Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2011 08:58 am
@ossobuco,
I don't understand forgetting to post.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2011 09:04 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
So I presume Tico that you think pan should remain in top spot having picked fewer winning teams than some others. I can't believe it. Now he has pulled out with his bottom lip going sixty to the dozen he will win my title unless one of us can beat .744.

It's not your title. It was your title last year ... and the year before that.

Quote:
Are you actually maintaining that I don't have a point?

I didn't comment on whether or not you had a point, and I don't intend to. I commented on your "all the Americans are ganging up on the poor Englishman" remark.

Quote:
I'm not bothered about being called an arsehole. I've been called a lot worse things than that.

I'm glad to hear that, and I'm sure you have.

Quote:
And one risks having to bear a cross by venturing into an open debate and game playing site unless you demand that everyone else toes your own line. Better stay out of pubs mate with that attitude.

I'm not sure of your point here, are you? You bear your cross, and I'll bear mine, and we'll get along just fine.

Quote:
I've told a few people here about this dispute and they all laughed.

By "here" I suppose you mean your pub, and the people you told are your drinking buddies?

I told a couple folks here about your "dispute," and they all laughed too.

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2011 09:04 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
BTW Tico-- if "most of the other players" are not arseholes which ones do you think are besides me?

I never called you an arsehole ... you called yourself that. (And I guess Pan did too.)
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2011 09:07 am
@ossobuco,
Oh--I'm a troll now am I? The back to back title winner is a troll.

Have you any idea how often calling me a troll has stood duty as a telling argument? I only made an observation in the first place. It's these lot who have made a big deal out of it.

pan made some posts last Thursday. It isn't as if he was in hospital or anything.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2011 09:10 am
@ossobuco,
ditto...my sentiments exactly. You expressed it well, including the comments about not feeding the troll.

Such an example of poor sportsmanship nasty spirit. The intent here is for this to be a fun game - not a blood sport. The regular participants here (with the exception of Spendius) are all aware of the possibility and the consequences of missing a week and have no issue with it whatsoever. Why someone would make a contentious mess out of this fun contest is beyond my comprehension.

All of the people here are winners. Your competitive juices cloud your good judgement (that is, if you had any good judgement to begin with). I have to admit, due to this sort of objectionable behavior of yours, I also considered not participating here. You seem not to be able to understand how to play well with others.

CHILL out!
spendius

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2011 09:11 am
@Ticomaya,
Quote:
I told a couple folks here about your "dispute," and they all laughed too.

Probably for the same reason they laughed here.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2011 09:12 am
@spendius,
Posting your picks mid-week? Aren't you afraid someone will copy?
Ticomaya

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2011 09:17 am
WEEK #8:

NY Giants
Houston
Tennessee
Carolina
New Orleans
Zona!
Detroit
Buffalo
Pittsburgh
San Francisco
Cincinnati
Dallas
Kansas City, 24-17
spendius

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2011 09:21 am
@Ticomaya,
Quote:
Posting your picks mid-week? Aren't you afraid someone will copy?

No. Not with my recent form. I'm thinking of giving a coin a try.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2011 09:28 am
@Ragman,
Listen Raggie--have you not noticed how many movies and soaps are packed with brawls, car chases, shoot-outs and general confrontational mayhem. You should see Coronation Street.

There's very little demand for buttering each other up scenes. It isn't entertaining. And A2K is an entertainment media. It has nothing to do with the NFL. Confrontation is entertaining. Gets the hackles up, the blood pumping and the attention engaged.

What more do you want?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2011 12:08 pm
@Ticomaya,
WEEK #8
Miami @ NY Giants
Jacksonville @ Houston
Indianapolis @ Tennessee
Minnesota @ Carolina
New Orleans @ St Louis
Arizona @ Baltimore
Detroit @ Denver
Washington @ Buffalo
New England @ Pittsburgh
Cleveland @ San Francisco
Cincinnati @ Seattle
Dallas@ Philadelphia
San Diego @ Kansas City (+ final score) 27-24

It's possible I'll reconsider..
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2011 12:12 pm
NY Giants
Houston
Tennessee
Minnesota
New Orleans
Baltimore
Detroit
Washington
Pittsburgh
San Francisco
Cincinnati
Dallas
Kansas City 62 - 7

spendius

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2011 12:26 pm
@edgarblythe,
The Chiefs 62 against the Chargers ed!!!!
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2011 12:27 pm
@spendius,
Did you correctly predict the last New Orleans score?
spendius

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2011 12:31 pm
@edgarblythe,
No and I'm not very confident you will predict the Arrowhead score.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2011 12:45 pm
Please come back, Panzade. The remarks made by spendius are merely what passes for entertainment at his pub. Why should anyone be concerned about spendius and his pub?
realjohnboy

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2011 12:45 pm
Johnboy's Picks-
NY Giants
Houston
Tennessee
Carolina
New Orleans
Baltimore
Detroit
Buffalo
Pittsburgh
San Francisco
Cincinnati
Philadelphia
Kansas City (28-20)
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2011 12:49 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:

WEEK #8 SCHEDULE - Oct 30/31
Sunday, early:
Miami @ NY Giants
Jacksonville @ Houston
Indianapolis @ Tennessee
Minnesota @ Carolina
New Orleans @ St Louis
Arizona @ Baltimore
Sunday, late:
Detroit @ Denver
Washington @ Buffalo
New England @ Pittsburgh
Cleveland @ San Francisco
Cincinnati @ Seattle
Sunday night:
Dallas @ Philadelphia
Monday night:
San Diego @ Kansas City (+ final score)

Byes: Atlanta, Chicago, Green Bay, NY Jets, Oakland and Tampa Bay

And would anyone like to be CoinToss this week?
spendius

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2011 01:02 pm
@realjohnboy,
Ill do it John if nobody else wants to do. I'm always willing to co-operate with my mates. I'll use a 1915 half-crown I have. It has George V on the head side and our national coat of arms on the tail. Or a 1905 one with Edward V11 and the same tail. It's up to you. If you don't decide by Sunday at 00.01 hrs I'll make my own choice.

Or if you want I'll undertake the task tomorrow. Suit yourself. Anything to oblige. I understand how difficult and tiresome this game must be for you. If I can lighten your burden, even a little, you can call on me anytime.

Most arseholes would do the same.
spendius

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2011 01:28 pm
@Ticomaya,
Quote:
I commented on your "all the Americans are ganging up on the poor Englishman" remark.

I have the impression Tico that if bread slicing had been invented in England you lot would still be using bread knives.

Quote:
Otto Frederick Rohwedder of Davenport, Iowa, USA invented the first loaf-at-a-time bread-slicing machine. A prototype he built in 1912 was destroyed in a fire and it was not until 1928 that Rohwedder had a fully working machine ready. The first commercial use of the machine was by the Chillicothe Baking Company of Chillicothe, Missouri, which produced their first slices on July 7, 1928. Their product, "Kleen Maid Sliced Bread", proved a success. Battle Creek, Michigan has a competing claim as the first city to sell bread presliced by Rohwedder's machine; however, historians have produced no documentation backing up Battle Creek's claim. The bread was advertised as "the greatest forward step in the baking industry since bread was wrapped."

So you can tell your lady friends how lucky they are bread-slicing were not discovered in Lower Blackbottom Valley, Rutlandshire.
0 Replies