Bob Wells died today.

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2014 06:37 am
@Diane,
Quote:
Does anyone have any favorite memories?

Yeah, I got a doozy!

At least, I think it is a memory. And somewhere, I've got some photos with my face looking like I'd gone a few rounds with Mike Tyson. Maybe it is the memory of the photos...but I like to think it is the memory of the event.

He used to claim he was kicking me while I was unconscious on the sidewalk, but I have always suspected he really didn't. I think he had straddled me and pummeled me with his fists.

Either way...the memory, if it is that, is very fuzzy.

Happy 2015 to ya, Di!
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2014 06:38 am
@Frank Apisa,
I woke up today feeling insegrevious about the fact that 2014 is coming to an end!

I'll get over it.
Diane

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2014 07:23 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank, Bob was just watching the goings on while Bernie slapped you, trying to get you to wake up. What a great memory. Glad you were okay.

Happy 2015 to you .
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2015 02:40 am
I recall how surprised he was that I called when you were ill, Diane. in hospital, I think.

I don't think he believed that telephones stretched that far!
roger

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2015 02:43 am
@margo,
You think I wasn't surprised when you called after I got out of the hospital?
margo

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2015 02:50 am
@roger,
Smile
Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2015 07:30 am
People come in and out of our lives. Most simply fade away with time. Bob is someone whose friendship I will cherish for the rest of my life.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2015 10:01 am
@margo,
I remember Bob telling me that you Aussies have such a funny accent - then he proceeded to say "not as funny as yours, of course" (my Kraut accent).
margo

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2015 11:35 pm
@CalamityJane,
Ha! Smile
ossobuco

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2015 12:25 pm
@margo,
One of my memories is visual - riding in his truck with the Dream Catcher swinging lightly back and forth from his rear view mirror..

sort of like this one:

http://www.matoska.com/catgraph/9999-035-102.jpg
(can't find a closer photo)
ossobuco

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2015 12:44 pm
@ossobuco,
I should have mentioned the Stetson hat too.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 12:07 pm
I've just been notified that the memorial service for Bob's father has been today (his mother died already in December last year).

That's a bit more than four years after Bob passed away. He would have been relieved that has parents didn't have to suffer longer.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 12:19 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
I didn't know about Bob's parents. But this is a good time to pay my respects to Bob and his loved ones.
http://classroom.synonym.com/DM-Resize/photos.demandstudios.com/getty/article/18/12/87694753.jpg?w=600&h=600&keep_ratio=1
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2016 10:39 pm
Well, Bob, Kucinich didn't win. Again.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2016 09:50 am
@ossobuco,
Rode the same truck, loved the same dreamcatcher (bought one later, for myself).
ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2016 10:32 am
@fbaezer,
I think he loved the truck as well as the Porsche (and of course the dreamcatcher and the stetson).
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2016 11:08 am
@ossobucotemp,
Not to forget the RC - I'm proud that I was able to drive all the three on several occasions.
ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2016 11:52 am
@Walter Hinteler,
I was confused re RC, then remembered the coach, which we call RV's here, why I didn't get it at first.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2016 12:40 pm
Terrible news, another A2K'er leaves us all a bit more poor...my deep condolences to you Diane !
dianef

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2016 12:55 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque, thank you for your condolences. Bob died in May of 2011 and, as you can see, his friends have never forgotten him. I don't always post, but I love reading what his friends have to say--sometimes sad, sometimes funny.

This election would have him climbing the walls. I can only imagine what he would be saying, but it would have been funny as hell and right to the heart of the awfulness of Trump and his posse.

Love to all.
0 Replies