coldjoint

Mon 27 Oct, 2014 10:47 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
You're not only a pussy, but a stupid one.

You going to take that abuse Rex?
0 Replies

revelette2

Mon 27 Oct, 2014 11:05 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Oh, well, speaking as one born and lived a good deal of my life in Kentucky, most never vote for their own good, much the rest of the country's. Mitch has been having back to back TV ads talking about coal and Grimes being too liberal for Kentucky. More than likely, it will work, always has. Sorry to be a downer, but it's realistic.
bobsal u1553115

Tue 28 Oct, 2014 06:39 am
http://upload.democraticunderground.com/imgs/2014/141027-kentucky-newspapers-endorse-grimes.jpg
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 28 Oct, 2014 06:41 am
@revelette2,
I get a feeling this election might be one for the books.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 28 Oct, 2014 06:53 am
Top Republican, campaigning for gubernatorial candidate, says some of state’s voters ‘might not be as sharp as a knife’

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/oct/21/insult-wisconsin-voters-scott-walker-election

Scott Walker and Mary Burke Wisconsin Wisconsin Republican governor Scott Walker, right, and Democratic challenger Mary Burke at a televised debate on Friday. Photograph: Benny Sieu/AP

In a tight election it’s common to flatter voters or promise them the earth, but a top Republican supporting governor Scott Walker’s campaign in Wisconsin has tried a novel approach: insulting them.

“I don’t want to say anything about your Wisconsin voters,” Sharon Day, co-chair of the Republican National Committee, told an audience, “but some of them might not be as sharp as a knife.”

Parachuting into a battleground state to tell voters they’re not very bright and should vote for Walker suggested Day might not be the sharpest tool in the GOP box.

Bill Glauber of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel first reported the comments, made at a party field office in Waukesha, and they swiftly made headlines. Day must have “missed the memo” on charming voters, wrote the Huffington Post.

Opinion polls show a dead heat between Walker and his Democratic challenger, Mary Burke, in next month’s midterm election. They are tied at 47%, according to a Marquette University poll.

Day, who was born in Texas and has lived the last few decades in Florida, where she serves as the party’s top official, flew in with other GOP bigwigs to bolster Walker.

She appeared baffled that badger state voters were not all clamouring to re-elect a divisive governor with an anaemic job creation record. “It’s not going to be an easy election, it’s a close election. Like I said, much closer than I can even understand why.”

Walker is a GOP star for having faced down public sector unions. He is touted as a possible presidential candidate in 2016.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 28 Oct, 2014 07:56 am
https://38.media.tumblr.com/2ba3a52d7464a20e07685ec0c270413f/tumblr_ne48t5kNA81qzsnxyo1_1280.jpg
nydia2013

Tue 28 Oct, 2014 08:28 am
@bobsal u1553115,
http://i.imgur.com/A4BPNcY.jpg

Yes yessiree, the Republicans are against anything that will help Americans help themselves. It's almost uncanny that a party voted in by the people would do their level best to keep these same people in poverty conditions. They are against a health insurance plan that will cover all Americans because then private insurance companies will not be able to get rich. The Republicans are against an increase in minimum wage. The Republicans are for deportation of all Latino immigrants and FOR privatizing Social Security. My Gawd, how awful! Now we see why the Republicans have to cheat to win. The Republican Party is the least popular of both main parties and so they had to gerrymander southern districts to assure their keeping their seats. One day, things will change. One day, it will get better for all Americans and the nasty Republicans will not be allowed to fight for the rich and keep the poor down.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 28 Oct, 2014 08:58 am
the media is ALL over this: U.S. consumer confidence jumps in October/highest since 2007
U.S. consumer confidence jumps in October its highest level since October 2007

(Reuters) - U.S. consumer confidence rose in October to its highest level since October 2007 as views on the job market improved, according to a private sector report released on Tuesday.

The Conference Board, an industry group, said its index of consumer attitudes rose to 94.5 from a upwardly revised reading of 89.0 the month before. Economists had expected a reading of 87.0, according to a Reuters poll.

September's reading was originally reported as 86.0.

"A more favorable assessment of the current job market and business conditions contributed to the improvement in consumers' view of the present situation," Lynn Franco, director of economic indicators at The Conference Board, said in a statement.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/10/28/us-usa-economy-confidence-idUSKBN0IH1FN20141028
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 28 Oct, 2014 09:27 am
http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ucomics.com/lc141028.gif
cicerone imposter

Tue 28 Oct, 2014 09:45 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Is this legit? I just received an email from michelleobama01.
Lustig Andrei

Tue 28 Oct, 2014 11:16 am
@cicerone imposter,
Why are you so lucky? I didn't get one.
cicerone imposter

Tue 28 Oct, 2014 11:22 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Maybe it's because I post so damn much on a2k. Embarrassed

The address looks legit;
Quote:
michelle obama
@michelleobama01
coldjoint

Tue 28 Oct, 2014 12:37 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Maybe it's because I post so damn much on a2k.

Maybe because it shows you are an old fool.
Frank Apisa

Tue 28 Oct, 2014 12:49 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:

Why are you so lucky? I didn't get one.

I did...and one from Bill Clinton and one from Harry Reid also.

All of them exhorted me to send money to the Democratic Party...and all of them told me it was very important that I do so.

One had both my name and Nancy's on it.

On average, I get four to six of these things every goddam day.

Really surprised you didn't get one, Andy. You are located here in the US...right?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 28 Oct, 2014 12:56 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Doncha just hate that crap? Sign one petition and you're spammed by the DNC.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 28 Oct, 2014 01:00 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
And I didn't get one from Nancy Pelosi, either, telling me not to bother voting next week because the electionis already lost head "Its too late, pack it up and go home!"
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 28 Oct, 2014 01:01 pm
@coldjoint,
And worse, you're a simple twit who doesn't seem to get that CI has you on ignore. I'm the designated adult. I am one of the very few here that doesn't have you on ignore! Dummy.
bobsal u1553115

Tue 28 Oct, 2014 01:06 pm
http://upload.democraticunderground.com/imgs/2014/141028-john-boehner-engages-in-weird-revisionist-campaign-trail-fantasy-about-bush-and-putin.jpg
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 28 Oct, 2014 01:16 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
And worse, you're a simple twit who doesn't seem to get that CI has you on ignore.

Looks like he is reading my posts. I don't care either way. You can't handle anything but carrying water for progressive liars.
Quote:
@parados,
icebrain doesn't understand materiality and reality. He fears Muslims and ebola, but doesn't fear all the white mass murders.

bobsal u1553115

Wed 29 Oct, 2014 07:49 am
Texas Election Judge Had To Turn Away 93-Year-Old Veteran Due To Strict Voter ID Law

http://thinkprogress.org/election/2014/10/27/3584645/texas-voter-id-pollworkers/

“An elderly man, a veteran. Ninety-three years old,” Parsley, an election judge for the last 15 years, told ThinkProgress. “His license had expired.”

Under Texas’ new voter ID law, one of the strictest in the nation, citizens are required to present one of seven forms of photo identification to vote. The identification can be a Texas-issued driver’s license, a federally-issued veteran’s ID card, or a gun registration card, among other forms. Licenses can be expired, but not for more than 60 days.

The man Parsley said he had to turn away was a registered voter, but his license had been expired for a few years, likely because he had stopped driving. Parsley said the man had never gotten a veteran’s identification card. And though he had “all sorts” of other identification cards with his picture on it, they weren’t valid under the law — so the election judges told him he had to go to the Department of Public Safety, and renew his license.

“He just felt real bad, you know, because he’s voted all his life,” Parsley said.
0 Replies