Texas wants to turn the lights off on a federal plan to phase out certain light bulbs

parados

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 03:08 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
The President, just weeks after his belated budget submittal last year, virtually repudiated his own proposals in his SOU speech

I have to wonder how a budget can be belated if it is submitted PRIOR to the SOU speech.

SOU speech is in January.

Budget isn't due until February.
Quote:
federal budget legislation law (31 U.S.C. 1105(a)) specifies that the President submit a budget between the first Monday in January and the first Monday in February.
georgeob1

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 04:44 pm
@parados,
The Federal Fiscal year started on Oct 1 2010. The then Democrat controlled Congress (and Senate) hadn't taken even the mandated first steps in the annual budget process when their respective terms expired, three months later at the end of December. It's a lengthy process involving multiple steps and several individual authorizations. The Democrats evaded them all in a game designed to evade their own responsibility and attempt to pin the responsibility fort obviously required cuts on their political opponents.
parados

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 04:50 pm
@georgeob1,
I know it's a difficult concept george..

But the President isn't Congress. That isn't how the US government works.
georgeob1

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 10:19 pm
@parados,
If you are reduced to that sort of selective reinterpretations of my words and such meaningless distinctions, then you convict yourself. Unfortunately this is typical for you. That suggests either a seriouis deficiency in understanding or a remarkably narrow mind ... or both.
0 Replies