izzythepush

Fri 6 Feb, 2015 04:20 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Norfolk eh? "we're the lads from Norfolk, we don't drink, we don't smoke Norfolk.
bobsal u1553115

Fri 6 Feb, 2015 04:37 pm
@izzythepush,
Norfolk "no dogs, no sailors!", Virginia.

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia-cache-ec0.pinimg.com%2F736x%2F20%2F8b%2Fb8%2F208bb8268a1e5fc07ae08e88c9427a09.jpg&f=1
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Fri 6 Feb, 2015 05:11 pm

Paul Ryan’s Most Shameless Lie Ever

By Jonathan Chait at NY Magazine

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2015/02/paul-ryans-most-shameless-lie-ever.html

"SNIP..................

Shamelessness is the primary feature of Paul Ryan’s public persona (the secondary feature being a woundedness he displays when his shamelessness is pointed out). Yet it is possible that nothing in Ryan’s long and distinguished career in the field of shamelessness has ever exceeded his comments in yesterday’s New York Times on the Obama budget. Ryan’s complaint is that Obama’s economic policies have exacerbated the gap between the rich and the poor. “The Obamanomics that we’re practicing now have exacerbated inequality,” he claims. “They’ve exacerbated stagnation. They’re made things worse. The wealthy are doing really well. They’re practicing trickle down economics now.”

What gives Ryan’s comments a veneer of plausibility is that income inequality has increased continuously, punctuated by a few short reversals, for more than three decades. Economists have extensively studied and debated the cause of rising inequality for years, clustering about multiple theories: the decline of labor unions, technological change, the growth of finance, and so on. None of the theories blame Obama’s economic policies.

We also do not yet know at this point whether the current recovery will produce the sort of rapid growth that lifts incomes in the middle and bottom, like the economy did at the height of the 1990s boom, or whether it will fail to do so, as happened during the previous recovery. It is worth pointing out that, comparing the previous two economic cycles, the one that followed the economic policies advocated by Ryan at the time, the Bush recovery, yielded stagnant incomes for middle- and working-class Americans, while the Clinton recovery, the one that favored higher taxes on the rich, bitterly opposed by Ryan, yielded much greater success. This contrast does not prove that the Democratic agenda necessarily produces stronger growth than the Republican agenda, but it certainly undercuts Ryan’s belief that the opposite is true.

What can be proven beyond a doubt is that, even if underlying economic trends have increased inequality, Obama’s economic policies have reduced it sharply. The stimulus included tax cuts for low-wage workers, and the Affordable Care Act was financed in part by higher taxes on the rich. Back when conservatives were lambasting Obama for stealing hard-earned money from the rich and handing it out to the unworthy poor, rather than pretending to worry about inequality, they were happy to make this perfectly clear.

....................SNIP"
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sat 7 Feb, 2015 10:22 am
The charred body of Jesse Washington; whites from Waco, not ISIS, burned him alive - By Bill Moyers
WARNING! 2 Graphic Images @ link

BILL MOYERS
07 FEB 2015 AT 05:49 ET

They burned him alive in an iron cage, and as he screamed and writhed in the agony of hell they made a sport of his death.

After listening to one newscast after another rightly condemn the barbaric killing of that Jordanian air force pilot at the bloody hands of ISIS, I couldn’t sleep. My mind kept roaming the past trying to retrieve a vaguely remembered photograph that I had seen long ago in the archives of a college library in Texas.

Suddenly, around two in the morning, the image materialized in my head. I made my way down the hall to my computer and typed in: “Waco, Texas. Lynching.”

Sure enough, there it was: the charred corpse of a young black man, tied to a blistered tree in the heart of the Texas Bible Belt. Next to the burned body, young white men can be seen smiling and grinning, seemingly jubilant at their front-row seats in a carnival of death. One of them sent a picture postcard home: “This is the barbeque we had last night. My picture is to the left with a cross over it. Your son, Joe.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Jesse_Washington_laying_on_ground-800x430.gif

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/02/this-is-the-charred-body-of-jesse-washington-and-whites-from-waco-not-isis-burned-him-alive/

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/jesse-washington-lot13093-no.38.jpg
bobsal u1553115

Sat 7 Feb, 2015 01:34 pm
Mississippi Republican switched to Democratic Party because GOP refused Obamacare's Medicaid (VIDEO)

Former Mississippi Republican State Senator Tim Johnson could not take it anymore. The last straw was Mississippi's refusal to accept Obamacare expansion.
http://egbertowillies.com/2015/02/07/mississippi-tim-johnson-republican-democrat-switch/
0 Replies

Baldimo

Sat 7 Feb, 2015 02:41 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Do they publish these stories so that we won't be mad at ISIS? Obama did the same thing at the national prayer breakfast when he compared ISIS and the hundreds of years ago crusades. Obama can never level criticism at those outside the US without making sure he talks down to those in the US at the same time. Shameless!!!
hawkeye10

Sat 7 Feb, 2015 02:46 pm
@Baldimo,
I am supposed to feel guilty about the crusades?? Seriously??!!

