RexRed

Tue 4 Nov, 2014 04:40 pm
@parados,
Thank you for pointing that out for me Parados. This is why I asked. Fish farms did not occur to me.

We have thousands of inlets in Maine for possible fish farms and it is good to explore this resource I think. Perhaps it might take the over fishing problem and alleviate it a bit, I agree.

If huge corporations just move in and take over the waters then that is not good for the middle class, just one more conglomerate monopolizing the waters. I am divided but I need more details. That is all we need is Walmart (or the likes) opening up fish farms in Maine.

More minimum wage jobs yay! ...and no health care (thanks to LePage)!!! (cynical)

I ate at McDonalds today it is near the voting station. Not one worker there was under the age of 25... Most of them were not under 35... And the mangers make 8 dollars an hour.
RexRed

Tue 4 Nov, 2014 05:01 pm
When my family moved to Maine 46 years ago, there were so many fish and the fisherman caught so many crabs and sea urchins they would throw them back into the sea.

No one ever thought of eating muscles. We would toss a hook into the sea with some bait in moments catch great cod fish 4 and 5 plus feet long. Haddock and flounder were so plentiful!

The government gave the university millions in grants to improve sustainability and do population research. Well, you can see how that money turned out. They must have took money from both ends. In the end they had allowed the waters to become decimated. Now they even market eels and sea urchins anything that moves people will eat. This money has led to the near extinction of many species of marine life.

I do not trust the university's ability to protect our marine ecosystem anymore. The sad proof is in the horrible state of our fishing industry today.

Soon they will be selling the mud as a delicacy in restaurants...

This grant money has done "nothing" to improve sustainability and the overall population of marine life.

And the fishermen will protest and protest 'til they have caught the very last fish... They don't care either... The fishermen boo hoo about how their children will not be able to make living on the sea, well, maybe they did not need that second luxury car in the driveway???
0 Replies

mysteryman

Tue 4 Nov, 2014 06:24 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
nobody really cares!

Apparently you do, or you wouldnt keep mentioning it.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Tue 4 Nov, 2014 06:39 pm
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:
I ate at McDonalds today it is near the VOTING station. Not one worker there was under the age of 25... Most of them were not under 35... And the mangers make 8 dollars an hour.

Managers make $8/hr! What do the regular counter workers earn? What's the minimum wage in Maine anyway?
RexRed

Tue 4 Nov, 2014 07:57 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
7.50 USD per hour (Jan 1, 2014)
0 Replies

mysteryman

Tue 4 Nov, 2014 08:01 pm
@RexRed,
Quote:

I ate at McDonalds today it is near the voting station. Not one worker there was under the age of 25... Most of them were not under 35... And the mangers make 8 dollars an hour.

BULL!!!!!
http://www.mcstate.com/careers/jobs/3403/604?utm_source=Indeed&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=Indeed&source=Indeed.com&sourceType=PREMIUM_POST_SITE

That link says a manager TRAINEE will make $10-$12 an hour.

hawkeye10

Tue 4 Nov, 2014 08:09 pm
@mysteryman,
They are I am sure talking about shift leaders, who make $10-11 and hour. THere are also assistant shift leaders who get .25 to .50 bump for the position.

I know a guy who managed a KFC, he ended up making less than $10 because he worked 70 hours a week to keep the hourly payroll down, he was the only guy on salary. He then made a bunch at the end in the form of a bonus to get his hourly back around $14.

Managers making $8 an hour for real? No way, nowhere in the country, and certainly not in Maine.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Wed 5 Nov, 2014 02:39 am
I just got out of bed, and looking at the election returns it looks like a major victory for the repubs last night.
I am not sure if thats a good thing or not, we wont know that for a while yet.

Rex, what are you going to do now?
revelette2

Wed 5 Nov, 2014 07:07 am
@mysteryman,
Hi, mysteryman, I was bitter yesterday and showing it, I knew the republicans were going to get the senate and keep the house. Luckily, I am a moody person, and I don't keep it up long.

