The Fantasy Fantasy A2K NFL Pick-Um Thread for 2011-2012

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2011 10:20 am
Cool. Good luck to Joe Nation and Thomas. I am glad to see Mysteryman join us. He, though, has a lot of damage control to do in our fantasy football league where he is matched against Tico. MM has 2 starters on the bench with no replacements available.

In the 7 early NFL games today, we as a group agree on 92% of our picks.

Next week, #10, sees the end of the byes. For the rest of the season there will be 16 games each time. And, with the college season winding down, there will be NFL games on Thursday's. That has posed a bit of a problem for us in the past.
Here are the rules. Players can pick just the Thursday night game before kickoff and come back and pick the remaining games before kickoff on Sunday. Or, my preference, players can pick all of the games before the Thursday one and come back and change the Sunday-Monday picks before 1 ET on Sunday.

Week #10 Schedule:
Thurs 11-10:
Oakland @ San Diego
Sun 11-13 early:
Buffalo @ Dallas
Tennessee @ Carolina
Houston @ Tampa Bay
Jacksonville @ Indianapolis
Arizona @ Philadelphia
New Orleans @ Atlanta
St Louis @ Cleveland
Washington @ Miami
Denver @ Kansas City
Pittsburgh @ Cincinnati
late:
Baltimore @ Seattle
Detroit @ Chicago
NY Giants @ San Francisco
Sunday night:
New England @ NY Jets
Monday night:
Minnesota @ Green Bay (+ score)
spendius

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2011 10:21 am
@ossobuco,
They will probably be crawling shortly. Pushing themselves and fighting with their bodies with determination and true grit.
realjohnboy

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2011 10:28 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

They will probably be crawling shortly. Pushing themselves and fighting with their bodies with determination and true grit.

Sort of like getting home from the pub, eh?
I had the privilege of following the chip in Joe Nation's shoe as he ran the marathon a few years ago and reporting it on A2K. He did well.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2011 10:38 am
@ossobuco,
Update - Joe N's pace is 10:35. Thomas' 12:24 - They're in Sunset Park..

to follow, if anyone wants to play with the map and selected runners -
http://trackmyrunners.ingnycmarathon.org/Home.aspx
Their Bib Numbers are on the A2k Runners Club thread in recent posts.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2011 10:41 am
@realjohnboy,
It can be a struggle John but it's my body willing me on at the prospect of a nice and soft warm bed. It's the same going to the pub. The pints of frothy John Smith's Extra Smooth (silk in a glass) and watching the puds squirming when the band plays I Like To Boogie.

Going back to modern sport lagging behind technology.

The jockey's flat-race championship title for the season was decided here yesterday. The winner nowadays is actually defined as in the second rank. The top jockeys are not competitive for that title because they are called away regularly to ride in France, Ireland, Dubai, Singapore and even the US. All over the place. Wherever there's a big money race. Like the Breeder's Cup.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2011 10:43 am
@realjohnboy,
One of my favorite threads ever was whatever one JoeN reported on his first marathon or maybe his first recent marathon. Made me cry at the end, it did, it did. That's what I'm following, realjohnboy - the chip thing that is a feature of the race website.
realjohnboy

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2011 10:56 am
@ossobuco,
Keep us up to date. I don't know their names or bib numbers.
Miz Cowdoc

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2011 11:00 am
@mysteryman,
Happy Birthday Mysteryman...have a very good day the 10th!
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2011 11:16 am
An Ethiopian wins the women's NYC marathon in 2 hours 23 minutes. That works out to 26 miles at an average of 5 1/2 minutes each. Awesome.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2011 11:18 am
@realjohnboy,
Joe N's bib is 58585
Thomas' is 45716
That's all you need to know as you can select runners by bib number (it's easy, even I could do it). The map is the best part - to me.

JoeN is at 8.4 miles (Brooklyn) and Thomas just passed 7 mile mark, which seems to be in Park Slope.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2011 11:20 am
@realjohnboy,
2:23 is a damned good time. I don't follow the times as closely as I used to, don't know the world bests at this point. Those tend to be run in the flats - the Netherlands, for example.
Ticomaya

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2011 11:25 am
My NFL games don't start until 11:00 now. Damn Daylight Saving change.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2011 11:28 am
@ossobuco,
JoeN getting nearer to crossing (how, I dunno) the Brooklyn Queens Expressway, 9.5 miles from the start; Thomas is at almost 8 miles, going through Brooklyn.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2011 11:33 am
@mysteryman,
Mysteryman, thanks for the heads up on your coming birthday. Now I have time to ask what kind of cake or other dessert is your favorite. It'll taste a little bland, just being an online image, but it would be fun for me to pick out one.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2011 11:53 am
Thomas approaching 10 miles, and that Brooklyn Queens Expressway; JoeN passed 11.5 miles, is approaching Long Island Expressway..
realjohnboy

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2011 12:05 pm
@ossobuco,
JoeN (aged 64) closes in on the 1/2 way mark averaging 10:53/mile.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2011 12:07 pm
@realjohnboy,
Bravo, you did it. Did you see the map yet?
JoeN is crossing some water that remains unnamed on the map but I think means he's entering Queens, and will be aiming for the 59th Street Bridge. I'm hopeful he's feeling groovy.
Looks like when they get into Manhattan they'll run up 1st Avenue.
realjohnboy

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2011 12:15 pm
@ossobuco,
Yeah, watching Joe and Thomas. Sitting in my chair thinking I should rake leaves. But they will still be there tomorrow. Contemplating a nap.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2011 12:33 pm
@realjohnboy,
I'm puttering around myself. Have to see that the 49ers don't self destruct..

Considering putting the freezer in some logical order.

JoeN now about to cross to Manhattan.. Thomas entering Queens, just about the halfway point.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2011 12:35 pm
@ossobuco,
Thomas' bib number location hasn't changed for a bit.

ahhh musta been a lag here ... the bib location just resurfaced past the 13th diamond