I think my kitty is dying

chai2

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2011 01:09 pm
Lily, what a pretty name.

http://www.olgashevchenko.com/images/White%20lilies(WEB).jpg
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2011 01:57 pm
My little one just had her fish die (not quite the same, I know) and it made me sad just to see her cry. It's hard on them and even harder now for you because you have your own grief to deal with.

Be kind to yourself and let yourself cry with the wee ones. They need to know its ok to be sad.
0 Replies

mags314772

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2011 02:48 pm
@Linkat,
I am so sorry, Linkat. It's a huge loss.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2011 06:09 pm
@Linkat,
I hope it brings you comfort that she suffered no pain. Sorry for your family's loss.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2011 06:20 pm
it is amazing how attached we get to animals and how important the become to us. Sometimes we dont even realize it all until they are gone.

Nothing makes this feel better, I just hope that you and your family get through it easy.
dlowan

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2011 07:09 pm
@shewolfnm,
I'd love to hear more about Lily.

It's good we hurt in a way.....it means we have a viable heart and that they were truly loved.

Ceili

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2011 11:18 pm
I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm allergic to cats but have always held a fondness for them. I'm going to hug my pups now. I'm always amazed at how these creatures bring so much love and happiness to our lives. Just reading this thread brings dread that one day I'll have to say goodbye to them, but I know that your Lily had to have had a wonderful life if the grief is so overwhelming.
Rest in Peace little one.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2011 07:56 am
@dlowan,
Thanks all of you. Well I think my daughter is getting over it - she is talking about getting a new kitten. I said no. She said next year - I said maybe.

Lily is my sweet cat. She was the most loving cat I've had. She had the loudest purr which I found soothing, but my husband found irratating. She would allow my daughters and any other children pick her up and pretty much do anything without a sound. My other cat would run, hide and hiss. She was very gentle and had the softest fur. Although the fur was a nightmare when she shed. Just very friendly and gentle and sweet.
jespah

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2011 04:32 pm
@Linkat,
Sweet.

I agree with dlowan - I think it's important that it hurts us, we have a true emotional bond. These aren't food or draft animals, not meals or servants to us, but true friends and companions.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2011 09:58 pm
@Linkat,
Awwwww.....sweet cats are lovely.
0 Replies