Moment-in-Time

Tue 29 Jul, 2014 05:19 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
It's fairly obvious.

Bush was gunning for Saddam from the minute he took office, he needed to make his daddy proud by getting rid of the dictator his daddy couldn't topple. The minute 9/11 happened they started talking about Iraq.

Al Gore did not have any of that emotional baggage, and he was considerably smarter than Bush.

I'm afraid I'll have to disagree with you here, Izzy. Bush gave a number of excuses for invading Iraq but he was only throwing out answers to quiet his critics because there was simply no reason to invade Iraq. From the get-go Cheney wanted this war for profiteering for his "former" company Halliburton and to control the oil well contracts. Dick Cheney mentioned to France, Germany and other European countries if they did not join the coalition of the willing to invade Iraq they would not get oil contracts from him. The NEOCONS, primarily consisting of Paul Wolfowitz, Richard Perle, Donald Rumsfeld, and others, wanted to rid Israel of an enemy, Saddam Hussein and then on to Iran; fortunately for the world they got bogged down in Iraq because surprise, surprise, just when GWB began to brag "Mission Complete" the various factions in Iraq began to fight back. The US lost 4,500 US troops, not counting British and other countries' loss.

You were right, even before 9/11, the Cheney/Bush agenda was set to invade Iraq, a country that was no threat to America. George Bush senior, only wanted to chase Saddam Hussein out of Kuwait and back into his lair. They did not want to invade Iraq and that was never, ever a part of the senior Bush's plan.

The senior Bush deliberately gave the green light to Saddam Hussein to invade Kuwait. Hussein had been a close ally of the US; Bush's poll numbers were very low and he wanted to run for a second term, so the move to go to war was political. The cunning senior Bush figured one way to get his poll numbers up..... war.... because during a time of war the American people rally around their president. Had George Herbert Walker Bush instructed our Ambassador to Iraq, April Glaspi, to advise Hussein that the US would not stand by while he invaded Kuwait, Saddam would have listened. Bush never warned Hussein while the Iraqi dictator spoke openly about taking back Kuwait which used to be a part of Iraq. And so, Hussein, thinking he had the green light to invade Kuwait, did just that. Immediately after the invasion, Bush senior got together a coalition to chase Saddam Hussein out.

The first Gulf war lasted a matter of days and Bush senior poll numbers did go up; unfortunately, such did not last and he was not elected for a second term.

You're quite correct regarding Al Gore who got the most votes but a partisan United States Supreme Court appointed the least qualified, George W Bush, to be president. Gore was smart, whereas GWB's brain had been riddled by cocaine and much alcohol abuse....he had sniffed so much cocaine that he had damaged his nasal septum. During the debates he kept sniffing as if he had a cold. No cold last that long. The US system of electing leaders is sadly broken.
izzythepush

Tue 29 Jul, 2014 05:31 am
@Moment-in-Time,
You seem to be disagreeing with me about Bush's motivation not Gore's lack of motivation. I don't think it's an either or situation, yes there was the dark hand of Cheney motivated by profits for Halliburton, but Bush did have an emotional need to prove himself to his father. He was an ex drunk, ex cokehead who barely scraped a pass at University, he had a huge amount of emotional baggage. And yes, Cheney exploited all of that.

The point remains, Gore was not similarly afflicted, did not have Cheney whispering in his ear, and did not contemplate invading Iraq during his years as Clinton's VP.
woiyo

Tue 29 Jul, 2014 06:07 am
@izzythepush,
No. Gore just was around when they bombed Iraq a few times
0 Replies

Baldimo

Tue 29 Jul, 2014 08:47 am
@RexRed,
Now I know this is BS. I just saw a commercial this morning on MSNBC of all places advertising that NY state was offering No Property Taxes, No Sales Taxes, No Income Taxes, No Business or Corporate Taxes, No State or Local Taxes and no Franchise Fees for 10 years if you start your business in NY.

Schumer is full of hot air and nothing else. They are begging people to come and not "pay their fair share".

http://startup.ny.gov/?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=CPC&utm_campaign=StartUpNY
izzythepush

Tue 29 Jul, 2014 08:52 am
@Baldimo,
That's good politics, give businesses incentives and they'll bring jobs to your area. That's why low corporate tax rates in the UK are such a holy grail.
Baldimo

Tue 29 Jul, 2014 09:16 am
@izzythepush,
Something I can't do? Have you ever stood at attention on an air field as they loaded bodies onto a plane? You ever seen or felt such a thing? No? Well I have. I've been there as the bodies of fallen soldiers were loaded up to go home, it is quiet a surreal moment. My unit has lost an entire air crew in Afghanistan. Do you happen to remember the Chinook that went down a few years ago with the Navy Seals on-board? That was my unit. I know more about being human then you can imagine. The month before the Seals died, my unit had another Chinook go down and my roommate from my deployment almost died. He still isn't right and won't ever be himself again. So once again don't try and dictate to me what I feel or don't feel. You are experiencing this war from a distance as someone with no stake in the game except to feel outrage, false outrage at that. Your emotion in this instance means nothing. Like I said no stake in the game. You can't even bring yourself to stand on the side of the road as these fallen soldiers pass by. You didn't take a single minute to do a damn thing for them but use their deaths a device to beat up your political opponents.

