RexRed

Tue 29 Jul, 2014 12:05 pm
https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/10418440_675150385911352_2433526009550069282_n.jpg?oh=fa52df447c3c1eba9657f653a9d08abc&oe=543C4F8B
0 Replies

RexRed

Tue 29 Jul, 2014 12:09 pm
Cutting taxes for the wealthy? Again?
http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/cutting-taxes-the-wealthy-again
0 Replies

buttflake

Tue 29 Jul, 2014 12:11 pm
@RexRed,
Just thought you should know Obama went around Congress to transfer the student debt to the taxpayers.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 29 Jul, 2014 12:34 pm
@Baldimo,
Something you can't do, you were talking about people in your unit, not strangers, or in the case of British troops, foreigners.

You don't know what I've done because I've not told you, you're making assumptions.

I've always supported our troops, and it's possible to do so whilst disagreeing with the decision to send them there in the first place.

Prince Harry? Just what is it about Americans and the Royal family?
RexRed

Tue 29 Jul, 2014 01:19 pm
Boehner resurrects debunked smear circa Romney 2012
http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show

Mitt Romney now outsourcing jobs to the moon. (anywhere other than the US)

Republican war on labor coming to a job near you.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Tue 29 Jul, 2014 01:23 pm
@izzythepush,
When I was in Afghanistan I never attended my own units ceremonies because we didn't loose anyone on my trip. I attended the ceremonies for other soldiers from other units, people I didn't know. I showed up and showed my respects.

You haven't even stood out on the road in a moment of silence while a fallen soldier has passed by. Know how I know you haven't done so? If you had you would have said you did. Instead you went to the BS excuse of "I don't talk about my private life". That tells me you have NEVER attended a soldiers funeral and you have NEVER stood by the road for a moment of silence. Like I said, dead UK troops were an excuse for you to be angry. You don't pay any respect, you just use them as weapons.

I happen to have a lot of respect for someone who joins the military when they don't have to. Price Harry is an example. Were you bothered by him being in the service and going to Iraq?
woiyo

Tue 29 Jul, 2014 01:56 pm
@Baldimo,
He is a coward standing behind a keyboard.

He should change his handle to Izzythecoward
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 29 Jul, 2014 02:45 pm
@Baldimo,
Repeating a load of assumptions doesn't make them any more real.

You can stuff your fake outrage up your arse. The fact is both Afghanistan and Iraq were military blunders of the worst kind. They were not remotely intelligence lead, or properly financed.

Afghanistan could have worked, and at least it was justified. After the fall of the Taliban, and the subsequent goodwill of most of the population, some real progress could have been made. Immediate work on infrastructure, education, health and a functioning civil service was what was needed. Afghanistan was a broken country, its people used to war, get them used to something else and they won't want to go back. Not only that it would have improved the image of America throughout the Moslem world.

That didn't happen, Bush seriously pissed off Iran with his axis of evil speech, so they weren't going to help. And they would have, Afghanistan was an even bigger problem for Iran. The Taliban had executed their diplomats, and Afghanistan borders Iraq.

Then instead of rebuilding and convincing the people you really were on their side, you fannied about looking for Bin Laden and then sent half the troops on an ill conceived badly funded misadventure in Iraq.

All the goodwill generated by 9/11 flushed down the bog in one fell swoop by President Fuckwit. It was catastrophic, and a shocking waste of life both allied and Iraqi. The phrase "lions lead by donkeys," springs to mind.

You stamp your foot and blame people like me who were against the Iraq war from the off, because it was obvious it was going to be a disaster, although I never thought Bush would have fucked everything up quite as comprehensively as he did. Instead you should be blaming the idiots who thought up the whole debacle.
Baldimo

Tue 29 Jul, 2014 03:11 pm
@izzythepush,
I don't blame you for Iraq, I'm calling out your false rage about the deaths of UK troops. Have you ever stood on the road in silence as they passed by? Did you attend a funeral to show your support for their families? Have you donated to any of the wounded soldier programs in your country? Have you ever gone to the UK VA and volunteered to help wounded soldiers? Have you ever gone and helped the family of a fallen soldier, brought them a meal or assisted in getting their kids holiday presents or school supplies?

When was the last time you did anything for a soldier? I'm willing to bet you were one of those anti-war fuckers back in the 60's who would spit on soldiers as they came home and called them baby killers. If all you have done is complain about the wars and have done nothing for the soldiers themselves, then your opinion means nothing. You are a bag of hot air.

