mysteryman

Fri 4 Jul, 2014 08:56 am
@RexRed,
Whats your source for this quote?
bobsal u1553115

Fri 4 Jul, 2014 10:28 am
@RexRed,
Mitt is a dismal acorn that fell a long way from the Oak tree. Like W.
bobsal u1553115

Fri 4 Jul, 2014 10:30 am
@coldjoint,
Talk about a lame come back. You take the cake, buster.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Fri 4 Jul, 2014 10:35 am
@Baldimo,
Regressive politics didn't start until NeoCons elected W and we elected the President to protect us. And now Teapublicans are trying fulfill their promise to make this President fail. You start the fire and then blame the fireman for putting it out. What fills you with so much hate for your fellow Americans?
bobsal u1553115

Fri 4 Jul, 2014 10:36 am
@coldjoint,
The President doesn't want to kill workers rights, Hitler and you do.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Fri 4 Jul, 2014 10:38 am
@mysteryman,
Now you understand why I post the complete article with footnotes.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 4 Jul, 2014 10:41 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Mitt is a dismal acorn that fell a long way from the Oak tree.

No, an Acorn is the symbol for voter fraud. It is not just for trees anymore. And success is a no -no for people like you. Hard work is to be discouraged at all costs. Mediocrity is the new success. In fact government dependence is the new great achievement and all that is necessary to make it on the money of others.

The fact is that people who object to that are racists and haters now. Funny how that works in this ass backwards idea promoted by liars of what this country is about.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 4 Jul, 2014 11:33 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
What fills you with so much hate for your fellow Americans?

Why do you insist on throwing that word "hate" around? I have noticed that the people you consider haters disagree with you. Is that all it takes for you to start calling names?
Sure I have said things to Rex and you and I will continue because you two deserve it. You have no argument but racism, hate, and rhetoric that supports your constant attack on free thinking people insisting on their individual rights, not a collective clusterfuck advocated by those who plainly do your thinking for you.
And I need nothing from anyone here. I could care less what you try to make me out to be. And the gossip you encourage shows your weakness and accomplishes 0. Unless you think it has, keeping in mind your thinking is not your own. In other words, you can't deal with the truth about the disaster progressive doctrine has done to this country.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 4 Jul, 2014 12:50 pm
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Bm6tQTkOrAg/U7WbXGmY-SI/AAAAAAAAKrw/HPkNM3xSbS4/s1600/Fork-of-July.jpg
coldjoint

Fri 4 Jul, 2014 01:02 pm
http://www.zombietime.com/zomblog/wp-content/images/wuo_obama_logos.jpg

Quote:
In the center of the book’s cover is a hidden design which seems to be an homage to their Weather Underground logo of years past:

http://www.zombietime.com/zomblog/?p=70
coldjoint

Fri 4 Jul, 2014 01:44 pm
Check out these racists
http://thepeoplescube.com/peoples_resource/image/31003

Rex, Bob go get 'em!!http://www.acidpulse.net/images/smilies/fist.gif
0 Replies

Advocate

Fri 4 Jul, 2014 03:57 pm
@coldjoint,
That is pretty witless stuff, even for you.
coldjoint

Fri 4 Jul, 2014 09:35 pm
@Advocate,
Quote:
That is pretty witless stuff, even for you.

How can you say that when progressives are constantly finding victims? Even when they don't want to be victims. And you seem to support the crusade. I guess you are the one lacking wits.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sat 5 Jul, 2014 06:11 am
http://i.imgur.com/H3dUDwR.jpg
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sat 5 Jul, 2014 06:15 am
@coldjoint,
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I bet you check under your bed for communists!!!!!

I was at Kent State and I was in Underground. You're full of it.
bobsal u1553115

Sat 5 Jul, 2014 06:49 am
http://static01.nyt.com/images/2014/07/02/opinion/0702OPEDopen/0702OPEDopen-master675.jpg

The Opinion Pages | Op-Ed Contributor
Hobby Lobby Is Only the Beginning

By PAUL HORWITZ JULY 1, 2014

This story is included with an NYT Opinion subscription.
Learn more »

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — THE United States Constitution speaks of the Supreme Court’s jurisdiction over “cases” and “controversies.” But when social controversies do come before the court, its powers are limited. In Burwell v. Hobby Lobby Stores, which concerned the dispute over the Affordable Care Act’s contraceptive mandate, the court may have decided the case. The larger controversy, however, won’t be settled so easily.