Anyway, I only hope they don't impeach the President.
parados

Wed 5 Nov, 2014 09:13 am
@revelette2,
I'm sure there will be a push by some to start impeachment. Let's hope heads that are slightly above a 2 yr old prevail.
Frank Apisa

Wed 5 Nov, 2014 09:40 am
@parados,
parados wrote:

I'm sure there will be a push by some to start impeachment. Let's hope heads that are slightly above a 2 yr old prevail.

Amen. Although I would not be astonished to see the 2 yr old mentality prevail.

My guess is that the focus of the new congress will be the same as the focus of the old one...do everything possible to destroy any hope of Barack Obama getting anything done.
Baldimo

Wed 5 Nov, 2014 10:01 am
@Frank Apisa,
Keep in mind, the only people who talked about impeachment were the Dems. No one in the GOP leadership has called for impeachment. Come January Congress will be controlled by the GOP and maybe Obama will now work with the GOP. He no longer has Reid to protect him from uncomfortable decisions. Will Obama be forced to use his veto?
cicerone imposter

Wed 5 Nov, 2014 10:12 am
Relax; there's not been any talk of impeachment of the president by the GOP.

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Wed 5 Nov, 2014 10:14 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Keep in mind, the only people who talked about impeachment were the Dems. No one in the GOP leadership has called for impeachment. Come January Congress will be controlled by the GOP and maybe Obama will now work with the GOP. He no longer has Reid to protect him from uncomfortable decisions. Will Obama be forced to use his veto?

C’mon, Baldimo…gimme a break. Did you really think you could get away with that “Keep in mind, the only people who talked about impeachment were the Dems. No one in the GOP leadership has called for impeachment.”

You want to compare anyone who is a Democrat…to only the Republican leadership????

Do you think we all are as naïve as American conservatives?

Here is a small list of the many Republican legislators and former legislators who have spoken about impeachment of Barack Obama. There are many, many more. (But thanks for the laugh!)

Republican Congressman Michael C. Burgess of Texas

Republican Darrell Issa of California

Senator Jon Kyl of Arizona

Republican Senator James Inhofe of Oklahoma

Republican Congressman Jason Chaffetz of Utah

Republican Senator Tom Coburn of Oklahoma r

Congressman Blake Farenthold of Texas

Republican Congressman Kerry Bentivolio of Michigan

Frank Apisa

Wed 5 Nov, 2014 10:16 am
Impeachment!

Not only has there been talk of it from the GOP...there has been outspoken advocacy of it.

Anyone who doesn't realize that ought to re-think the situation.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Wed 5 Nov, 2014 10:19 am
@Frank Apisa,
Links? Impeachment talk started on MSNBC and other Dems. It wasn't a GOP talking point.

The people who call the shots in the party won't do impeachment. It's that simple. Other GOP'ers can talk about it all they want but the leadership won't let it happen.
carloslebaron

Wed 5 Nov, 2014 10:49 am
First post

Quote:
AFL-CIO President Rich Trumka gives powerful speech on worker's rights & the tough questions America faces today. A must-watch.

Like & share this post if you agree: "The moral character of America is worth fighting for."

Republicans are not out of office. Republicans won the Senate and House majority.

Now what?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 5 Nov, 2014 10:52 am
@parados,
Quote:
I'm sure

I am sure people are fed up with your lies and the hack president you support. The Keystone pipeline should be starting shortly. More jobs, less government dependency.
0 Replies

revelette2

Wed 5 Nov, 2014 10:59 am
@Baldimo,
Impeach Obama, says Michael Burgess

Darrell Issa and Fox News Lay the Foundation for Impeaching Obama Over the IRS Scandal

GOP Senator: If We Take Senate, We’ll Impeach Obama

Jason Chaffetz: Impeachment not off table

For the rest, just copy and paste each of the names and type in impeachment beside it. Easy.
cicerone imposter

Wed 5 Nov, 2014 11:11 am
@revelette2,
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/impeachmentbegins.asp
0 Replies