How should I approach someone I met on YouTube to apologize to him?

Reyn

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 09:55 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:
When you people:

... STOP TRYING TO STICK YOUR NOSE IN MY PERSONAL BUSINESS, ...

JGoldman10 wrote:
... How should I contact him to apologize to him, and what should I say to him? ...
[...]
Please help
JGoldman10

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 11:05 am
@Reyn,
You know DARN WELL WHAT I MEAN- TRYING TO FIND FAULT WITH WHAT I DID- TRYING TO CONDEMN ME FOR FOR NEGATIVITY.
Reyn

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 11:50 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

You know DARN WELL WHAT I MEAN- TRYING TO FIND FAULT WITH WHAT I DID- TRYING TO CONDEMN ME FOR FOR NEGATIVITY.

It appears your Ignore button is broken, but then so are your records.

http://rlv.zcache.com/broken_record_magnet-p147685660097810230qjy4_400.jpg
wmwcjr

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 11:55 am
@Sturgis,
I'm a Christian, but I don't go around calling people names. Although I fail at times (being human), I believe in being considerate of others.

Since we live in a pluralistic society, sometimes we (including yours truly) are exposed to points of view we'd rather not hear. The offending party may actually mean well and, indeed, speak out of a sense of duty. Anyway, such as it is ...

Unlike JGoldman10 and the rest of the human race, Jesus was God in the flesh. When he drove the moneychangers out of the Temple, he was manifesting righteous indignation. The moneychangers had profaned the Temple by conducting business that should have been done outside the Temple precincts; and, besides, they were also defrauding the Temple worshippers. So, he did not sin by driving the moneychangers out of the Temple.

With that concluded, I shall now return to my self-chosen role of online clown and mild poster with the intention of offending no one ... Smile
wmwcjr

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 12:04 pm
@Reyn,
Laughing
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 12:04 pm
@Reyn,
Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 12:19 pm
@Reyn,
TRYING TO PIN SOME MESS ON ME AND HOLDING IT AGAINST ME. TRYING TO "VOLUNTEER" SOMETHING ABOUT ME. PICKING AT ME LIKE A SADISTIC VULTURE IS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 12:24 pm
Goldman - your need to "apologize" does not come from a pure heart.

You want to do business with him - in other words, USE this person for your own gain.

So you are desperate to make up to this person so you can have your way.

I wonder - if you did not need him - whether or not you would even care what you said.

I suggest that you move on from this experience and LEARN from it.
JGoldman10

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 12:25 pm
@wmwcjr,
Sturgis is a TROLL. HE is HOPING I was going to get mad at what he said. I DID NOT GET MAD.

Stalking someone IMPLIES finding someone with the intent of doing something malicious. I do not know his personal mailing address and phone number, and he doesn't know mine. I AM NOT A HACKER.

He has his e-mail listed on his FACEBOOK page which is THEREFORE PUBLIC INFORMATION.

I made some comments and he responded, and I responded back at one of his Youtube videos. He misinterpeted what I said to him. I DIDN'T THREATEN HIM WITH PHYSICAL HARM.

I am not doing something WRONG by WANTING TO APOLOGIZE TO SOMEONE FOR UNINTENTIONALLY OFFENDED THEM. I WANT TO BE FREIENDS WITH HIM- I DID NOT MAKE A GOOD FIRST IMPRESSION WITH HIM.

I was asking for some help - IF STURGIS DOES NOT HAVE ANYTHING CONSTRUCTIVE TO SAY HE SHOULD KEEP IT TO HIMSELF.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 12:26 pm
@wmwcjr,
Hi- do you have any advice as to how I should contact him and as to what to say to him to patch things up with him?
JGoldman10

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 12:26 pm
@PUNKEY,
I WANT TO BE FRIENDS WITH THIS GUY AND RESPOND TO HIS VIDEOS. IT WAS NOT MY INTENTION TO OFFEND HIM.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 12:30 pm
@PUNKEY,
There is a DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BEING DELIBERATELY OFFENSIVE AND/OR TELLING SOMEONE OFF AND BEING UNITNETIONALLY OFFENSIVE. I WAS NOT TRYING TO OFFEND HIM- HIS MISCONSTRUED IT AS SUCH.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 12:30 pm
But you did!!

And he blocked you . . .

So move on . . .

Stop having a temper tantrum over this.
JGoldman10

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 12:32 pm
@PUNKEY,
I WANT TO MAKE AMENDS. WHAT IS THE PROBLEM? I AM NOT GETTING MAD.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 12:32 pm
@PUNKEY,
IF YOU AREN'T GOING TO HELP I AM GOING TO IGNORE YOU.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 12:38 pm
Sometimes I come across as being gruff and/or aggressive and others intrerpret that as being nasty, when I am not trying to be.
JGoldman10

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 12:42 pm
I if THOUGHT the guy was going to be OFFENDED by what I said to him, I WOULD NOT HAVE SAID IT.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 12:52 pm
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:

But you did!!

And he blocked you . . .

So move on . . .

Stop having a temper tantrum over this.

JGoldman10 wrote:

IF YOU AREN'T GOING TO HELP I AM GOING TO IGNORE YOU.

Punkey has helped you. You're just blind to it.

Besides, you can't ignore anybody. Your Ignore button is broken, remember?
wmwcjr

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 12:54 pm
@JGoldman10,
Sorry, but I confess to nearly total ignorance on this matter. I don't know of any way to contact someone who has blocked you off, unless a moderator or an admin is able to deliver a message for you to the offended party. (Check FAQ, if available, I guess.) I know even less about finding one's way about Facebook. The only reason I've gone to that website has been to hopefully find someone I haven't seen in decades. As far as making an apology, a sincere expression from the heart that isn't too long should be sufficient. If the offended party won't forgive, that's his problem. Wish I had more to say to help you. Good luck.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 01:10 pm
@JGoldman10,
Perhaps you need to reinvent or reform your online personality. I'm serious. I've done that myself in the forum of this website. When you start posting online, your inhibitions are removed. This happens because you can't see the person with whom you're communicating. So, you need to recall and remember your standards of how you treat people in real life or how you should treat others. You apply the Golden Rule to the way you respond to others online. Now, I'm not accusing you of this; I'm just using this as an example: If you're a gentle person not given to meanspiritedness, then you don't take the role of an online bully. Not unless you're a bully in real life.
0 Replies