The Fantasy Fantasy A2K NFL Pick-Um Thread for 2011-2012

mysteryman

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2012 02:31 am
@realjohnboy,
I almost forgot my picks, thanks RJB for the reminder...

NY Jets
New England
Tennessee
Jacksonville x
Philadelphia
Chicago
New Orleans
San Francisco x
Green Bay
Cincinnati
Pittsburgh
Denver
Seattle
Oakland x
Atlanta
NY Giants 35-26

The picks with the x next to them are where my wife and I disagreed, the rest of them we agree on.
If I lose those 3 where we disagreed, she will never let me hear the end of it.
realjohnboy

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2012 02:39 am
@mysteryman,
My final nag of the season works out.
I did have a picture of mysteryman wearing little more then a lampshade on his head at the fire department's New Year's party. I will not post it.
I'll be back later today with the predictions for Week #17.
CowDoc

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2012 02:55 am
@realjohnboy,
No lampshades out here, rjb, but the Miz and I survived yet another New Year's Eve by spending seven hours on the local radio station playing 50's, 60's, and 70's rock'n'roll with a bevy of trivia questions to attempt to baffle the locals. Couldbe worse ways to spend the evening, I think. Hope all of you had as much fun as we did!
realjohnboy

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2012 06:43 am
@CowDoc,
Oh, yes. I remember you talking about that tradition. I tried one year to find the station on the internet.
realjohnboy

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2012 10:12 am
Good morning. I went to bed fairly early last night but woke up just before midnight ET to wish the coasters here a happy new year. I managed to stay awake to welcome those of you in the central, mountain and western time zones to 2012. Oddly, I woke up at my regular time of 6:30 this morning.
Curtains for 2011 and also for the NFL regular season. 16 games today. 9 early games + 6 late ones and then 1 night game.
We, all 21 of us, made a total of 336 picks and the majority agrees on 84% of them. Convincingly. No toss ups this week, although the Jets @ Dolphins split is 9-12.
We all believe that the Patriots - with or without Tom - will beat the Bills and that the Eagles will scalp the Redskins.
Jespah alone is picking the Panthers over the Saints and only Mis Cowdoc believes the Browns will steal a win from the Stealers.
Tico agrees with the majority on every game while a handful of players are off by just one pick. Jespah (8) and Mis Cowdoc (7) differ with the rest of us on the most games.
Coin-Toss

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2012 11:22 am
@realjohnboy,
What am I? I'm a coin, not a potted plant, right? I have my ups and downs but why am I not included in the 21? Am I some kind of afterthought? I am ahead of Jespah, aren't I? Why am I asking so many questions?
I agree with the majority of you mere mortals on 11 of the 16 games this week.
You, made of what? Think about that. I, on the other hand, have ancestors and siblings made of gold and silver and copper and metals still to be developed.
We have outlived many of the civilizations we were created to conduct commerce in. Without us coins, you might have chickens and goats and asparagus in the backs of your SUV's.
Spendius agrees with the majority on 10 of the 16 games. Were there no coins, he would be slapping down dead rabbits or pigeons at his pub. How many pigeons equal one rabbit?
spendius

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2012 11:58 am
@Coin-Toss,
Two.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2012 11:59 am
@Coin-Toss,
CT, These coins are a few thousand years old found in Turkey.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/imposter222/DSCN3034.jpg
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2012 12:08 pm
Okay. The time to kill time is over. Let's play some football.
realjohnboy

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2012 12:26 pm
I apologize for getting under your skin, CT, by not including you in the 21 players. I did not intend to rub you the wrong way.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2012 12:29 pm
@realjohnboy,
9'ers are behind 7 to zero. They have a couple of important players on the injury list today.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2012 12:32 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:

Okay. The time to kill time is over. Let's play some football.

http://garciamedialife.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/charlie_brown_lucy_football.jpg
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2012 12:32 pm
Pats are behind Bills 21-0. Brady has been rocked hard. Sure hope this turns around quickly.
CowDoc

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2012 01:27 pm
@realjohnboy,
Sorry, rjb, but we're not yet sufficiently advanced to have Radio Free Salmon available on the internet.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2012 01:53 pm
@CowDoc,
Free salmon? Send me some of those.. pack in ice, please.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2012 02:51 pm
I was wrong. the jetses must really stinketh up the joint this year...

and how cool that Jason Taylor got another fumble recovery for a touchdown. he will always be one of my favorite dolphins, even if he did become a jert for a year.

I think the patriots should be made to get to the stadium 15 minutes or so earlier on game day...
ossobuco

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2012 02:56 pm
@Rockhead,
Peter King picked the Jets too..
realjohnboy

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2012 03:30 pm
@ossobuco,
How about that. The Lions up by 3 over the Packers with 2+ minutes left.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2012 03:31 pm
@realjohnboy,
And Staffords throwing like mad..
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2012 03:34 pm
holey kamoley