Is Wiener's wiener a career killer?

Fido

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2011 03:16 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Fido wrote:
My check is in the mail, and you are entitled to your opinion...
Perhaps your representative is serving you wel,l and is moral...
My representative is the exhibitionist, a follower of Shummer. That is not moral.
You are lucky... My representative can't show his brains let alone his privates.... What is the bait that draws perverts to positions of authority???If sexual perversion could be put aside, I think it is perverse to seek authority over others, and I think it is healthy to support people having authority over their own lives and affairs... How do you stand on this???
0 Replies

Renaldo Dubois

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2011 03:21 pm
When did "public service" allow elected officials to be perverts and keep their positions?
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2011 03:26 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

farmerman wrote:
That would be regression.
"wholesome conservative" is an oxymoron, besides being a state of antisocial behavior
The concept is conservation of the US Constitution;
i.e., support thereof and defense from deviance therefrom.
I will stand with that; George Washington et al were RIGHT.

David
What George Washington supported, which was the cooling of democracy by means of a second house of congress has been accomplished in spades by the parties which are extra constitutional, and when they fixed membership in the house the did far more than cooling democracy... They tied democracy's nuts in a knot... The people; even people like yourself could help to straighten out government if you were allowed their voice... The people are smarter than the government, but with all ideas coming through the parties, and the parties having to get theirs before anyone else it is certain we will see no new ideas anytime soon... If it were possible for the people in any great number to express their unhappiness and fear for the future, their anger and anxiety, the solution to the country's problems might shine clear... In stead, the people cry and complain and the parties translate their misery into means for the parties to help themselves... Parties are treason, but that does not stop you from supporting them even when they are not given the power they have taken by the constitution...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2011 03:28 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
but his lies to everyone about the pictures and sexting are a big deal.

Sorry neither his private sex life is a matter of public concern nor is his lying about his private sex life a matter of public concerm.

He does not owe the public the truth on this matter any more then he owe them any imformation on this subject.

True it would had been better if he just refused to address these stories from the first.
Non sense... The position is one of honor, sworn to by an oath, and if that all means nothing then the man is clearly unfit to hold office...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2011 03:30 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
If he admits to being a LIAR,
that is a matter of public concern, because we will not know WHEN,
nor how ofen he chooses to use DECEPTION to improve his circumstances.

Do we wish to be represented by LIARs, Bill??

When liars campaign for office,
do thay honestly admit it and tell the voters that it is none of their business????

If you can show me where he lied about a matter of public concern then you would have a case my lawyer friend but he had a right not to be truthful on a subject that by it very nature is not a matter of public concern in the first place.

I do not expect the people in power to be angels and I do not care if they fall short of that goal in thier private lives.

Too many great leaders in our country history had been far from perfect in thier private lives and somehow if some reporter had dare to ask Roosevelt for example if he was sleeping with his wife secretary I do not think you would had gotten an honesst answer nor would you be entitle to such an answer.

i

His lies are themselves the matter of public concern... Was he telling the truth when he swore allegience to the Flag, or to uphold the constituion????
Fido

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2011 03:31 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Hey, I'm an American. What do you think that means?

I voted for Obama; a big mistake.
Not a big mistake, but the only one available... When there is no choice, what is the point of pretending there is one
BillRM

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2011 03:37 pm
@Fido,
Quote:
His lies are themselves the matter of public concern

That is your opinion but it surely is not mind.

The public have neither the right to details on anyone legal private sexual life nor do they have any damn claims to being told the truth if someone decide unwisely to lied about the matter.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2011 03:42 pm
@Fido,
Quote:
Was he telling the truth when he swore allegience to the Flag, or to uphold the constituion????

IF you demand angels alone be allow to hold public office all you are going to get is people who have not been found out yet.

