BDV

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 06:31 pm
It seems to me that the world has gone completely insane!! or are they just stupid?

Some examples:
Most people believe everything the media brain washes them with!
People believe that governments don't lie!
Nor religions!
or scientists!

wheres the truth? if it doesn't fit in what we are being told, then its not told, what is that all about?

When is the world going to wake up and realise that deceiving the majority is a fact of life, not a Radom occurrence. Will we ever know the truth about anything in this ever changing planet?

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 06:35 pm
@BDV,
When I saw the title of the thread I thought oh cool, someone is doing a goofy spoof, a lighthearted thing. Though I have to agree in some respects, I don't think it is that people are generally stupid.

I think it's just everyone has been pretty much desensitized. It's like an medical examiner. After they autopsy so many bodies there is no longer any feeling connected. They become so used to it that they are desensitized to it.

Not everyone is that way, not everyone is stupid.............it's just part of reality. Sucks sometimes I know.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 06:51 pm
people are afraid of original thought.
Then that gives them a level of responsibility they are too numb to accept.
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 07:10 pm
@BDV,
I guess you hold the monopoly on truth, right?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 08:12 pm
@BDV,
People are stupid; it's proven every day by people who spend more on junk than the necessities, and end up paying high interest rates on their credit cards. People go into debt, and can't make their payments. People vote for the dumbest candidates, because they love one-liners that seems to make sense, but doesn't have any depth of understanding or thought.

Look who we elect as our government representatives; they fight for their political cause forgetting that they are there to work for the people, and to improve our lives. They prefer war over building up our infrastructure, and taking care of our own who have lost jobs and homes. Our country is involved in three wars; Libya is costing the American taxpayer $10 million every day while we cut funding for our schools, our police, and fire departments.

It's a crazy world, because people are stupid!
0 Replies

laughoutlood

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 08:44 pm
@BDV,
And as luck would have it, a beautiful day.

Quote:
It's a crazy world, because people are stupid!

Almost made me ...
roger

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 09:12 pm
@laughoutlood,
LOL
0 Replies

Optimistic Pessimist

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2011 04:30 am
@BDV,
Speaking of stupidity, you can't spell random.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2011 04:51 am
@Optimistic Pessimist,
Optimistic Pessimist wrote:
WELCOME to the forum.

David
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2011 08:10 am
@Optimistic Pessimist,
Optimistic Pessimist wrote:

I am sure BDV knows how to spell random. I am quite sure it is what is known as a typo. You didn't seem to have a problem knowing what word it was supposed to be.
Ragman

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2011 08:59 am
@Arella Mae,
Speaking of more irony, check out his other post: http://able2know.org/topic/173603-1#post-4644696
Setanta

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2011 09:00 am
@Ragman,
Don't be so quick to judgment . . . maybe his grandmother needs to improve her character . . .
Ragman

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2011 09:02 am
@Setanta,
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2011 09:06 am
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

Speaking of more irony, check out his other post: http://able2know.org/topic/173603-1#post-4644696
That is why we shouldn't throw stones when we live in glass houses! Laughing
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2011 09:07 am
And people who live in grass houses shouldn't stow thrones.
Arella Mae

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2011 09:22 am
@Setanta,
Laughing
0 Replies

BDV

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2011 02:44 pm
@Optimistic Pessimist,
don't be so aggravating, bothersome, disturbing, irritating, troublesome, and vexatious.
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2011 04:00 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:
I am sure BDV knows how to spell random. I am quite sure it is what is known as a typo. You didn't seem to have a problem knowing what word it was supposed to be.
Perfectly stated. And I thought pointing out spelling errors and the like was reserved for last resort arguments in the politics and religion threads.
Mame

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2011 05:46 pm
@thack45,
No, it's mainly reserved for juveniles and people who are insecure and for those who have nothing to add but don't want to be left out.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2011 05:50 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

And people who live in grass houses shouldn't stow thrones.

Or throw lit matches....
0 Replies