anonymously99

Fri 28 Mar, 2014 01:56 am
@wmwcjr,
Is anyone supposed to make sense of what you just said.
MontereyJack

Fri 28 Mar, 2014 03:12 am
coldjoint says:
Quote:
You and others can attack me but not what I post about the fucknut we call president

To the contrary, we have repeatedly exposed what you say and post about Obama, liberals, and Democrats, as lies, misinterpretations, distortions, and out-and-out claptrap. Which makes you the fucknut.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 28 Mar, 2014 03:34 am
@wmwcjr,
I once met a witch whose name was Waydiddygo. She was Witch Waydiddygo.
Region Philbis

Fri 28 Mar, 2014 04:09 am

https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/1173811_627492550673986_71500453_n.jpg
wmwcjr

Fri 28 Mar, 2014 09:25 am
@anonymously99,
I'm just having a little fun. Don't take me seriously! Smile
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Fri 28 Mar, 2014 09:28 am
@izzythepush,
Smile

http://cur.cursors-4u.net/smilies/images1/smi12-2.gif
izzythepush

Fri 28 Mar, 2014 09:44 am
@wmwcjr,
Hi Bill.
JTT

Fri 28 Mar, 2014 09:47 am
@izzythepush,
I doubt very much that Bill will travel to stay in your "spare" bedroom, Iz.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Fri 28 Mar, 2014 10:10 am
@Region Philbis,
Got a link?
JTT

Fri 28 Mar, 2014 10:17 am
@Baldimo,
B: Got a link?

You've not ever shown much interest in the facts, Baldimo. Why start now? If you are given corroboration, you'll likely just flee.
0 Replies

panzade

Fri 28 Mar, 2014 10:20 am
@Baldimo,
Technically.... Very Happy
Ryan supported raising the minimum wage but ultimately he voted against the bill because it lacked some provisions he demanded.
Not a Liar Liar Pants On Fire....but a half truth.

Quote:
Though Ryan ultimately voted against the measure, he argued that he supported raising the hourly rate as long as it came with a suitable “offset” of small business relief. “Last year, I supported an increase in the minimum wage because it also included tax relief measures for employers to offset the cost of the proposed minimum wage increase,” he noted in a floor speech, as he announced “with great regret” that he could not back the bill without more small business tax cuts.

Like most Republicans, however, Ryan struck a far more defiant tone in response to Obama’s proposal, dispensing of any caveats and telling CNN that “I think it actually is counterproductive in many ways. You end up costing jobs from people who are at the bottom rung of the economic ladder.”
JTT

Fri 28 Mar, 2014 10:27 am
@panzade,
Raising the minimum wage is a bad idea. It'll cause walmart, target and the like to close their doors.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Fri 28 Mar, 2014 10:30 am
@panzade,
So the meme is BS. Good to know.
cicerone imposter

Fri 28 Mar, 2014 10:31 am
@panzade,
There is no proof that increasing the minimum wage reduces jobs. Businesses don't close shop because they must pay their workers higher wages. All businesses must comply by the law, and past wage increases have not cut jobs - even at fast food restaurants. It becomes a matter of good management to survive any business in this economy - or any economy. It's called competition, and individuals as well as businesses must live with the laws of the land.

Have we seen business closures from past wage increases? NO! We have more businesses today than in the past.
panzade

Fri 28 Mar, 2014 10:34 am
@cicerone imposter,
Please don't direct this at me. You're preaching to the choir.

I was just vetting reeg's meme.
panzade

Fri 28 Mar, 2014 10:38 am
@Baldimo,
Quote:
So the meme is BS

Not totally....it's obvious that Republicans have no desire to help Obama pass any legislation.

Quote:
A ThinkProgress analysis finds that at least 67 Republicans who are still in Congress today backed an increase in the minimum wage in some form, including Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI).

Political momentum for an increase began in 2004, after President Bush announced his support for a bill by now-Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY). After Democrats won majorities of the House and Senate in the 2006 elections, a minimum wage increase became one of their first priorities. The Fair Minimum Wage Act — which also included tax cuts for small businesses — passed the House and Senate with overwhelming bipartisan support.

When the increase was folded into a larger appropriations bill, it again passed with strong bipartisan support and was eventually signed into law by Bush. 26 House Republicans even signed a letter to then-House Majority Leader John Boehner (R-OH), asking for a vote on a minimum wage increase, including current Representatives Shelley Moore Capito (R-WV), Michael Fitzpatrick (R-PA), Peter King (R-NY), Frank LoBiondo (R-NJ), Christopher Smith (R-NJ), and Fred Upton (R-MI). In incremental stages, the law raised the minimum wage from $5.15-per-hour to $7.25.

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2013/02/15/1601831/65-republicans-supported-increasing-the-minimum-wage-when-bush-was-president/
0 Replies

Baldimo

Fri 28 Mar, 2014 10:47 am
@cicerone imposter,
You are correct they don't close up shop, they just hire less people or find a way to get the job done without a person involved. Automation anyone?

Who are you planning on helping with the raise in the min wage?
panzade

Fri 28 Mar, 2014 11:13 am
@Baldimo,
Quote:
they just hire less people or find a way to get the job done without a person involved

You are parroting a common assumption that labor rates equal labor costs.

I have five very good friends who work at a Walmart in a nearby town.
Two of them are in management.
They tell me that the situation in their store is approaching a critical point.

The entry level wage is so low that they can't attract enough workers and now management is having to stock the shelves at night(salaried; no overtime) and there's still not enough product on display.
The turnover in employees has raised the cost of training and the amount of in-store theft has exploded due to poor morale and a lack of company loyalty.

Contrast that to the situation at Costco where wages are approximately 56% higher.
From the Harvard Business Review:
Quote:
In return for its generous wages and benefits, Costco gets one of the most loyal and productive workforces in all of retailing, and, probably not coincidentally, the lowest shrinkage (employee theft) figures in the industry.

While Sam’s Club and Costco generated $37 billion and $43 billion, respectively, in U.S. sales last year, Costco did it with 38% fewer employees—admittedly, in part by selling to higher-income shoppers and offering more high-end goods. As a result, Costco generated $21,805 in U.S. operating profit per hourly employee, compared with $11,615 at Sam’s Club. Costco’s stable, productive workforce more than offsets its higher costs.

http://hbr.org/2006/12/the-high-cost-of-low-wages/ar/1
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 28 Mar, 2014 11:15 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
There is no proof that increasing the minimum wage reduces jobs

So all the CEOs that say they will are joking?
raprap

Fri 28 Mar, 2014 11:21 am
@coldjoint,
ColdDoper wrote:
So all the CEOs that say they will are joking?

Apparently ColdDoper can't even write a coherent phrase.

You really are too easy.

Rap
0 Replies