Bob Wells died today.

Dutchy

Reply Thu 26 May, 2011 06:09 pm
@devriesj,
I am so sorry, my thoughts are with you Diane, my heartfelt condolences.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Thu 26 May, 2011 06:19 pm
@ossobuco,
Our hearts ache with this news and for you, Diane. Please be comforted in some small way with our love for Bob and his enduring, everlasting love for you.

I will look forward to the stories you will write, when you are able, of the life of one of the very finest men I have been privileged to know.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Thu 26 May, 2011 06:34 pm
Bob's online observations are a treasure. My earliest encounter with him was on a thread where Foxfyre posted some bizarre views. Bob posted equally bizarre views (in a totally different direction). Someone pointed out that both Bob and Foxfyre were posting from New Mexico. He asked Bob if there was something about the water supply in New Mexico that had affected them. Bob replied: "Yes. I bathe in it and Foxfyre drinks it."
0 Replies

mags314772

Reply Thu 26 May, 2011 06:55 pm
@Diane,
Oh my God. I am so sorry for your loss, Diane.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 26 May, 2011 07:27 pm
@Diane,
Rejoice in remembering the time that you had with Bob. Very few have the total, abiding love that the two of you shared. Revel in the memories. It has been one of the joys of my life to have known him.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 26 May, 2011 07:28 pm
You guys were among the few reasons I stay with A2K. I always wanted to meet Bob and bullshit with him, but I see that wont happen now and Im the loser for the circumstance. Im lost for any words.
I shall miss his lead ins and purposely ridiculous follow ups that would get your goat were you not paying attention.

HE had class, that I can say. His cool was never in question and his jibes had a bit of softness and humor about them.

My deepest condolences.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Thu 26 May, 2011 07:32 pm
@Diane,
I am profoundly sorry for your loss.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 26 May, 2011 07:51 pm
That hit me like a brick . I really liked him, and of course you too . I dont know how, but somehow you have to pick yourself up and go on . He would have wanted you too .

A2K seems like a different place already without him .
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 26 May, 2011 07:51 pm
@Diane,
Very very sorry, Diane. My sadness is mostly for you, and how much you must miss him. We will all miss him, but not as much as you. Thinking of you.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 26 May, 2011 07:52 pm
@Diane,
they don't make 'em like that anymore.

all thoughts with you, auntie M...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMko5LelBdA

he loved you an incredible amount.

we do too...
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Thu 26 May, 2011 08:06 pm
@Diane,
((((Diane))))
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 26 May, 2011 08:39 pm
I am so very sorry for your loss and for the loss of Dys. For all of us.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Thu 26 May, 2011 09:04 pm
I was informed by Osso of the death of Bob. I still can't register the words. Not Bob. As one can see from my signature line, I'm actually happy for him, but not for Diane and us, his A2K friends. Already A2K is different, as it was with the loss of Joanne Dorel and Cav. I'm so glad my wife and I were able to visit with Bob and lovely Diane in southern Arizona in our RVs by a lake and then we had the pleasure of Bob's visit to our home in Tempe. He was so sweet, a truly memorable man and himself an object of art.
Take comfort in our love, Diane, and the knowledge that Bob is at peace.
John
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Thu 26 May, 2011 09:07 pm
"It is a fearful thing to love what death can touch."
- inscription on a New England tombstone

My condolences Diane. I feel ill equipped to speak.

A
R
The last thing he said to me was "Murphy was an optimist." I like that.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 26 May, 2011 09:20 pm
Words cannot express how this saddens me. It's like the crumbling of an institution. It also amazes me that I can feel so sad about someone I have never meet in person, which means he was able to touch my life in many ways over many years.
Wishing all his loved ones Peace.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 26 May, 2011 09:42 pm
Monuments may rise and tablets be set up to them in their own land, but on far-off shores there is an abiding memorial that no pen or chisel has traced; it is graven not on stone or brass, but on the living hearts of humanity.

0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 26 May, 2011 10:11 pm
Very sad news.

The sorrow we know when death comes is the price we pay for the love and affection we knew in life.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 26 May, 2011 10:37 pm
Oh no. He was doing so much better lately. I really hoped he would have a few more months to enjoy the garden and the birds and Fred and Sally and Dante. And you, Diane, most of all.

Sending you the biggest, longest, softest hug imaginable. He loved you so much. I think that love was what sustained him through the last few years.

The last time I saw Bob -- I just checked back through my messages...has it really been three years?! -- we sat on the patio and I just held his hand for the longest time. We really didn't need to say anything. It's so rare to have a friend like that. I was so fond of him, and I know the feeling was mutual. I will miss him very much.

Please know that although we are not there in the house with you, Diane, we are with you in spirit.

And so is Bob. Nothing...Nothing...Nothing can ever change that.
JLNobody

Reply Thu 26 May, 2011 10:47 pm
@Eva,
I am so moved by these words from Bob's friends. They help me to release my emotions as I'm sure they do for all of us. They also show what a noble group of people we have here.
0 Replies

laughoutlood

Reply Thu 26 May, 2011 10:49 pm
@Diane,
Heartfelt condolence. Be as strong as Bob is free.
0 Replies