Hell as I already posted it is highly unlikely if we had enforce you kind of a moral code on our founding fathers we would not have even been a nation as too many key figures would not had been available.
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2011 03:43 pm
@BillRM,
He needs to enforce some kind of morale code on himself.
0 Replies

Renaldo Dubois

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2011 03:43 pm
@BillRM,
There seems to be no problem with other members of congress acting like normal rational human beings in a responsible service position. Defending perverts like Anthony Weiner is shameful.
BillRM

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2011 03:50 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Quote:
Defending perverts like Anthony Weiner is shameful.

PERVERTS!!!!!!!!

So sending back and fore sexual materiasl and texts to willing adult partners create a pervert?????????

If he is a prevert then so are the six or so women I would assume in your world view. Correct?
BillRM

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2011 04:07 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
I guess also over the decades I been on line interacting with women on computer nets before even the internet in a sexual manner and going far further then Congressman Wiener in meeting some of them and having sex with some of them so I guess that there is no question in your mind that I am a pervert.

At least if the good congressman is a prevert then surely I am for daring to have such adult consensus relationships that started online.

Hell one of those women who I ended up having a 26 years on and off relationship with became my wife beginning in 2006.

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2011 12:28 am
@BillRM,

Quote:
Defending perverts like Anthony Weiner is shameful.
BillRM wrote:
PERVERTS!!!!!!!!

So sending back and fore sexual materiasl and texts to willing adult partners create a pervert?????????

If he is a prevert then so are the six or so women I would assume in your world view. Correct?
R thay Congressmen, Bill ??
Did thay send naked pix of themselves? Please explain.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2011 12:36 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
I guess also over the decades I been on line interacting with women on computer nets before even the internet in a sexual manner and going far further then Congressman Wiener in meeting some of them and having sex with some of them so I guess that there is no question in your mind that I am a pervert.
I have NO OPINION about THAT, Bill.
I 'm still trying to figure out the reason
that with u having been born in Pennsylvania,
u insist on writing like an alien, who does not know better.
I 'm trying to figure out the reason that anyone woud wanna DO that.

Sometimes, when u get too excited,
u forget to put in the mistakes.

I 'm pretty sure that if we ever met face-to-face,
U 'd be 1OO% NORMAL!!!!!

David
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2011 02:50 am
Quote:
Weiner may have solved everybody’s problem with his “treatment” gambit. It makes those who continue to milk the story look like heartless vultures for harassing a sick man (with a pregnant wife). And it takes the story off the front pages of the tabloids, both in print and on TV. The idea that the scandal itself is not survivable is nonsense. Barney Frank—another fast-talking acerbic Jew from the outer boroughs—survived a far more incriminating scandal involving a male prostitute working out of the basement of his own home in times that were far less accustomed to such behavior as those we live in today. Frank went on to become one of the Democrats’ most respected and admired elder statesmen. I recall similar demands from pundits that Frank resign immediately, but again, his constituents decided they preferred to forgive and forget. If Weiner can tough out the coming week—and put a final period on timelines like this one he’ll be home free. He won’t be New York’s next mayor; Rudy Giuliani proved that sex scandals are allowed only after you’re safely in office. But 20 years from now, he might be an effective congressman. And who knows? Maybe one day Oscar Meyer will name a hot dog after him….

Eric Alterman is a Distinguished Professor of English and journalism at Brooklyn College and the CUNY Graduate School of Journalism, a senior fellow of the Center for American Progress and media columnist for The Nation. His most recent book is Kabuki Democracy: The System vs. Barack Obama.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/dailybeast/20110612/ts_dailybeast/14669_anthonyweinersleaveofabsencecouldsavehishousecareerverticalpolitics_1

And now Wiener has gotten Obama to get all hysterical saying that Wiener should resign and publicly approving of Pelosi's strong arm tactics to get him gone. GOOD SHOW.....two thumbs up!
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2011 03:16 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
Did thay send naked pix of themselves? Please explain.

As far as I know there is zero indication that he was sending such picutures to random women that he was not sharing sexual talk with over time.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2011 05:16 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
Was he telling the truth when he swore allegience to the Flag, or to uphold the constituion????

IF you demand angels alone be allow to hold public office all you are going to get is people who have not been found out yet.

