An Example Of The New Civility

Reply Wed 25 May, 2011 07:42 pm
I think it's time for Ed to go back to the factory. You can take the boy out of the bar, but you can't take the drunk political hack out of the boy.

http://www.nationalreview.com/media-blog/268106/ed-schultz-calls-laura-ingraham-slut-air-nat-brown

Pukka Sahib

Reply Thu 26 May, 2011 07:02 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
There is a lack of civility of late. On the subject of politics, in particular, people have become so polemic and so partisan that there is no place for argument anymore. The opposing party has become "the enemy." One cannot even agree to disagree for there is no tolerance for opposing views. It is a sad state of affairs when people can no longer even talk to each other without coming to blows.

But then this is nothing new in the history of politics. One of Octavian’s first acts as Triumvir was to add his friend, and mentor, Cicero to the proscription lists to appease Antony, who had Cicero’s head and hands mounted on the Senate Rostra in the Forum Romanum. (A high price to pay for his Philippics!) And, in our own history, Alexander Hamilton might have lived to be President had he been more civil in his dealings with Aaron Burr.
0 Replies

Renaldo Dubois

Reply Thu 26 May, 2011 07:35 am
I agree. All you have to do is spend a few days around here. It's sad and pitiful.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Thu 26 May, 2011 09:53 am
I copied this letter from a radio listener of Laura Ingraham.

I recently sent this to Mr. Ed Schultz upon hearing his grotesque comments about you on his radio show:

Dear Ed Schultz,

You're comments made towards Ms. Laura Ingraham, a highly intelligent, successful, and respectable woman, were not only highly offensive to Ms. Ingraham, but also myself. As an 18 year FEMALE, the word slut is tossed around daily by teenagers...and, as it looks from your face on your website, you, Mr. Schultz, are no teenager. I am not condoning this word used by young adults, and even in some cases younger than this, but you as a 57 year old man, takes this word use to another extreme. You should not be making these remarks about someone who, although you may not deem this possible, is your equal. You're behavior is disgusting and your not showing any regret is obscene. You are a pitiful excuse of a man to be able to put down a woman the way that you TRIED to. Reagan drank that beer in 1983. Laura was at Dartmouth. I doubt you read the Dartmouth Review on-line since Al Gore hadn't invented the internet yet. What are the chances of you remembering a comment made from Ms. Ingraham over a quarter century ago? I find this hard to believe, Mr. Schultz. Laura Ingraham is a remarkable person and a wonderful mother. She is also a brilliant and gifted writer. The size of her audience is MANY times that of yours. She graduated from Dartmouth and Virginia School of Law, while you cheated on your first wife with the second and barely made it out of Minnesota State Moorehead...You have some serious guts! You shall always be known for these outbursts - which are usually idiotic and highly insulting to the target of your anger.

With all due respect,

Michele L.

Age 18
05/26/11 7:35 AM
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Thu 26 May, 2011 10:39 am
bookmark
0 Replies

Renaldo Dubois

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 09:20 am
Some more on this topic.
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2011/05/slut_whats_in_a_name.html
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 09:24 am
This is
Quote:
about men who preach civility but practice misogyny.”

Quote:
"...there are mixed interpretations about the word."
Right...sure.

Unacceptable, whether conservative or liberal.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 09:28 am
@panzade,
Of course it is, but how often do we see the lefty apologists do this to defend their hatred? Too often.
panzade

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 09:32 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
I often see the righty apologists do the same thing
If you're pointing out the new "incivility" across the political spectrum, I'm with you.

If you're using this episode to bludgeon lefties...
go **** in your hat Very Happy

Get it? The new "incivility"?
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 09:34 am
@panzade,
More of the "new civility". Thanks for proving my point. Give us some examples since you claim you see this often from the right. Go for it.
panzade

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 10:42 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
It was a joke Renaldo. Just once I'd love to see you laugh.

0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 10:58 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Quote:
I agree. All you have to do is spend a few days around here. It's sad and pitiful.

This, from Renaldo, is just too f'ing funny.

Renaldo wrote:
I have to admit that getting the real story from a good looking woman is a lot easier to take than from femnazis like Margaret Carlson. I prefer my women brainy and good looking. I don't know why you would prefer homely liberal women who are stupid. Conservative women are much more sexy.

Renaldo wrote:
Why don't you just admit you are a muslim ass licker who bows to Mecca.

Renaldo wrote:
And you are the average lefty. You need a victim to excuse your incompetence.

Renaldo wrote:
Hey lefties. Please tell your muslim brothers to stop bombing innocent muslim and non-muslim civilians.

Renaldo wrote:
Tell me, is being dumber than a goat kinda like being high all the time? Let us know. You lose.