Don't say you support the troops if you have done nothing for them. If you have done something besides spit on soldiers and call them names, then please share. You claim to be a humanist but I see no proof of it.
RABEL222

Tue 29 Jul, 2014 03:32 pm
@izzythepush,
But in the U S it is NO corporate income tax.
Baldimo

Tue 29 Jul, 2014 03:45 pm
@RABEL222,
Sure there is a corporate tax. The problem comes from the high taxes and then throwing the other rules that screws things up. With a lower tax rate we would eliminate the write offs and then collect more taxes. A flat tax for personal income would be a better option. Our whole tax code needs to be rewritten.
RABEL222

Tue 29 Jul, 2014 04:29 pm
@Baldimo,
But it is the write offs that destort the so called corporate tax like being able to take a reduction for moving jobs from the U S to a foreign country, and taking a business dinner off your taxes and so on into forever.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 29 Jul, 2014 04:33 pm
@Baldimo,
There's nothing false about my rage for the huge unnecessary loss of life, but it's not confined to allied forces.

Back in the 60s I was a little lad, and there weren't any soldiers coming back from any wars.

You seem to have problems dealing with the fact I'm not American, we didn't fight in bloody Vietnam.

I've never spat on a soldier.

You're the one full of ****.

It can't be easy facing up to the fact that you were used just to boost the profits of Halliburton, so you lash out.

You're lashing out at the wrong person, you need to wise up.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 29 Jul, 2014 04:35 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
You claim to be a humanist but I see no proof of it.

Where the **** did I claim to be a humanist?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 29 Jul, 2014 07:30 pm
@Baldimo,
I'm bothered by you wearing your service on your sleeve and bashing others with it.
bobsal u1553115

Tue 29 Jul, 2014 07:33 pm
@Baldimo,
Again with the non germane dredging up of your service. What's the matter, ace? Won the whole war by yourself and nobody give you the recognition you think you deserve?
cicerone imposter

Tue 29 Jul, 2014 07:35 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Nothing like a little modesty, but I'm sure most of us who have served are proud that we did for the sake of our country. When I volunteered, it was a different time and a different place - in the late fifties - only ten years after WWII. It was rather weird in that I was the only Japanese American who was assigned to work with nuclear weapons in the USAF (never saw another Asian during my four years).
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 29 Jul, 2014 07:36 pm
@cicerone imposter,
W was the beneficiary of an affirmative action program. He was a legacy student. He got to go by dint of his dad and granddad graduating.
bobsal u1553115

Tue 29 Jul, 2014 07:37 pm
@RexRed,
AMEN!!!
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 29 Jul, 2014 07:48 pm
Pray God blocks EPA plan, chief regulator of Alabama utilities tells consumers
Stan Diel | [email protected] By Stan Diel | [email protected]
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on July 28, 2014 at 2:13 PM, updated July 28, 2014 at 3:23 PM

BIRMINGHAM, Alabama – Alabama's coal industry will lose jobs and consumers will see their utility bills increase should the EPA implement proposed regulations on coal-fired power plants, Alabama regulators said at a press conference in which they invoked the name of God in the fight over fossil fuels.

Two members of the Alabama Public Service Commission, a member-elect and an Alabama representative to the Republican National Committee said proposed EPA regulations that aim to reduce power plant carbon emissions by 30 percent represent "an assault on our way of life" and are a purposeful attempt by the Obama administration to kill coal-related jobs.

"We will not stand for what they are doing to our way of life in Alabama," said PSC President Twinkle Andress Cavanaugh. "We will take our fight to the EPA."

Cavanaugh and several other Republican leaders from Alabama plan to offer testimony at an EPA hearing in Atlanta on Tuesday.

The EPA announced in June its intent to implement new standards meant to curb carbon emissions from coal-fired power plants. Such emissions are among the biggest contributors to global warming. According to EPA documents, the proposal would require Alabama to lower emissions from its coal-fired plants by 27 percent from 2012 levels.

A spokesman for Alabama Power Co., which has six coal-fired plants in the state, has said it's too soon to know what action the utility would have to take to meet the new standards.

At their news conference today Cavanaugh and PSC commissioner-elect Chip Beeker invoked the name of God in stating their opposition to the EPA proposal. Beeker, a Republican who is running unopposed for a PSC seat, said coal was created in Alabama by God, and the federal government should not enact policy that runs counter to God's plan.

"Who has the right to take what God's given a state?" he said.

Cavanaugh called on the people of the state to ask for God's intervention.

"I hope all the citizens of Alabama will be in prayer that the right thing will be done," she said.

Also speaking in opposition to the EPA plan were PSC Commissioner Jeremy Oden and Paul Reynolds, an Alabama representative to the Republican National Committee.

Oden said he believes the EPA has dramatically underestimated the economic impact that the proposed regulations will have, and that the 600-page proposal represents overreach on the part of the Obama administration. Reynolds said the Obama administration has more important issues with which to contend.

"The Obama administration should be concerned about a potential world at war instead of something dumb, like a war on coal," he said. "What we're dealing with is government run amok."

The press conference was held in the offices of the Alabama Coal Association.

The EPA hearing was to be held Tuesday at the Sam Nunn Atlanta Federal Center but has been relocated to the Omni Hotel because of a power outage.
0 Replies