Setanta

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2011 06:40 pm
Why are people so stupid?

Just to piss you off.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2011 06:56 pm
@Setanta,
Seems to me like they like to piss themselves off too! LOL

They want to cut government spending to reduce our funding for schools, police, and fire departments.

They don't want to pay more in taxes.

It's okay to spend billions every week on the three wars though.
shewolfnm

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2011 07:13 pm
@cicerone imposter,
only three?
ha
there is also this unseen , worthless money laundering highway called the war on drugs too.

i dont know that i would complain too much about paying more taxes honestly.. my complaint is that I am taxed sometimes 4 individual times on ONE item, or one dollar I should say. When we are taxed once, that should be it . With that, we can PAY more taxes instead of going into debt because of a reduced income due TO too being taxed many times.

I think we have more money in our nation then we need honestly. We just need people to stop getting into office to pad their own pockets and start using the money correctly. The examples of things that can be changed are endless

but, in order to get that done, you would need to unplug society from fox news, flashing bright tv screens that give false information and attempt to provoke original thought.
Bah. Good luck with that.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2011 08:06 am
@shewolfnm,
shewolfnm wrote:

people are afraid of original thought.
Then that gives them a level of responsibility they are too numb to accept.
People are incapable of original thought... Even imaginary animals are made of the bits and pieces of other animals.... Writers send characters into the future or into space to act exactly like they act here... Creativity lies in seeing the new in the old, drawing the real out of the unreal... But the truely new is a phantom of insanity... All great philosophers and scientists were on the outside looking in, excluded, and outlaw, and many are yet today years after they are dead and gone...

Let me tell you of one leader: Adolph Hitler... He thought of the public as so many women, and he held women in contempt as stupid, and he must have been right on both counts in his country since the women and public adored him... And what did he give them??? His economy was feudalism, and his idea of history was constant warfare... He gave his Germany a great big dose of the past... That is all we do... All history is a change of forms... When we changed from tents to houses we were changing forms... We could not lose the form completely because the form reflected our needs, our nature which we could not change... It is the same with economies and governments, that each reflects our needs and our abilities to supply those needs... We do not need the government we have and we certainly do not need an older version of government that never did work... We do not need this economy or a version that never worked in the past... We need new, but we will never find new without becoming insane with the old forms that do not work or give us what we need...
Arella Mae

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2011 08:14 am
@Fido,
Fido wrote:

People are incapable of original thought... Even imaginary animals are made of the bits and pieces of other animals.... Writers send characters into the future or into space to act exactly like they act here... Creativity lies in seeing the new in the old, drawing the real out of the unreal... But the truely new is a phantom of insanity... All great philosophers and scientists were on the outside looking in, excluded, and outlaw, and many are yet today years after they are dead and gone...

If people were incapable of original thought kindly explain to me how anything was invented? What in the world does "the truely new is a phantom of insanity" mean?
BDV

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2011 08:40 am
“Original thought”, wouldn’t that be nice, imagine watching the news and actually seeing “News”, or people actually questioning some of the political main streams ideals.

I think the initial reaction to the post proves the point completely, people are stupid! one line answers and immediate degrading of the poster, this is exactly what happens when you tell people things like: “Global warming is based on dubious science”, “The world did not begin 6000 years ago”, “Governments are just thieves in suits”, “Illegal Drugs are less dangerous than legal ones”, basically anything which will immediately turn you into a “Conspiracy theorist” and instantly degrade your intelligence to one line answer aimed at insulting a monkey rather than human being who just has to question the official “positions” of state propaganda which is slowly eats away at individual free thought and personal freedoms.

Here in the UK you can no longer purchase more than 2 packets of pain killers in one payment, just encase you overdose on 3 by taking them all in one go! The law though does not stop you returning to the counter 2 minutes later and buying another 2, but people being “stupid overdoser’s” have yet to work this out.

Another example we have here is the “Anti-drug” campaign on television here, which after showing a horrific accident involving young people states “1 in 4 road fatalities involve DRUGS!!” now it only says the word “Drugs” not illegal drugs, so does this cover everything both illegal to legal? What do they classify as a “Drug”? if its illegal then the figure is far far too high, so it must be both, but I would say more than 1 in 4 people are on legal drugs in any given day, so making it less likely that you have an accident when on either, but if it is illegal drugs, and say you are the driver, the 4 occupants of your car are on drugs, you have an accident, they all die, do they become part of the figure? I would have say though the figure is just made up but the masses believe it because that is what they are told to believe.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2011 08:47 am
@Arella Mae,
You're tryin' to make a silk purse from a sow's ear, there, Darlin' . . .
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2011 08:54 am
Here's a no-brainer; CA spent $308 million for its death penalty criminals to execute less than 18 and house those death row. Get rid of the death penalty, and the state immediately saves millions.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2011 09:41 am
@cicerone imposter,
Government EXISTS to facilitate vengeance, not to save money.

If government fails to DO that,
then the moral right reverts to the aggrieved party, or his survivors.

David
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2011 09:47 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Thanx for the advice. I believe I will take it.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2011 09:50 am
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

Setanta wrote:

Thanx for the advice. I believe I will take it.
Fido is a hopelessly confused fellow.
Arella Mae

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2011 09:51 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Whether he is confused or not I have no clue. I do know his posts confuse the daylights out of me. Laughing
Fido

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2011 11:25 am
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

Fido wrote:

If people were incapable of original thought kindly explain to me how anything was invented? What in the world does "the truely new is a phantom of insanity" mean?

People invent in imitation, and then re-invent in imitation... I am original and creative... I am also mentally disturbed, given to wild jumps of imagination... There is at least some creative thinking related to schizophrenia... Genius may be a form insanity takes, but all is still roughly unoriginal, old ideas in new forms..
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2011 09:47 am
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:
Whether he is confused or not I have no clue.
I do know his posts confuse the daylights out of me.
Laughing
Well, now he says that he is "mentally disturbed" and he mentions schizophrenia.

How is JJ ?
Arella Mae

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2011 09:50 am
@OmSigDAVID,
JJ is growing bigger every single day. We finally have some rain and he has been having a blast playing with Lil Man and his buddy Buck. I seriously need to get some pictures and video done.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2011 02:13 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:
JJ is growing bigger every single day. We finally have some rain and he has been having a blast playing with Lil Man and his buddy Buck.

I seriously need to get some pictures and video done.
Yes; please do that.

David
0 Replies

newru21

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2017 11:45 pm
People are afraid of original thought.
Then that gives them a level of responsibility they are too numb to accept it.
And i hate the fake once.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2017 07:33 am
@newru21,
newru21 wrote:

And i hate the fake once.

You're behind the curve. You only hated on the fake once? I try to hate on fakes at least 5 times a day. Then again, that's just me. I'm an amateur in that hating game.
0 Replies