddley fine-o-riddley. After all Heyzeus (better known as Jesus) got all bent out of shape and tossed tables at the temple and still got a clean slate.