Renaldo wrote:
That's right. [Obama will] have to mention that he is Puerto Rican as well as Irish and Kenyan.......

And there are hundreds more where this came from. Just search for Renaldo.
parados

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 11:14 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Are you talking about the Laura Ingram that has never insulted anyone?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/03/19/laura-ingraham-i-never-ca_n_176840.html

http://www.nowpublic.com/culture/laura-ingraham-insults-guest-during-commercial-break

http://tpmlivewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/08/colbert-attacks-laura-ingraham-for-hideous-hackneyed-racial-stereotypes-in-her-obama-book-video.php
0 Replies

Renaldo Dubois

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 11:18 am
@maxdancona,
Another dishonest post. Why don't you show all of us the posts that I was replying to. Any fool can cherry pick.
panzade

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 11:18 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Everyone remembers the hand wringing in the media about the loss of civility in our society in the wake of the Gabrielle Giffords assassination attempt.

Rush Limbaugh reacted to the instantly infamous mugshot of Jared Lee Loughner, the suspected gunman in the Arizona shooting, by saying that Loughner is smiling in the picture because he knows he is backed by the Democratic Party.

Rush said:
Quote:
"What Mr. Loughner knows is that he has the full support of a major political party in this country.
He's sitting there in jail. He knows what's going on, he knows that...the Democrat party is attempting to find anybody but him to blame.

He knows if he plays his cards right, he's just a victim. He's the latest in a never-ending parade of victims brought about by the unfairness of America...this guy clearly understands he's getting all the attention and he understands he's got a political party doing everything it can, plus a local sheriff doing everything that they can to make sure he's not convicted of murder - but something lesser."

Hearing Rush's uncivil lies is nauseating but the problem lies much deeper. It resides in Roger Ailes management of Fox News.

From a recent article about Fox and Ailes:
Quote:
"The result of this concerted campaign of disinformation is a viewership that knows almost nothing about what’s going on in the world.

According to recent polls, Fox News viewers are the most misinformed of all news consumers. They are 12 percentage points more likely to believe the stimulus package caused job losses, 17 points more likely to believe Muslims want to establish Shariah law in America, 30 points more likely to say that scientists dispute global warming, and 31 points more likely to doubt President Obama’s citizenship.

In fact, a study by the University of Maryland reveals, ignorance of Fox viewers actually increases the longer they watch the network. That’s because Ailes isn’t interested in providing people with information, or even a balanced range of perspectives. Like his political mentor, Richard Nixon, Ailes traffics in the emotions of victimization."

Uncivil behaviour isn't limited to words like slut, it also encompasses overt lies that pit those in our society against each other.

Renaldo. Do you really believe the new civility is just a liberal problem?
Doesn't it make more sense that it is a problem across the political spectrum?

Be honest.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 11:20 am
@panzade,
Okay, let's get honest. An opinion is not name calling. I don't see anything in Rush's post calling anyone any dirty names. Are you going to defend the left's sick attempt to blame Gabby's shooting on Sarah Palin and the Tea Party? No? I thought not.
parados

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 11:28 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Gosh.. Renaldo..
This from a man that claims to have molested his daughter....
He claimed to have had sex with my sister and claims to be my father.

http://able2know.org/topic/171915-3#post-4605389
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

Right after your sister and I had majestic sex.

http://able2know.org/topic/169134-32#post-4590930
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

I'm your daddy.

Any fool can read your statements and realize you are a child molester if what you post is true. So.. either you are a liar or you are a child molester and you want us to accept your judgment about others?
maxdancona

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 01:16 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo,

You have been one of the least civil people here. It has nothing to do with your political views, there are several conservatives who I consider civil. You are one of the two or three least civil people on here.

I invite you to "cherry pick" my posts and find anywhere that I have called anyone an ass-licker or threated to have sex with their sister. I think post for post your posts would win an incivility contest with pretty much anyone (except maybe H20man and JGoldman).

I certainly can be overly sarcastic when I think someone is being deliberately wrong. But my posts don't rise anywhere close to the level of incivility you consistently display. And, of course, I am not starting threads where I can judge the civility of others.

The irony is that you, of all people, would start a thread about civility. That is the funniest thing I have heard all week.

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 01:23 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I think post for post your posts would win an incivility contest with pretty much anyone (except maybe H20man and JGoldman).

Maxipad, you are one confused individual... thanks for the chuckle though Laughing
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 01:26 pm
Ed Schultz also gave a sincere, unequivocal apology for what he said. He apologized directly to Laura Ingram with no excuses. He fully accepted the responsibility and the consequences.

I don't think I have heard this sincere and complete apology from a talk show host.If more people acted this way when they made mistakes, it would be a more civil world.