mysteryman

Sat 2 Aug, 2014 06:01 am
@Frank Apisa,
Isnt that the same irrational hatred that you condemn in people that feel that way about Obama?
Frank Apisa

Sat 2 Aug, 2014 06:09 am
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

Isnt that the same irrational hatred that you condemn in people that feel that way about Obama?

Not sure that I spend much time condemning people who hate Obama, Mysteryman. After all, I freely acknowledge that I was irrational in my feelings about Dubya.

But, yes, you are correct. It is a bit irrational. I ought to feel ashamed of myself.
0 Replies

buttflake

Sat 2 Aug, 2014 12:43 pm
Quote:
Florida Congressman: ‘White People’ to Blame for Collapse of Amnesty in Congress

Left wing whining and racism at its finest. Of course this is a black democrat.
http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2014/08/02/florida-congressman-white-people-to-blame-for-collapse-of-amnesty-in-congress/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
cicerone imposter

Sat 2 Aug, 2014 12:45 pm
@buttflake,
Hey, buttbrain, besides being an ignorant racial bigot and know nothing, what is your real message?
buttflake

Sat 2 Aug, 2014 12:50 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Hey, buttbrain, besides being an ignorant racial bigot and know nothing, what is your real message?

You want to rephrase your question. I don't respond to name calling from someone that drones on and on and says nothing. Thank you.
0 Replies

buttflake

Sat 2 Aug, 2014 01:02 pm
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-7LSnZilhGuI/U9eLjoJavSI/AAAAAAAAImE/Xp5f6QymMiA/s400/Addams+Family+Obama+Administration.jpg
0 Replies

buttflake

Sat 2 Aug, 2014 01:07 pm
http://moonbattery.com/graphics/change.jpg
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sat 2 Aug, 2014 08:24 pm
Colorado Senator charged with 3 felonies

http://gazette.com/colorado-senator-charged-with-3-felonies/article/1534801

http://cdn.csgazette.biz/cache/w300-fbe4b483004dc85a5fc573cedd78fca0.jpg

Steve King, R-Naturally

Colorado Senator charged with 3 felonies
The Associated Press • Updated: July 31, 2014 at 7:25 am

GRAND JUNCTION — Republican state Sen. Steve King is facing three felony charges alleging he falsified time cards and defrauded two former employers out of thousands of dollars.

King, a longtime resident of western Colorado's Grand Valley, was issued a summons Wednesday on felony counts of embezzlement of public property, forgery and theft. He also was charged with misdemeanor counts of forgery and official misconduct.

The complaint alleges King defrauded the Mesa County Sheriff's Office and Colorado Mesa University of $2,000 to $5,000 between July 2013 and December. The Grand Junction Daily Sentinel reported Wednesday that no affidavit explaining the basis for the charges was filed.

~snip~

The Denver Post reported King's troubles began when he was fired from his part-time job at the Mesa County Sheriff's Office because he was accused of falsifying time cards. He had been an investigator with the department before he was elected to the Legislature in 2006 and had continued to work there part-time while he was a senator.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sat 2 Aug, 2014 08:34 pm
@Baldimo,
No. Because corporations are not people. Claiming it so has the effect of giving more rights to some people.

The Federal government has a mandate to look out for the welfare of the people, remember the right to the pursuit of happiness? All people, not just the corporate 1%.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sat 2 Aug, 2014 08:36 pm
@Baldimo,
He hasn't done much about immigration because the Teapublican Congress wants to make this President fail, remember? More Executive Orders are in order.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sat 2 Aug, 2014 08:43 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Fri Apr 15, 2005 at 07:15 AM PDT
Horrifying, personal John Bolton story

by amyindallas

My best friend since college, Melody Townsel, was stationed in Kyrgyzstan on a US AID project. During her stay there, she became embroiled in a controversy in which the oh-so-diplomatic John Bolton was a key player. She described the incident in a letter to the Senate Foreign Relations Committee members (who have thus far responded with a yawn), and I wanted to share it with a larger audience.

Here's a small taste:

"Mr. Bolton proceeded to chase me through the halls of a Russian hotel -- throwing things at me, shoving threatening letters under my door and, generally, behaving like a madman."

More after the jump.

Here's the entire text of her letter:

Dear Sir:

I'm writing to urge you to consider blocking in committee the nomination of John Bolton as ambassador to the UN.

In the late summer of 1994, I worked as the subcontracted leader of a US AID project in Kyrgyzstan officially awarded to a HUB primary contractor. My own employer was Black, Manafort, Stone & Kelly, and I reported directly to Republican leader Charlie Black.

After months of incompetence, poor contract performance, inadequate in-country funding, and a general lack of interest or support in our work from the prime contractor, I was forced to make US AID officials aware of the prime contractor's poor performance.

I flew from Kyrgyzstan to Moscow to meet with other Black Manafort employees who were leading or subcontracted to other US AID projects. While there, I met with US AID officials and expressed my concerns about the project -- chief among them, the prime contractor's inability to keep enough cash in country to allow us to pay bills, which directly resulted in armed threats by Kyrgyz contractors to me and my staff.

Within hours of sending a letter to US AID officials outlining my concerns, I met John Bolton, whom the prime contractor hired as legal counsel to represent them to US AID. And, so, within hours of dispatching that letter, my hell began.