I had nothing to do with them, as the timeline makes clear.
Baldimo

Sat 7 Feb, 2015 02:55 pm
@hawkeye10,
That was Obama's point behind mentioning the crusades in his speech. Don't be made at these guys, after all they are only doing what Christians did over 1000 years ago. The problem? The Crusades, the first few crusades were an attempt to drive Muslim invaders out of Europe where they had been invading for a few hundred years prior to the first crusades. I love how Obama can change history and the MSM doesn't correct him on it. Oh that's right, they all think alike, my bad.
hawkeye10

Sat 7 Feb, 2015 03:42 pm
@Baldimo,
It was an example of how far from reason liberals are willing to go to justify their fucked up beliefs (aka fantasies).
0 Replies

RABEL222

Sat 7 Feb, 2015 05:06 pm
@hawkeye10,
It was a bunch of Christians trying to conquer the holy lands for the wealth there using religion as a cover. Much like todays religions both christian and muslim.
hawkeye10

Sat 7 Feb, 2015 05:12 pm
@RABEL222,
"20-30 generations ago some people in Europe did some bad thing, so we Americans should not condemn the followers of Islam for their bad acts today" does not sing for me.
RABEL222

Sat 7 Feb, 2015 06:20 pm
@hawkeye10,
Wasent singing friend. Just stating facts and with your usual wit you just ignore them.
coldjoint

Sat 7 Feb, 2015 07:46 pm
Ready for the facts?
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_To-cV94B[/youtube]
RexRed

Sat 7 Feb, 2015 08:12 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

I am supposed to feel guilty about the crusades?? Seriously??!!

I had nothing to do with them, as the timeline makes clear.

It would seem the old conquerors of Rome and Greece i.e. Alexander the Great, the Vikings etc they conquered for the spread of civilization, to unite constantly warring tribal factions with reasonable rule of law.

The underlying religion was always the same pagan in nature and the "Gods" were so similar you could easily superimpose one system of belief over the other.

Today's religion is anti-reason, anti-science and they bear similarity only in their barbarity.

If you perpetuate this same religious system, you are equally as guilty as its predecessors.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sun 8 Feb, 2015 06:39 am
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x62/DFW_photo/bigspender_zps87ba8239.png
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sun 8 Feb, 2015 06:39 am
@coldjoint,
The math professor, again???????
0 Replies

revelette2

Sun 8 Feb, 2015 07:57 am
I sometimes wonder if you guys who are always ready to think the worst of Obama's every statement are ever able to see past your noses?

Obama's only point is that every religion has extremist. Perhaps someday, people will be able to look on today's Muslim extremists the same as we look on pasts Christian extremists such as the crusades and in the inquisitions which were both carried out in the name of Christianity. Followers of Islam have the same ability to raise above violence as any other followers of faith. In the end we are all people no matter our origins and/or faith.

His main point it is not the religion which is inherently violent, but those carry out violence in the name of religion are what gives the religion a violent reputation.
bobsal u1553115

Sun 8 Feb, 2015 09:56 am
@Baldimo,
What are you trying to say? That ISIS isn't a crusade, just like most crusades? Do you think Orthodox Christians weren't on a "crusade" in Bosnia-Herzegovina and ten years later in Kosovo? Do you think it was was a coincidence the victims were by and large Muslim? I remember a slogan from then: Serbs would do anything to keep Kosovo Serbian - anything- except live there. ISIS is as abysmal as any Christian crusade. Including the division of the middle east after WWI - that was a crusade to lock down oil. And nothing but mostly Arab and Muslim murder has happened as another crusade went on concurrently - Zionist Israel. Who got displaced then? Mostly Arab and Muslim. Coincidence. Those 'crazy' Muslims? ******* crusades.
bobsal u1553115

Sun 8 Feb, 2015 10:00 am
@RABEL222,
Let alone that the first city sacked in the Crusades was Byzantium - a Christian Kingdom, the capital of the Eastern Roman Empire. That the children on the Children's Crusade were sold into slavery on north Africa by Christian ship owners from Italy. That the Crusaders killed other Christians and Jews as well as Muslims. Crusades are almost all shameful.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sun 8 Feb, 2015 10:03 am
@RABEL222,
Isn't it funny how conservatives believe their values go back centuries but that history starts now? That was then. Funny how they ALL say that. It doesn't mean anything if happened before now.
0 Replies