The Fantasy Fantasy A2K NFL Pick-Um Thread for 2011-2012

ossobuco

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2011 04:44 pm
@Ragman,
Sorry, Oregon Stanford was a big deal for them and was a wipeout, including for Luck.

I thought the thread had been talking about Kansas games not long before, but maybe that was on some other thread.

CowDoc

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2011 06:13 pm
@ossobuco,
Osso, he's a Dolphin fan - since the fish won their last two games, he figures they no longer have a chance to draft Andrew Luck, because their draft position will be too low. Make more sense now?
Ragman

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2011 06:26 pm
@CowDoc,
she knew that.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2011 06:38 pm
@CowDoc,
Yeah, I get it. Oh, and dolphins are called fish.
I didn't take Rockhead's post that way at first - I took it as also about Luck.
Seems a coincidence. I had recently watched Oregon decimate Luck and company and I took his comment as about that - it was around the same time, at least in my mind.
No, the game I 'watched' was not NFL on Saturday night.
I get it re draft position - how dumb do you all think I am?

Ok, over it.

Sorry, cow doc, that's the first time I've yelled at you! (be well)
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2011 10:49 pm
Jets are toast.
0 Replies

CowDoc

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2011 10:53 pm
@ossobuco,
No problem, Osso - I just thought you were on a different wavelength from RH. Luce's law applies, I'm sure.
realjohnboy

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2011 11:45 am
Week #10 (which will probably go down as not being very kind to us) will end up with a new 1st time weekly winner.
George and McGentrix are at 11-4 and are picking Green Bay. George says the score will be 24-21 while McGentrix sees it as 35-17. Edgar has Minnesota winning 25-24.
realjohnboy

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2011 12:39 pm
@realjohnboy,
I meant to include that Edgar is 10-5 going into tonight's game and will be in a tie with George and McGentrix if Minnesota wins.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2011 12:47 pm
@CowDoc,
What, is Henry Luce back in business? (grins)
I looked up Luce's Law and it seemed to be about media..

The irony is, I haven't been keeping up with college football much at all for some years, but once in a while turn up to see what execrable behavior our old ucla rival usc is up to now; to see if my present local Lobos have fielded a team of any sort; to read various miscellany when I somehow click on college football instead of NFL; and just recently, via reading the general sports stuff in the San Francisco Chronicle because of my backing for the 49ers (whether or not I pick them in the pick 'em game), I've been reading about Harbaugh, Luck, and how Stanford is doing while still having Luck but not Harbaugh. Thus I picked up the worry in the Chronicle that Oregon would beat Stanford, tuned into a gamecast - and Oregon creamed them royally. So that set the scene for my interpretation of Rockhead's post the next day.
If I keep on watching college football, and insist on talking about it, I'll have to be less vague.

0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2011 12:47 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:

I meant to include that Edgar is 10-5 going into tonight's game and will be in a tie with George and McGentrix if Minnesota wins.

A complex and prescient strategy by Edgar. Realizing that he may be one game behind the leader for this week, he chose Minnesota! If this strategy pays off, he is the shrewdest person here! Smile
ehBeth

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2011 12:55 pm
@realjohnboy,
the winning ratio could be 12-4 ?

that's a bit frightening
realjohnboy

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2011 12:59 pm
I was wrong about there being no more bye weeks. They are back in Week #11. Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, Houston and New Orleans.
And be aware that there is a Thursday night game: it is Thursday, November 17th at 8 pm. Mark your calendars!

WEEK #11 Schedule - Nov 17/21:
Thursday night-
NY Jets @ Denver
Sunday, early-
Oakland @ Minnesota
Buffalo @ Miami
Jacksonville @ Cleveland
Cincinnati @ Baltimore
Carolina @ Detroit
Tampa Bay @ Green Bay
Dallas @ Washington
Sunday, late-
Arizona @ San Francisco
Seattle @ St Louis
Tennessee @ Atlanta
San Diego @ Chicago
Sunday night-
Philadelphia @ New York Giants
Monday night-
Kansas City @ New England (+ final score)
realjohnboy

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2011 01:03 pm
@ehBeth,
Yeah, you and I are 5-10.
A Green Bay win, by the way, would leave CoinToss/CoinToss at 11-5.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2011 01:31 pm
@wandeljw,
More shrewder than the average dummy. Mr. Green
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2011 01:45 pm
WEEK #11:

NY Jets
Oakland
Buffalo
Cleveland
Baltimore
Carolina
Green Bay
Dallas
Arizona
Seattle
Atlanta
Chicago
New York Giants
New England, 27-17
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2011 02:37 pm
The NBA is done for the season?
ehBeth

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2011 02:38 pm
@realjohnboy,
holey kamoley!

0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2011 02:43 pm
@realjohnboy,
What's an NBA?

Seriously, that will hurt the league far worse than they may realize. NBA is on a collision course with irrelavancy for awhile. Kids have been trending towards NOT identifying with them for quite a few years. Merchandise sales and ticket sales, if I'm not mistaken, have been downward for awhile.
McGentrix

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2011 03:23 pm
@realjohnboy,
yay!
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2011 04:13 pm
@Ragman,
Everybody I know thinks US basketball the stupidest game they have ever set eyes on.
0 Replies