Mr. Bolton proceeded to chase me through the halls of a Russian hotel -- throwing things at me, shoving threatening letters under my door and, generally, behaving like a madman. For nearly two weeks, while I awaited fresh direction from my company and from US AID, John Bolton hounded me in such an appalling way that I eventually retreated to my hotel room and stayed there. Mr. Bolton, of course, then routinely visited me there to pound on the door and shout threats.

When US AID asked me to return to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan in advance of assuming leadership of a project in Kazakstan, I returned to my project to find that John Bolton had proceeded me by two days. Why? To meet with every other AID team leader as well as US foreign-service officials in Bishkek, claiming that I was under investigation for misuse of funds and likely was facing jail time. As US AID can confirm, nothing was further from the truth.

He indicated to key employees of or contractors to State that, based on his discussions with investigatory officials, I was headed for federal prison and, if they refused to cooperate with either him or the prime contractor's replacement team leader, they, too, would find themselves the subjects of federal investigation. As a further aside, he made unconscionable comments about my weight, my wardrobe and, with a couple of team leaders, my sexuality, hinting that I was a lesbian (for the record, I'm not).

When I resurfaced in Kyrgyzstan, I learned that he had done such a convincing job of smearing me that it took me weeks -- with the direct intervention of US AID officials -- to limit the damage. In fact, it was only US AID's appoinment of me as a project leader in Almaty, Kazakstan that largely put paid to the rumors Mr. Bolton maliciously circulated.

As a maligned whistleblower, I've learned firsthand the lengths Mr. Bolton will go to accomplish any goal he sets for himself. Truth flew out the window. Decency flew out the window. In his bid to smear me and promote the interests of his client, he went straight for the low road and stayed there.

John Bolton put me through hell -- and he did everything he could to intimidate, malign and threaten not just me, but anybody unwilling to go along with his version of events. His behavior back in 1994 wasn't just unforgivable, it was pathological.

I cannot believe that this is a man being seriously considered for any diplomatic position, let alone such a critical posting to the UN. Others you may call before your committee will be able to speak better to his stated dislike for and objection to stated UN goals. I write you to speak about the very character of the man.

It took me years to get over Mr. Bolton's actions in that Moscow hotel in 1994, his intensely personal attacks and his shocking attempts to malign my character.

I urge you from the bottom of my heart to use your ability to block Mr. Bolton's nomination in committee.

Respectfully yours,

Melody Townsel
Dallas, TX 75208
RexRed

Sat 2 Aug, 2014 11:00 pm
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/999287_654366697931148_1139875127_n.jpg?oh=f2eea4e9c55b95cd79b19c55217bc53d&oe=5459C304&__gda__=1415078869_47160ab6fafc639a04ee8c8ec70f3db4
bobsal u1553115

Sat 2 Aug, 2014 11:42 pm
@RexRed,
And its all the right things to do for starters!
0 Replies

buttflake

Sun 3 Aug, 2014 10:26 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
It took me years to get over Mr. Bolton's actions in that Moscow hotel in 1994, his intensely personal attacks and his shocking attempts to malign my character.

That makes Bolton sound like a liberal. Liberals cannot handle what they dish out.
0 Replies

RexRed

Sun 3 Aug, 2014 12:14 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

You know when someone says, I hate your tie, so you go home and change your tie. Then they don't like your suit, so you go and change that. Then they say you have terrible shoes. Eventually it gets down to the bare facts that there is something bigoted about the way this person sees this other person's attire.

It does not matter what they wear or how they wear it. FOR SOME REASON, they are despised. Now if that person happens to be BLACK there is the greatest probability that racism is the reason.

There are other reasons. Sometimes it has to do with religious differences but President Obama does not wear religion on his sleeve.

For the most part he is a moderate Christian... Nothing there for the Tea Party to hate.

President Obama wants to tax big business and use it to support the social services sector, education, clean energy, etc.

Considering that the poorest counties and states in the country are red states one would think the Tea Party would support President Obama enthusiastically on making the very rich pay taxes.

President Obama stands for so many good policies that the ONLY thing left for the Tea Party to hate, is race.

All of the blocking of policies have nothing to do with the policies but everything to do with race.

So to associate with the GOP even in the slightest bit is to be complicit in such a grand scheme of bigotry and racism.

Not even counting the Iraq war, this hatred the GOP has shown for President Obama has cost the American economy and people nearly a trillion dollars in Republican waste and fraud.

Why, because the Tea Party hates America? No, because they are racists they are not Americans...
0 Replies

RexRed

Sun 3 Aug, 2014 12:51 pm
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t1.0-9/10534773_10152616026239255_7966595311845860626_n.png
0 Replies

RexRed

Sun 3 Aug, 2014 01:13 pm
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t1.0-9/10563049_10152571132037908_211826667018887256_n.png
0 Replies

RexRed

Sun 3 Aug, 2014 01:24 pm
Poll: More Americans Sympathize With Israel
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-read/poll-more-americans-sympathize-israel-n170916
cicerone imposter

Sun 3 Aug, 2014 01:38 pm
@RexRed,
Not surprising at all! The majority of Americans are ignorant about the slaughter of innocent Palestinians, and their loss of freedoms and their homes - and almost everything else. If they were in the same situation, I'd be surprised if they continued to support the occupiers of their country who stole their lands, and continued to kill their family and friends.

TNCFS
0 Replies

RexRed

Sun 3 Aug, 2014 01:53 pm
10 States Most Dependent on the Federal Government
http://wallstcheatsheet.com/personal-finance/10-states-most-dependent-on-the-federal-government.html/?
0 Replies