Hell as I already posted it is highly unlikely if we had enforce you kind of a moral code on our founding fathers we would not have even been a nation as too many key figures would not had been available.
You forget that the office of citizen does not demand angels, and yet it does demand a minimum level of moral behavior... We did not be choice give to the office of representative such great power representing so many... IN fact, we never had a choice in the matter, for this is something they took upon themselves, and it is something the Supreme Court has passed on, saying absoulutely the wrong thing, that government can govern itself when nothing has been more often proved wrong in the history of mankind...

The more power a person has over us the more honor is required of them, and trust is demanded of us... People who have shown themselves as incapable of trust should be eliminated from consideration... Talking heads and pretty faces should be eliminated as well... If we are to invest great power in few people instead of all the power in all the people, then we should at least seek out experts... If we had representation at the same rate as our founding fathers we would not need paid experts to school the congress and guide it in making laws... We would not have more people on the payroll in congress... Only more of them would be accountable to fewer voters in smaller districts...

Let us consider the situation presented to those men who actually made our revolution... Britain had just fought a great war, and wanted to tax the colonies for a defense that was in many places provided for by the colonists... The crown was as bankrupt then as our government is today... For their part, the colonies in making revolution were making an exhibition of the greatest possible immorality, and their personal immorality pales by comparison to our national immorality... Even though immorality, or at least a new morality is essential to revolution, what always occurs, and what occured in this land was a resurgence of standard morality, and a reaction against revolutionary thought... This is what our constitution accomplished, writing done to that period of our history forever... It is one thing to demand for ones own self a measure of individual liberty which many may consider immoral, and it is quite another to represent a ruling class which is entirely immoral, destructive of union and nation, destructive of liberty, and obnoxious... Morality is community... Whether a king or a weiner puts himself above all others and demands tribute is immaterial.... Good and the strength of the community should be the goal of all people with influence or authority... We find instead that our government and ruling class are infesting us a vermin, as lice or bedbugs, parasites to a man...

We don't need them... Weiners are a dime a dozen... And this is not about a moral code... Moral people have no need of codes or laws... The codes are what the rulers apply to judge the ruled, and what they evade in the name of their own freedom... Yet, it is because of immorality and not because of codes that people are forced to make revolution... If they cannot practice and demand from their neighbors good behavior on their honor then they are doomed... The will never be able to earn a dime for worry of the dime they already earned... Nothing will be safe and saved for anyone... Crooks will outnumber honest men and will daily increase in number...
BillRM

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2011 06:29 am
@Fido,
So you would had ban a man who live as a husband with a woman legally married to another man and then brought a child he had father with another woman for his "wife" to raised from public office I would assume????

And if not why would you not wish to ban such an evil and ill-moral man if you have a problem with a man lying about his private life surely how could a man who is living in sin with another man wife and even cheating on her be allow to be in any office of public trust in your world view.

Evil Ben Franklin who was a keys or even the key figure in our winning our freedom from England.

Oh I see your moral depend on how important a man is so a less important man need to be more moral then a more important man
\
Fido

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2011 01:43 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

So you would had ban a man who live as a husband with a woman legally married to another man and then brought a child he had father with another woman for his "wife" to raised from public office I would assume????

And if not why would you not wish to ban such an evil and ill-moral man if you have a problem with a man lying about his private life surely how could a man who is living in sin with another man wife and even cheating on her be allow to be in any office of public trust in your world view.

Evil Ben Franklin who was a keys or even the key figure in our winning our freedom from England.

Oh I see your moral depend on how important a man is so a less important man need to be more moral then a more important man
\

Revolution is an immoral act... If I had to judge the revolutionary fathers I would say most of them were not all bad...I am a revolutionary... It has certainly caused me to question all morals and trade in false morals for true... But to be honest; in the early days of the revolution, the revolution that must inevitably happen first in your mind as well as mine, I let my actions slip into raw immorality...I cannot even consider my actions as fun since they never made me happy... On the other hand I learned, and the hard way what was moral and why...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2011 01:47 pm
@Fido,
Not the only one available; I could have left the presidents box blank.
0 Replies