@realjohnboy,
sorry bout that

the double Week 13 has left me on the far side of befuddled

nothing new really

just a new area to be befuddled in
realjohnboy

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2011 02:20 pm
@ehBeth,
I am laying out the schedule for Week #15 - as soon as I find my pen - which will be posted on Monday. I will be looking for a new CoinToss. If anyone here wants to do it, and hasn't already, please let EhBeth or me know via pm. Or, if one of yall knows a "celebrity" A2Ker you can recruit, that could work also.

EDIT: I have a volunteer from one of the players here. That was fast! Thanks.
0 Replies

Coin-Toss

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2011 03:05 pm
It is great news about getting someone to help me next week.
As for Week #14, I agree with the majority on 8 of the 14 games that Johnboy wrote about. As for the so-called tossups, I have Tampa Bay @ Jax and the NYG @ Dal. It could be an excellent week for me. I am so excited.
0 Replies

Coin-Toss

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2011 04:34 pm
Just want to let you see next week's coin.

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/6620/doubloon.jpg
http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/1695/doubloontails.jpg

It's a Mardi Gras doubloon of the Krewe of Rex from 1971.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2011 04:54 pm
@Coin-Toss,
Oh look, another coin tosser who cares about coins! Cool...

Don't lose it..
spendius

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2011 06:12 pm
@ossobuco,
They are about $2,50 on e-bay osso. Not enough to buy a pint. Probably silver alloy.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2011 06:18 pm
I peeked ahead at Week #15. The Monday night game (Dec 18th) features Pittsburgh @ San Francisco. The matchups the last couple of weeks have been bad.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2011 06:20 pm
@ossobuco,
You brute. I don't care about coin value on some market. I like them for themselves.
spendius

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 05:32 am
@ossobuco,
There we differ osso as on so much else. I am concerned with the value of coins to the exclusion of all other considerations. Tourist tat I don't rate at all and it lowers the tone of this thread to employ such an item I feel. The sheer futility of Coin-Toss demands a high value of the flipped artefact. That one is a piece of junk. Futility needs to be expensive to satisfy our developed aesthetic sensibilities.

It's like seeing a lady in crimplene jogging bottoms. One purses one's lips at the sheer absence of refined taste.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 08:08 am
Good morning. I see this morning that there was a 6.5 mag earthquake in Mexico last evening; definitely felt in Mexico City for what have seemed like an interminable 45 seconds.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 09:11 am
@Coin-Toss,
Coin-Toss wrote:
It's a Mardi Gras doubloon of the Krewe of Rex from 1971.

kewl

Mr. Green
spendius

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 09:52 am
@ehBeth,
I thought it a not very roundabout method of having been a participant in that sweaty prelude to an orgy known as Mardi Gras (fat Tuesday) and one in the eye of the stick-in-the-muds like me who are content to give tourist fleecing a wide berth.

Being handed one I would try to get the silver paper off it in the hope there was chocolate inside.
Ragman

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 09:57 am
@ehBeth,
awesome coin. love it!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 09:58 am
@spendius,
chocolate wouldn't hurt, but I'd rather dream of a trip to Mardi Gras in New Orleans
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 11:13 am
Minnesota Vikings Set To Move To Salmon, Idaho (You heard it here first)

I was wandering around the news sites covering the NFL. As I understand it, several franchises may be looking to relocate, including St Louis, Jacksonville and Minnesota.
The lease on the stadium in Minnesota is set to expire in a few months and the team's owners want the state government to build them a new one. That would cost the state approximately a zillion dollars, which they seem to be reluctant to do, "don't you know" as they say in Minnesotan.
Some flunky in the Vikings' organization hints that there is a "mystery city" interested in taking it over and moving it to...someplace.
Rumored destinations include Portland, San Antonio, someplace in CA, Vancouver and London.
The Salmon Vikings?
George

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 11:18 am
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:
. . . The Salmon Vikings?
I'll bet their jerseys would be adorable.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 11:53 am
Looking at the stats for the 49'ers game, it looks like a pretty good match-up, but most of you have picked the 9'ers. I'm not so sure, although I want the 9'ers to win - of coarse!
spendius

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 11:59 am
@cicerone imposter,
Troll off ci. What is this thread got to do with you?
Ragman

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 12:01 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Yup, agreed, CI. It'll be really interesting to see how 49'ers do without injured Gore. Very talented and well coached team that they are. 49ers lead the NFL on run defense - holding opponents to 3.5 yd-per-rush attempt and will want to limit Cards Beanie Wells' rushing effectiveness.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 12:30 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Troll off ci. What is this thread got to do with you?

This thread has gotten over 22,000 views. How can that be? There are only 21 players picking in 14 weeks. Some of those players, like Rhys and Andy, are not members of A2K. Other players, I believe, view this thread perhaps once or twice a week to post their picks and see the results. So how did we get to 22,000 views?
Why is that, Spendius?
I don't know the answer, but I suspect that some people not playing (you call them "trolls") find this thread amusing to follow. Is that a problem for you?
You chased away one of my players and you are working on another. And now you seem to be demanding that no one see this thread unless they are playing.