The Fantasy Fantasy A2K NFL Pick-Um Thread for 2011-2012

realjohnboy

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2011 04:21 pm
Don't cry for me, Spendius, about players picking games out of order or changing picks. It is no problem. I do make a few mistakes, but I would say that "The fault, dear Brutus, lies not in our stars but in ourselves..."
Fortunately, people here have realized that I am by no means infallible. They look over my shoulder. And they and I plod along in this game that for the vast majority of us is really, by design, quite silly.
I tried hard to get Panzade back, as have several others, this week. It looks like we have failed. Did you try, Spendius?
spendius

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2011 05:28 pm
@realjohnboy,
Yes I tried.

Whoever wins my title this year will probably be glad I failed.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2011 05:38 pm
@spendius,
Your title? Oh you of possessive stance, such a nuance. It's the title. Your post is so last year.
realjohnboy

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2011 05:46 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Yes I tried.

You emailed him?
CowDoc

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2011 06:40 pm
@realjohnboy,
New York Giants
Houston
Tennessee
Carolina
New Orleans
Baltimore
Detroit
Buffalo
New England
San Francisco
Seattle
Philadelphia
San Diego 34, Kansas City 20
realjohnboy

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2011 06:51 pm
@CowDoc,
Temps in Salmon, ID. Highs around 50 for the next few days.
spendius

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2011 04:54 am
@ossobuco,
Quote:
Your title? Oh you of possessive stance, such a nuance. It's the title. Your post is so last year.

It's our usage osso. The Open Champion, the Master's Champion, the Wimbledon Champion, the Premier League title holders etc etc, the heavyweight champion of the world, all hold their titles until someone else wins it. It's taken for granted. Sour grapes notwithstanding.

I am A2K Pick-Um Champ and am very proud of being. It will be "so last year" when someone else takes it off me and not a moment earlier. It is your role to attempt that feat. The XLV Superbowl Championship title is held by the Green Bay Packers and I assume they mention that fact in their PR and in conversations and will cease doing when time is called next Feb. 5th in the Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis if another team wins the trophy.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2011 05:04 am
@realjohnboy,
No, I didn't e-mail panzade. What would I have said? I tried to encourage him to return on the thread. Once was enough.

I was only joshing you know. Do Americans not do "sledging"? It's an integral part of competitive sport here. Friendlies have no audience.
spendius

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2011 05:09 am
@spendius,
I think John, that to talk about your game as a little bit of light-hearted fun is an insult to your efforts.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2011 07:24 am
@realjohnboy,
The weather here is a pretty overcast in Sarasota. We've some of the spillover rain from the Tropical Storm Rina...not much rain though.

Can't wait for the Pats-Steelers game. That games shapes up to be a real hell of a match. Can't wait!
JPB

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2011 07:57 am
@realjohnboy,
WEEK #8 SCHEDULE - Oct 30/31
Sunday, early:
Miami @ NY Giants
Jacksonville @ Houston
Indianapolis @ Tennessee
Minnesota @ Carolina
New Orleans @ St Louis
Arizona @ Baltimore
Sunday, late:
Detroit @ Denver
Washington @ Buffalo
New England @ Pittsburgh
Cleveland @ San Francisco
Cincinnati @ Seattle
Sunday night:
Dallas @ Philadelphia
Monday night:
San Diego @ Kansas City (24-18)
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2011 08:14 am
@realjohnboy,
NY Giants
Houston
Tennessee
Carolina
New Orleans
Baltimore
Detroit
Buffalo
New England (with serious reservations)
San Francisco
Seattle
Dallas
San Diego 21-10
0 Replies

CowDoc

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2011 08:25 am
@realjohnboy,
It's been cooling off, into the 20's the past few nights. With highs in the 30's, it's been almost cool enough to make me wear a shirt while I've been working cattle. But not quite yet...
spendius

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2011 08:31 am
@CowDoc,
I hope you have a good pub nearby Cowie. Drinking John Smith's Extra Smooth, pure silk in a glass, after a day like that is almost like breathing.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2011 08:38 am
@CowDoc,
Snow expected here.
George

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2011 09:07 am
Rhys sent his picks to John-Boy.
He picked the <gasp> New York Football Giants.
How sharper than a serpant's tooth . . .
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2011 11:25 am
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

Snow expected here.

High 80s here.
Ragman

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2011 11:29 am
@Ragman,
Yay! It's now heading to a high of 80 and the sun is breaking through here. Another day in Paradise - or, as it's known alternatively, 'God's Waiting Room'.
realjohnboy

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2011 12:14 pm
"Thou shalt not pick the Giants" is what it says on George's copy of the 11 commandments. Oddly, Rhys' copy reads "...unless they are playing the Dolphins."
Rhys' choices-
NYG
Houston
Tenn
Carolina
New Orleans
Baltimore
Denver
Buff
NE
SF
Cincy