Do you despise Price Harry for being in the military and serving in Iraq with his infantry unit? War Criminal?

I feel more than you know, I just choose to apply my feelings to the proper times and places. I don't wear them on my sleeve and expect the world to follow suit.
cicerone imposter

Tue 29 Jul, 2014 09:44 am
@izzythepush,
Actually, it's my personal belief that the senior Bush paid for GW's diploma. His IQ isn't high enough to have earned any 'college' degree.
buttflake

Tue 29 Jul, 2014 10:12 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
His IQ isn't high enough to have earned any 'college' degree.

What is his IQ, apparently you must know.
0 Replies

buttflake

Tue 29 Jul, 2014 10:51 am
Quote:
Emails Show IRS And State Department Worked Together To Target Pro-Israel Groups…

Quote:
Via WSJ:

The IRS has stuck by its story that tax-exempt applications by conservatives got slow-rolled because of bureaucratic bungling not because the groups opposed President Obama’s policies. Now the slow drip of email evidence to congressional investigators is casting further doubt on that tale.

In 2009 the Pennsylvania group Z Street applied for tax-exempt status for its mission of educating people about Israel-related issues. In 2010 an IRS agent told Z Street that its application was delayed because the tax agency’s Washington, D.C. office was giving special scrutiny to groups whose missions might conflict with Administration policies. The IRS’s “Be On the Lookout” list that November also included red flags for groups referring to “disputed territories.”

Z Street sued in August 2010 for viewpoint discrimination and its case is headed for discovery in federal court. Emails uncovered by the House Ways and Means Committee show that the IRS and State Department were conferring in 2009 about pro-Israel groups like Z Street and considering arguments to deny their tax-exempt applications.

In an April 16, 2009 email, Treasury attache to the U.S. Embassy in Jerusalem Katherine Bauer sent IRS and Treasury colleagues a 1997 JTA News article sent to her by State Department foreign service officer Breeann McCusker. The subject was whether 501(c) groups buying land in Israel’s disputed territories were engaged in “possible violations of U.S. tax laws.” The article chronicles the controversy and whether “ideological activity” can “legally be financed with the help of U.S. [tax] dollars.”

“Thought you might find the below article of interest—looks like we’ve been down this road before,” Ms. Bauer wrote. “Although I believe you’ve said you can’t speak to on-going investigations, I thought it was worth flagging the 1997 investigation mentioned below for you if it can be of any use internally when looking for precedence [sic] for the current cases.” A Treasury spokesman declined comment on Ms. Bauer’s behalf.

The “current cases” would have been applications like Z Street’s in which Israel-related activity was apparently being scrutinized for its ideological and policy content. The government says Z Street got special scrutiny because it was focused in a region with a higher risk of terrorism, which is hard to believe and in any case doesn’t explain all of the IRS’s behavior.

It doesn’t cover, for instance, why one questionnaire we’ve seen from the IRS to another Jewish group applying for tax-exempt status asked, “Does your organization support the existence of the land of Israel?” and “Describe your organization’s religious belief system toward the land of Israel.” No matter the answers, they should not affect the processing of an application for 501(c) status. The State-IRS emails reveal a political motivation for IRS scrutiny that gives Z Street powerful evidence for its suit charging IRS bias.

Keep reading…

http://weaselzippers.us/194740-emails-irs-and-state-department-worked-together-to-target-pro-israel-groups/

So much for our allies.
0 Replies

buttflake

Tue 29 Jul, 2014 10:55 am
Quote:
Liberal Heads Must Be Exploding Because of Stunning Fox News Ratings Win Over Network Rivals

Laughing

Quote:
Call out the haz-mat cleanup crew — there’s a bloody mess on the streets of Lib Land after a mass head-explosion incident. The cause? Well, read for yourself from a Variety article entitled:

“Ratings: ‘Fox News Sunday’ Tops NBC’s ‘Meet the Press’ in D.C. for the First Time Since ’07″

“Fox News Sunday” is gaining ratings momentum in Washington D.C., beating its major-network competition in all categories for the first time in seven years.

Nielsen estimates that Sunday’s telecast of “Fox News Sunday” averaged 107,000 viewers in the D.C. market on WTTG-5 — the second largest audience ever in the nation’s capital, behind only the 132,000 in February 2010 when Chris Wallace interviewed Sarah Palin.