By a 5-to-4 vote, the court on Monday held that the mandate, which requires employers to provide health insurance coverage for contraception, could not be applied to closely held for-profit corporations with religious objections to some forms of contraception. Religious groups described the mandate as part of a war on religious freedom. Supporters of the mandate countered that a victory for the plaintiffs would allow large corporations, under the cover of religious freedom, not just to impede women’s exercise of their reproductive rights but also to defy civil rights statutes with impunity.

Amid this heated talk, it was easy to lose sight of the fact that this was a statutory case, not a case decided under the First Amendment’s protection of freedom of religion. The statute in question, the Religious Freedom Restoration Act, states that the government “shall not substantially burden” the exercise of religion without satisfying a demanding legal test.

It is worth noting that the act was championed by President Bill Clinton and passed in 1993, with near unanimity, by a Democrat-controlled Congress. The act was drafted in response to a controversial 1990 Supreme Court decision that made it easier — far too easy, according to critics of all political stripes — for the government to burden the exercise of religion.

The decision in Hobby Lobby was no shock to anyone familiar with the heavy weight that the Religious Freedom Restoration Act places on religious accommodation. The fate of the case was sealed 21 years ago — not by a slim majority of the court, but by virtually every member of Congress. In a dissenting opinion on Monday, Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg argued that the court’s ruling in Hobby Lobby was one of “startling breadth,” but the statute itself is deliberately broad.

So why all the shouting? If the Religious Freedom Restoration Act is clearly written, and the product of a democratic process, what explains the apocalyptic rhetoric surrounding this case? In truth, the sources of the controversy lie outside the issue of the contraceptive mandate itself. And that should be great cause for concern — to both sides of the debate.

The first source of controversy is the collapse of a national consensus on a key element of religious liberty: accommodation. Throughout American history, there has been widespread agreement that in our religiously diverse and widely devout country, it is good for the government to accommodate religious exercise. We have disagreed about particular accommodations (may a Muslim police officer wear a beard, despite police department policy?), and especially about whether religious accommodations should be ordered by judges or crafted by legislators. But we have generally agreed that our nation benefits when we help rather than burden those with religious obligations. That consensus seems, quite suddenly, to have evaporated.

A second source of controversy is that many people view the Hobby Lobby case as concerning not just reproductive rights but also, indirectly, rights for gays and lesbians. Advocates for same-sex marriage have long insisted that their own marriages need not threaten anyone else’s, but citizens with religious objections to same-sex marriage wonder whether that is entirely true: Will a small-business owner be sued, for instance, for declining to provide services to a same-sex couple? Conversely, and understandably, gay and lesbian couples wonder why they do not deserve the same protections from discrimination granted to racial and other minorities. For both sides, Hobby Lobby was merely a prelude to this dawning conflict.

The third source of controversy is a change in our views of the marketplace itself. The marketplace was once seen as place to put aside our culture wars and engage in the great American tradition of buying and selling. The shopping mall has even been called the “American agora.” But today the market itself has become a site of cultural conflict. Hobby Lobby is one of many companies that seek to express faith commitments at work as well as at home and that don’t see the workplace as a thing apart from religion. Many companies preach and practice values, religious and otherwise, that are unrelated to market considerations. CVS, for example, recently announced that it would stop selling tobacco products, regardless of how that decision might affect its bottom line.

A country that cannot even agree on the idea of religious accommodation, let alone on what terms, is unlikely to agree on what to do next. A country in which many states cannot manage to pass basic anti-discrimination laws covering sexual orientation is one whose culture wars may be beyond the point of compromise. And a nation whose marketplace itself is viewed, for better or worse, as a place to fight both those battles rather than to escape from them is still less likely to find surcease from struggle.

Expect many more Hobby Lobbies.

Paul Horwitz, a professor at the University of Alabama School of Law, is the author of “First Amendment Institutions.”

A version of this op-ed appears in print on July 2, 2014, on page A25 of the New York edition with the headline: Hobby Lobby Is Only the Beginning. Order Reprints|Today's Paper|Subscribe
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 5 Jul, 2014 11:22 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
I was at Kent State and I was in Underground.

Too bad they didn't shoot you. Were you in on the plan to kill 25 million Americans who would not conform. Something to be proud of?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 5 Jul, 2014 11:27 am
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ZL5eqwRS_cw/U7fEfOJVnpI/AAAAAAAAbyo/ZTMP37oc7ls/s1600/4.jpg
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 5 Jul, 2014 11:28 am
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-prRhQyMccrg/U7fEgmPEFtI/AAAAAAAAbzE/eleSdazV0hw/s1600/9.jpg
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 5 Jul, 2014 11:29 am
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-shICmkj_DG4/U7fEe8G3e1I/AAAAAAAAbyk/oxYaAIKSZ0M/s1600/3.jpg