The Fantasy Fantasy A2K NFL Pick-Um Thread for 2011-2012

ossobuco

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 12:38 pm
@realjohnboy,
Oof, I haven't read about that yet. Will go read..
I'm sure it's bringing back tough memories for some.
0 Replies

George

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 12:39 pm
GRONK!!!
Ragman

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 12:51 pm
@George,
Man, has that guy got balance and body control! Someone has to tell him that he's too tall to do that sort of stuff.

Wish Pats D was a lot tighter.
realjohnboy

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 01:06 pm
@Ragman,
Did you know that New England has never won in Washington?
Ragman

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 01:26 pm
@realjohnboy,
Sure - make my day more of a sweat-fest than it has become! I understand that Pats have only played two previous regular-season games (both Ls) at Washington.

This game is ugg-lee!

Oops they heard me. GRONK!

Oh, crap, I hate when Brady runs! if he HAS to run..would he just slide?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 01:48 pm
@realjohnboy,
Not at all John. Viewing is not the same as sticking your nose in. Why don't all the other viewers interfere. Because they have manners. ci. has called me a troll more times than is decent. And he predicted I would come bottom in my first year. Which as you know couldn't have been more wrong. And he advised us all to sell gold at $1495. Plus he's a complete idiot. He makes his sister cry banging on to her about atheism when devout and pious ladies are such a valuable asset.

Okay?

And I didn't chase panzade off either. He ducked a week. He had five days at least to catch the snap. And the QB has 2 seconds. Do you really want players who can take it or leave it?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 01:53 pm
@spendius,
spendi, Prove from cut and paste from any of my posts what you claim I said.

We've been through this many times, and you still haven't shown any proof!

Why are you spewing this bull **** on this thread? It's supposed to be about football.
Ticomaya

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 01:57 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
Not at all John. Viewing is not the same as sticking your nose in. Why don't all the other viewers interfere. Because they have manners.

Gotta disagree with you, spendi. c.i.'s participation here does not make him a troll. He's offering commentary that's relevant to the topic of the thread.

Quote:
Plus he's a complete idiot.

Even though that may be true, that doesn't make him a troll.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 02:08 pm
@Ticomaya,
Thanks, Tico. Actually, rjb and Coin Toss invited me to this thread. If I'm being a troll, spendi will have to blame rjb and Coin Toss. LOL
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 03:07 pm
Texans take the lead with 2 seconds to play.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 03:12 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
Plus he's a complete idiot.

If you are told that you are a troll and an idiot, you'll stop posting?

I wish I'd known that years ago.
realjohnboy

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 03:38 pm
@ehBeth,
Through the 10 games thus far, trolls and idiots, EhBeth is perfect.
McGentrix, Mysteryman, Region and Johnboy, lapping at her heels, are one game back.
Ticomaya

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 03:47 pm
Kolb is out and Skelton in for the Cardinals. Will it make any difference?

No, it will not.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 03:51 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:
EhBeth is perfect.

what what what

I must tell Setanta!

ohhhhhhhhhhh picks

carry on

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-6Y_vQctO_vk/Tj1rWsMVrWI/AAAAAAAAG64/FxlH-QxGrHU/s400/carry%2Bon%2Bgang.jpg
realjohnboy

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 03:57 pm
@ehBeth,
EhBeth. in that photo, is to the left. Right?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 04:02 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
It's supposed to be about football.

What are you doing on it then? You don't know anything about football. Writing sentences with "49ers" and "win" in them doesn't signify anything in particular. Girls can do that. And the only thing about football most of them know anything about is not covered in the Agony Aunt columns. Which hasn't stopped them cajoling their way onto the football programmes.

I bet you agree with that malarky about the honour being in playing the game rather than in winning. Nobody gets in the teams unless they play the game like hounds do when they catch the fox. Otherwise we wouldn't need all these officials.

The teams down the local park are just blowing the booze and smoke out of their lungs and having a rest from the family and they play to win. And a pitiful sight it is too. Especially when it is muddy.

And I'm cutting and pasting nothing. Somebody else proved the gold thing for me and I know you said you made your sister, or your wife, or your wife's sister, cry, with your atheist twaddle. It doesn't matter which lady it was. Making ladies cry is not right. They have quite sufficient to worry about as it is. One should try to make them laugh.

Anyway, on behalf of the crew, I invite you to play in the Pick-um game next season. And farmerman too. I would enjoy giving you both a good stuffing.

PS. How many officials are there in these games I see on TV?
spendius

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 04:09 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
If you are told that you are a troll and an idiot, you'll stop posting?

Nothing like that even bothers me never mind stops me Beth.

As far as I could see from A2K a troll was what anybody said was one. And if everybody who had been called an idiot had stopped posting A2K would be like a row of turtle doves cooing on a branch.

Congrats on your 10 nothing.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 04:17 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
Girls can do that. And the only thing about football most of them know anything about is not covered in the Agony Aunt columns.

That's just about the stupidest thing I've seen you write, and I've seen a lot.

Quote:
PS. How many officials are there in these games I see on TV?

More than 3. Go ahead and explain why this is inferior to soccer.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 06:04 pm
Denver ties with 59 yd field goal.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 06:15 pm
@Ticomaya,
Quote:
More than 3. Go ahead and explain why this is inferior to soccer.

Actually Tico I was thinking more on the lines of the superior game being the one with the most officials on the principle Aldous Huxley laid out in Brave New World and which he possibly derived from Thorstein Veblen's thesis that expensive futility is socially more acceptable than inexpensive futility such as I partake in.

The question is whether the rules of the game were drafted in order to require a large number of officials having careers lasting considerably longer than the players.

There are a lot more than 3 in our version of football. Wayne Rooney's recent game suspension was reduced from 3 games to 2 after an all day meeting in Geneva, or somewhere, which was attended by numerous officials and an eager media corps most of whom had flown in for the occasion. What the Greenies think about such things I can't imagine in view of the fact that the whole circus was posited on an unprovoked kick from behind which the victim made a theatrical performance of.

0 Replies