It finished well ahead of NBC’s “Meet the Press” on WRC-4 (73,000), ABC’s “This Week” on WJLA-7 (65,000), CBS’ “Face the Nation” on WUSA-9 (59,000) and Univision’s “Al Punto” on WFDC-14 (57,000). “Fox News Sunday” also led in households (64,000 to 53,000 for “Meet the Press”).

And in the key news demo of adults 25-54, “Fox News Sunday” led in D.C. with 41,000, followed by “This Week” (36,000), “Meet the Press” (33,000), “Al Punto” (32,000) and “Face the Nation” (29,000).
0 Replies

buttflake

Tue 29 Jul, 2014 11:04 am
Quote:
Where Are All Those New Jobs in the Obama Economy? Try the Booming Debt Collection Industry

Quote:
Check out the news from this Associated Press report on how many Americans are burdened with unpaid debts that have gone to collections…an industry which, it seems, is enjoying quite a bit of job growth and security:

More than 35 percent of Americans have debts and unpaid bills that have been reported to collection agencies, according to a study released Tuesday by the Urban Institute.

The study points to a disturbing trend: The share of Americans in collections has remained relatively constant, even as the country as a whole has whittled down the size of its credit card debt since the official end of the Great Recession in the middle of 2009.

All of this has reshaped the economy. The collections industry employs 140,000 workers who recover $50 billion each year, according to a separate study published this year by the Federal Reserve’s Philadelphia bank branch.

Quote:
No wonder so many of us hear the regime’s propaganda about our rosy economic picture and feel a total disconnect.

http://www.theminorityreportblog.com/2014/07/29/where-are-all-those-new-jobs-in-the-obama-economy-try-the-booming-debt-collection-industry/
0 Replies

RexRed

Tue 29 Jul, 2014 11:10 am
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/9272_10152161232650493_2063154772350835391_n.png
Baldimo

Tue 29 Jul, 2014 11:13 am
@RexRed,
Don't you mean The Congress only worked 126 days in 2013?
RexRed

Tue 29 Jul, 2014 11:13 am
@Moment-in-Time,
Moment-in-Time wrote:

Quote:
It's fairly obvious.

Bush was gunning for Saddam from the minute he took office, he needed to make his daddy proud by getting rid of the dictator his daddy couldn't topple. The minute 9/11 happened they started talking about Iraq.

Al Gore did not have any of that emotional baggage, and he was considerably smarter than Bush.

I'm afraid I'll have to disagree with you here, Izzy. Bush gave a number of excuses for invading Iraq but he was only throwing out answers to quiet his critics because there was simply no reason to invade Iraq.

So Bush's State Dept "invented" a bunch of reasons to invade Iraq...
buttflake

Tue 29 Jul, 2014 11:28 am
@Baldimo,
Quote:
Don't you mean The Congress only worked 126 days in 2013?

The Senate being a Democratic majority is exempt. Their lack of production, the lack of debate, is not their fault. How could it be?
0 Replies

buttflake

Tue 29 Jul, 2014 11:35 am
Quote:

Several hundred people gathered in front of the White House on Saturday, chanting, “Obama, Obama, where are you? Iraqi Christians call for you!”

Iraqi Christians held demonstrations in a number of cities on Saturday, including Washington, Paris, The Hague, Cologne, and London, in order to bring attention to the current assault on Christians by the Islamic State (IS)– formerly the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham (ISIS) jihadists. One week ago, Christians were forced out of Mosul, Iraq’s second largest city, and many Christian monasteries, shrines and churches have since been destroyed.

His Grace Mar Paulus Benjamin, a bishop in the Assyrian Church of the East, made the 12-hour bus ride from Chicago with parishioners to attend the demonstration in Washington. I spoke with him in front of the White House: “Iraq’s Christians are being ignored by the United States, the United Nations, and the human rights organizations,” the Bishop said. “For us, America is a symbol of freedom and protection of human rights. I think of America in World War II, when America came to the rescue of Europe. Then, the enemy was the Nazis. Today it is ISIS. The names are different, but the religious cleansing is the same.

http://www.rightwingnews.com/barack-obama/iraqi-christians-chanting-for-help-in-front-of-white-house-obama-obama-where-are-you/
0 Replies

woiyo

Tue 29 Jul, 2014 11:48 am
@RexRed,
Yes and remember how the WORLD agreed with those reasons BEFORE EVEN THE UN DID !!!
0 Replies

RexRed

Tue 29 Jul, 2014 11:48 am
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t1.0-9/10408753_675692979190426_8600459006603418091_n.png
RexRed

Tue 29 Jul, 2014 11:54 am
https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/l/t31.0-8/10478415_803418646357885_5558271918579014392_o.jpg
0 Replies

RexRed

Tue 29 Jul, 2014 12:04 pm
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t1.0-9/10370810_650195855073472_7560987908162508348_n.png